Barkas

He looks like an outfield player that’s had to go in goals as the real keeper was sent off.

His reputation at least, is that he’s a modern keeper who is good with the ball at his feet, so an outfield player, who is in goal. But as has been said, no command of his area. Terrible at cross balls, no communication with his defence.

He apparently is good on 1 on 1’s but in this league it will be us on one hand with our attacking players or a seven foot forward. He doesn’t do well against either.

A very strange signing for them. No attributes that help them in this particular League.

Oh well

Anyway.....

I remember at the time of him signing i seen one of them saying he was the best goalkeeper in Scotland without seeing him play, he looks like an outfield player playing in goal

They really have wasted some amount of money on absolute garbage

Barkas - £4.5m
Taylor - near £3m
Julien - £7.2m
Duffy - Rumoured 45k a week wage £2million loan fee
Frimpong - 340k compensation
Elhamed - £1.6m
Soro £2m
Turnbull - £3.25
Kimala £3.6m
Ajeti - £5m
Bolingoli - £3m

Over £30 million spunked on utter dross . Not a single player would make out first 11

He just doesn’t look like an imposing goalkeeper who commands his box and fills defenders with confidence.

They will get Forster back in January on loan nothing surer

Forster had that option in summer, apparently terms were agreed with the clubs. After leading them along saying he wanted to stay, as soon as his loan expired he said he wanted to go back to Southampton.

It makes it even funnier that big Herman Munster is sitting on Southampton's bench, whilst the limp wristed Greek tragedy they spunked £5m on is throwing them in!!

Looking at the £5m diddys performance on Saturday , I can't remember ever seeing such an uninspiring goalkeeper

No presence or communication at all. He looked shell shocked in an empty stadium. I think he would physically pass himself in a full bouncing Ibrox
Poppadom wrists

Looks like the Ian Andrews type of keeper who’d melt like a chocolate teapot playing at Ibrox in front of 50,000 bears.

Something tells me they’ll bin him in January even with the crazy fee they paid for him and bring someone else in on loan.

This guy is the guy that will win us the league
They should have broke the bank for Forster.
No comparison in goalkeepers
You do our players a dis-service. Ryan Kent, Tav , Roofe, Alfie , Borna , Helander will win us the league. Not some mentally challenged goalkeeper

He made a couple of saves when they knocked them out of the CL 2 years ago. Dafties must have signed him up based on that.

On the subject of goalkeepers, I reckon McGregor could have taken his gloves off on Saturday clipped and filed his nails, went into the dressing room for a cuppa and a slash mid game, sat and read the papers, watch the EPL on the telly and then sauntered back between the sticks and he would not have missed anything.

He looked like a lost wee boy on Saturday that’s realised he’s in way too deep.
Tims are wanting Bain in for Thursday

Barkas - £4.5m
Taylor - near £3m
Julien - £7.2m
Elhamed - £1.6m
Soro £2m
Turnbull - £3.25
Kimala £3.6m
Ajeti - £5m
Bolingoli - £3m

Over £30 million spunked on utter dross . Not a single player would make out first 11

Sure they also spend a couple of million each on a striker called Bayo and a Ukrainian called Schved or something, they have wasted a fair amount of cash on absolute dross.

Last edited:
£5m for that! Thank f**k they lost out on forster this time, night and day in terms of quality
Ach they got their money given to them for free by the SPFL/SFA so they can throw away as much as they like.
This is what happens when you get things given like that, spending excess money with no real care because the right was not won by them.

Looking at the £5m diddys performance on Saturday , I can't remember ever seeing such an uninspiring goalkeeper

No presence or communication at all. He looked shell shocked in an empty stadium. I think he would physically pass himself in a full bouncing Ibrox
Ian Andrews was another who was piped up as a super keeper if I remember correctly.He was also Barkin

Barkas - £4.5m
Taylor - near £3m
Julien - £7.2m
Elhamed - £1.6m
Soro £2m
Turnbull - £3.25
Kimala £3.6m
Ajeti - £5m
Bolingoli - £3m

Do they not have an African midfielder they paid 3.5m for a couple of years back aswell? Cannot remember his name.

And Jack Hendry from Dundee, was a hefty fee I think.

:)
Bizarre. All sorts of alarm bells would be ringing reading that. Good job they have TLB in charge.

I see they've already started to talk down the price. £3.5m they paid I heard yesterday.

It was £5m, but soon enough it'll be £350k no doubt. He's shocking.

He was a desperate signing, from a desperate team . When foster refused to sign again on loan & they couldn’t afford to buy him , they panicked. They let Gordon go to save money & couldn’t rely on their 3rd choice keeper .

Oh I don’t know.
The name Andrews does spring to mind!

Brenda leaving ripped out there recruitment guys so they turned to Nick Hammond....... who was sacked by West Brom.

I can't think why?

He made a right arse of the first goal and whenever the camera panned to him, I thought he looked nervous. I don't really get why brown shouted at him for tipping the free kick over the bar, better safe than sorry as they say. Between Brown screaming at him and having Duffy for protection, he'll probably be pretty low on confidence. I fully expect the Zlatan to put a couple past him on Thursday.

Bain isn’t a bad keeper from what I’ve seen. Good distributor which is important for their style of play. But rodgers liked him - so egotistical Lenny can’t. Certainly better than this present joker.

He looked like a lost wee boy on Saturday that’s realised he’s in way too deep.
Tims are wanting Bain in for Thursday
Will Lennon's ego allow him to drop a 5 million keeper so early basically admitting he's shite after 11 games also it would destroy the lad I think we'll see bain before January that's after some more greek tragidys first

Bizarre. All sorts of alarm bells would be ringing reading that. Good job they have TLB in charge.

I see they've already started to talk down the price. £3.5m they paid I heard yesterday.

It was £5m, but soon enough it'll be £350k no doubt. He's shocking.
Exact same thing will happen with Kilmala - when he signed, shouted from the rooftops at £3.5m for the next Lewandowski, now that he is looking like a dumpling, no worries, they paid only £2m for a great prospect...

When he signed the reports said he was a big imposing goalie who commanded his box, came for everything and was constantly barking orders and i thought they had signed a good one, truth is he looks like a rabbit in the headlights and the tims want him dropped ! Another Lenny master signing.

If you're spending £5million on a keeper, make sure he's either Dutch or German.

The scum just look like they're being operated by someone playing football manager with the biggest budget in the league, buying players at the highest value for each position thinking that will automatically make them quality, they have absolutely no identity to how they play, if we don't win the league this year it will be a travesty as we are a far better footballing side.

Back