Barkas

He doesnt look like a keeper at all. You can normally look at a keeper and see a bit of swagger, arrogance and mentalness in them. This guy looks so out of place in between the sticks.

Bain is probably better.

He doesnt look like a keeper at all. You can normally look at a keeper and see a bit of swagger, arrogance and mentalness in them. This guy looks so out of place in between the sticks.

Bain is probably better.
This times a million mate. As a keeper myself, I actually said on Saturday he looked terrified and like he wanted to be anywhere other than in that match

Would love to have someone like Mark Hateley against him, first few minutes hang up in the air in front of the keeper for the big man to just smash into him

After the game I googled Soro who was on their bench, never heard of him! £2m TWO MILLION POUNDS!
You've never heard of him?

My heart was broken, my heart was broken
Soro Soro Soro Soro
bcRSiq1.jpg

This times a million mate. As a keeper myself, I actually said on Saturday he looked terrified and like he wanted to be anywhere other than in that match
I was a keeper too at a decent level. Must be goalie intuition :))

Keepers are genuinely easy to judge

they are either

Great

Ok

Shite

and I can assure you, he is shite

Such an important position in the team as a keeper
We are fortunate to have two proper ‘no. 1’s’

When Chris Woods was in goals it seemed pointless shooting as there was nothing to aim for. Their goalie looks tiny , he seemed to sharing during the game . He would crumble at Ibrox.

Looks like a competition winner. Added with the fact that he's openly said that he doesn't like going in goals, and trains at left back when with Greece, I'm over the moon that that's who they've replaced Forster with!

I always suspected he was gonna be a diddy. Greece hardly has a long list of top goalies over the years. The are definitely weaker in the gk position compared to last year and I’m glad they weren’t able to perused big Herman Munster to sign permanently.

I don’t know if he is good or not. What I do know is he looked crap and uninspiring. But that’s important.

why? Because he had to go into the dressing room at half time and full time and face Lennon.

Lennon, as we know, would have held no punches. Rational or irrational. Probably the latter.

it will take a bloody strong character to turn it around after that. The pressure on him will be huge. Which I’m fine with.

if Milan scud them.....aberdeen becomes momentous

As I said in another post, I'm an avid watcher of Greek football, and I'd say with confidence Barkas wasn't even in the top 5 keepers in Greece 2018+ until he signed for Celtic .

Pros: very good on 1 on 1's, but always goes down early, a calm striker like Defoe would just dink it over him all day long

Cons: terrible communication, terrible on crosses, can't command a defence, physical presence 0, not a great fit for Scottish fitba.

Vlachodimos for Benfica is the best Greek keeper we'll see (if he plays!)

Looking at the £5m diddys performance on Saturday , I can't remember ever seeing such an uninspiring goalkeeper

No presence or communication at all. He looked shell shocked in an empty stadium. I think he would physically pass himself in a full bouncing Ibrox
A few guys on here were telling me I was wrong that goalkeeper was one of a few positions where they had gone backwards significantly.

He is a dud. Another one.

Back