Barrie McKay “Unfinished Business”

He refuses to sign contract. Under the circumstances we did well to get that for him no matter how much others try and rewrite history.

How much did Forest get for him when selling him to Swansea?

He has struggled since leaving Rangers
Who wouldnt not sign a contract under Pedro.
You would want away from him then murty very quickly.

Does the same apply to dorrans and murphy.
How much expierence have they?, 6 times barries wages maybe? Played in england
Remember them last season!!

Yeah I remember them last season. Both got injured, Dorrans should be no comparison to McKay as he’s a midfielder. Murphy is 10 fold the player McKay is, he knows how to beat a man for starters.

Bit of rewriting of history wee Barrie hid for most of Pedro's time had skill no real heart would not get into a Gerrard team. Struggled at Forest now on the bench at Swansea

Do you know that for a fact?
Its unblievable the amount of bitterness towards barrie.
Direct the anger towards pena or the 2 million pound man grezda likely getting 20k a week who is rank.

Yeah I remember them last season. Both got injured, Dorrans should be no comparison to McKay as he’s a midfielder. Murphy is 10 fold the player McKay is, he knows how to beat a man for starters.
Both have been a mistake with a transfer fee and massive wages.
Latter stages of their career now, none of the 2 will play 50 games for Rangers in their remaining career.

Barrie Mckay has neither the talent nor the attitude to play for a winning Rangers team.

We got rid (rightly) of better in the summer.

I'd rather Kent was made permanent than bring back McKay, who don't get me wrong is a talented player, but time to move on.

If you want to win anything mentality is vital,Ejaria despite being talented didn’t have it.
Let’s not pretend McKay would have miraculously morphed into the correct mindset required,you either have it or you don’t.

And he definitely does not.

What's the story regarding his comments. I've seen it mentioned before.
Not being difficult. I was working in Middle East at the time so must have missed it

Stuff like this.

I wasn't being treated the way any human being should be treated, but that's football and I had to move on."

Didn’t go down well considering it was far from slave labour and each and every one of us on here would swap positions with him in a heartbeat. Footballers trying to conjure sympathy with the everyday football fan doesn’t work any more. The gulf between players and the ordinary fan is far too big to even entertain shite like that.

A great player on his day yet application and heart left a lot to be desired. He’s done little to prove the club wrong since leaving.

That said, Pedro fucked a few players Gers careers, no doubt about that.

We're lucky we have Kent to turn to this season.

Very similar in the way they can drop a shoulder, make quick feints, trick players and get by them and make genuinely world class first touches.

This BS that he didn't turn up and apply himself most games is a myth.

Watch back 90% of his games and even though he seems to be glossed with the same brush as the nobody's in the squad at the time, he was creating chances and making moves that no one else was capable of doing on almost a game basis.

I think Gerrard would love having a player like him and it would make McKay thrive.

His comments have maybe been over the top although as we're led to believe, Pedro had them doing some crazy stuff. Sending Halliday to some mad league, trying to force windass out the door, starting rifts with players first few days in the door. He may be angry at the way he was treated as I'm sure many would be put in the same position.

His comments on leaving surely put a nail in that coffin.

I was supportive of him when he was playing inconsistently while putting half a shift in 75% of the time – but the whole ‘treated like an animal’ line while in a career and on a wage 99% of the world would die for put me off. The wee ärsehole can bite ma banger, doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near Ibrox.

Pena's showreel was good too.

I was a huge McKay fan. In terms of natural footballing talent he is the best player we have brought through since Barry Fergusuon.

He wanted out the door though and I wouldn't take him back, his attitude clearly is not compatible with making the most of his ability.

Pena’s Showreel wasn’t actually. Not claiming any great insight as I was as fooled as everyone else by his pedigree but he always looked slow in the highlights. Always seemed to need a lot of space around him that he was never going to get in Scotland.

The difference with McKay’s showreel is that it all ends with end products he has a gamut of flicks and tricks and things but almost all of them end in balls to rangers players, goals or assists. A lot of the showreels cut away after the skill and you know it’s not led to anything productive for the team (Ravel Morrison’s is very notable for that) while McKay’s is consistently productive. And it is varied. There is no 1minute long replays of the same event padding things out. He has done a lot.

That said I agree that the end soured things a lot. Who knows what was going on at the time. I do wonder what would have happened if we’d had Gerrard rather than Caixinha though.

Cooper was a genius and IMO our best ever player. Stupid comparison.

And was fairly renowned for a poor workrate. I still love the guy. From posts on here, lots of folk wouldn’t.

Don’t think Baxter should be in the debate though. His workrate was prodigious when he was in his prime.

What happened to “once a ranger always a ranger” ? No support likes to put the boot into players and former players like us. It pees me off.
I think rejecting contracts and coming away with shite like 'I was treated like no human being should be treated' wore out a lot of goodwill.

I think rejecting contracts and coming away with shite like 'I was treated like no human being should be treated' wore out a lot of goodwill.
Some people have got it in for the wrong ones.
Grezda, ejaria, pena, pedro, who ever sanctioned pedro that cost 10 million, ashley, green, whyte, somers, easdales etc etc - maybe them.
A guy that cost nothing, sold for half a million and was involved with ally, pedro and the hat.

Barries a shite bag, haha, wheres all the big men thats seen the easdales, whyte etc
Typical big ffing talk - no action.
Stop being a rocket.Your wee pal failed down south and will not be playing for Rangers anytime soon or the distant future.

Last edited:
A thread about Barrie Fucking McKay and folk are discussing genuine geniuses like Baxter and Cooper

This place :D

Some people have got it in for the wrong ones.
Grezda, ejaria, pena, pedro, who ever sanctioned pedro that cost 10 million, ashley, green, whyte, somers, easdales etc etc - maybe them.
A guy that cost nothing, sold for half a million and was involved with ally, pedro and the hat.

You are off the scale :D

Back