Barisic

He got a lot of stick first half for passing backwards, had nothing else on as Kent hid on the touchline and lost the ball nearly every time he got it. Certain players are open to criticism and others aren't it seems.

Warrior mode Barisic is up there with the best left backs we've ever had. Just wish we'd see it more often.

He got a lot of stick first half for passing backwards, had nothing else on as Kent hid on the touchline and lost the ball nearly every time he got it. Certain players are open to criticism and others aren't it seems.
Kent wasn't fit, that much was clear. Barasic wanted to use him but Kent never moved for him at all, was surprised Kent made it past half time. He passed to Lawrence every time when he was clear and whipped in a couple of balls as well when the opportunity was on, otherwise he had to go backwards. I thought Barasic had a decent game.

Was everyone watching the same game tonight?

Mr safety yet again. Every ball he received either went inside or back. Even towards the end he done his usual thing of backing off the winger and giving them about 20 yards on him.

He needs replaced pronto.
You can tell what he’s going to do by his body shape straight away.

Also his balls in for the penalty and goal weren’t great crosses, just fortunate how it worked our. Not trying to be overly harsh as he is a good servant and I like him but I can understand why we spent decent money on a left back rather than a clear understudy to Barisic.

The same people screaming that "Borna needs to drive forward" and "Borna needs to try the killer pass" will be the same people saying "why's Borna leaving all that space behind him?" and "why try that killer pass?" when it gets intercepted.

Had a decent game, played with more purpose than he has in recent games. Can't take those goal contributions away from him either. Barisic's balls into the box weren't all great, but they were part of a broader pattern to our play that was different from Livi and the first leg against USG - we asked questions and put their defence under pressure, testing their concentration. Tillman added to that pressure for the third goal by actually challenging for what many assumed was an aimless deep ball. Colak did the same by getting his head onto two or three crosses. USG cracked. I'd still be looking to integrate Ridvan as quickly as possible, but credit where it's due.

Was everyone watching the same game tonight?

Mr safety yet again. Every ball he received either went inside or back. Even towards the end he done his usual thing of backing off the winger and giving them about 20 yards on him.

He needs replaced pronto.
Well we haven’t paid 6 million for a new LB to sit on the bench.

Back