Barjonas - Norwich bid from couple years ago?

c9gran1

As title says can anyone remember a couple years ago now the talk of a bid from Norwich for barjonas possibly to do with the Dorrans deal to rangers?
Surprising really he hasn’t moved out on Lon at least again as he seems to do well at development level

Can't say i remember that mate. Slightly off topic would like to see him get another loan spell at a decent Eng;ish League 1/2 level. Anytime i have seen the development team highlights he always seems to be involved, looks like he has done alot of growing as well, looks very athletic.

Right now he is too good for the development team but not at the level the 1st team needs.

Last year of his deal, sadly don’t think he’ll make it with us.

He is always one of the best players in any of the friendly games I see. Tall and powerful. He would not look out of place in our first team. Would hate to see him move on to a Motherwell, St J, Killie etc.

I always remember we had a great result at Easter Road with Barjonas and McCrorie in midfield. Always liked the pair of them ever since.

Does seem to be too good for Development level and should be out on loan right now.

I reckon if we’re to see Jamie in a Rangers first team jersey, it will be after we sign him back. He’s absolutely not good enough as present for the first team, but that’s not to say he’ll never be.

He should get himself a move down south and go out and prove himself week in, week out. He’s certainly got the ability to go and do well in the championship.

He may be important for Homegrown EL numbers? I definitely think we can be selfish with Barjonas and keep him around until January just in case of injuries or suspensions and 2 games a week for the next 3 months. He may not play a minute but we have gave him ample loan chances, look at the way Rossiter got great reviews for Bury getting promoted where as Jamie barely kicked a ball

Do what the English teams do. Give him a two year extension, loan him out a couple of times then make a decision on him with a year left.

Were too quick to discard these guys. A good loan deal in England and he could be worth a few quid.
This is a good point- basically what liverpool have done with kent but at a lower level - only problem is the lack of money further down the gravy train

The Norwich rumours were after Jamie had had first team experience under Pedro Caixinha. I spoke to Jamie himself at the time, and he was of the opinion that there was no truth to the rumours, doesn't mean that Norwich weren't interested in him, just that at that point Jamie hadn't heard anything official.

Hell end up in Scottish Lower leagues not good enough for us.

See I always thought he looked decent when he got in the first team, not that that was many times. Maybe below the level needed now I suppose. I think he would certainly be good enough for a bottom half SPL team/Championship team, lower leagues is maybe a bit harsh mate.

See I always thought he looked decent when he got in the first team, not that that was many times. Maybe below the level needed now I suppose. I think he would certainly be good enough for a bottom half SPL team/Championship team, lower leagues is maybe a bit harsh mate.
didn't set the heather on fire during his loan spells to lower leagues

It was when Murty was at Norwich he was after him.

Now he's his coach in the development squad here

The link was definitely post Murty handstand. So Murty was here when Norwich were interested.

I also remember being worried, as the few minutes I’d seen of Barjo in the first team, he looked decent.

Hell end up in Scottish Lower leagues not good enough for us.

He's not good enough for our 1st team, but when I saw him play down at Mansfield in our pre season friendly he was the best midfielder on display by a distance from either side.

The Mansfield supporters were very impressed with him and there was a bit of talk about him going there on loan around that time.

Murty rates him very highly and lobbied the first team staff to take him to Portugal for the pre-season trip.

I think Jamie has everything in his locker except experience. Really likeable young guy.

There are too many in front of him at Rangers right now but I would love to see him get a loan in Scotland while continuing to train most days with us.

Back