Barrie McKay

Don’t have any ill feelings towards him. He was definitely poorly treated by Pedro towards the end but also wasn’t good enough for us long term. He’ll float around English lower leagues then come back later in his career with a Kilmarnock or Motherwell

Another Barrie McKay thread to follow on from the one a few days ago.

What is the obsession with past players who were failures for us ? if its not wee Barrie then its the cumdog, absolutely embarrassing !

It just compounds the misery we have all had to put up with the past few years when we have to talk about ex players who done eff all bar score one great goal in a semi final.

Just let it go ffs

Last edited:
He most definitely was good enough. Just never had the heart for it. So many would have killed for the ability he had.
I have to agree with the poster saying not good enough. He looked great in spells playing in the Scottish championship, had one great game against the mhanks. That's it. If it was a dedication issue as some suggest, I'm sure he'd find focus and form when he's slipping down the leagues at a rate of knots. He's coming into what should be the prime years of his career and finds himself in the English third tier. At this rate he'll end up at a raith rovers or the like in a couple of years.

Goal at Hampden against them destroyed his career imo, he was a decent player, to deny he wasn't is shortsighted, that being said he was nowhere near a brilliant player, he had lots of potential, he had a hell of a lot to learn, he was in the best place to become a very very good footballer for us, sadly the wee tadger believed the hype and bought into it, stinking attitude to hard work, heartless, gutless and downright rotten desire for the Jersey, will end up playing part time at Dens Park for Nelms on £95 a week. Silly silly boy regrets it big time.

Was watching the league one play off highlights and saw him strutting his stuff for Fleetwood town, I thought he would make it young Barrie, such a shame
How many more of these? The guy was the Hide and Seek champion who passed the ball back to Wallace's right foot 90% f the time. BTW he strutted them to a defeat!

How many more of these? The guy was the Hide and Seek champion who passed the ball back to Wallace's right foot 90% f the time. BTW he strutted them to a defeat!
I refer to this alot, hover his foot over the ball , shift it and pass it back to Wallace. Guy was decent at championship and popped up for 15 mins in the big games. There is a reason he is playing league 1 football aged 26.

Another Barrie McKay thread to follow on from the one a few days ago.

What is the obsession with past players who were failures for us ? if its not wee Barrie then its the cumdog, absolutely embarrassing !

It just compounds the misery we have all had to put up with the past few years when we have to talk about ex players who done eff all bar score one great goal in a semi final.

Just let it go ffs
I think folk just have f*ck all to talk about until the season starts. Once we’re back they threads will die down.

He most definitely was good enough. Just never had the heart for it. So many would have killed for the ability he had.
Which feeds into why he was not good enough. Plenty of talent has not been backed up with mentality. Which makes him not good enough.

I’ll say from the start I thought Barrie was a great football talent and had me off my seat on numerous occasions,
Getting that out the way it has to be said that great football talent will only take you so far if is not accompanied with desire,effort and work ethic.Im afraid Barrie lacked all three and nobody is more disappointed than me I defended him more than most.

Coulda been a contender, etc. Truth is he shone in the Scottish championship and scored the odd wonder goal thereafter. This does not a top level career make.

Yes with a 30% sell on clause o_O some absolute roasters on here.

Some players don't develop as they should some massively improve when it's unexpected.

I'm sure many of Harry Kane's loan clubs laughed when they thought of the prospect of him playing for Spurs.

You'd be a roaster for writing any professional player off by the age of 25 tbh.

Don't really get the hatred for Barrie on here, he's a wee quiet guy that probably does struggle more than most with the mental aspect of the game.

Compare and contrast that to Halliday that's just left, probably cost us more points than he won but he's from Copland Road so he's sound:D

Like most young players I am afraid. All talent no brains. Needed to work hard on his physique. He will hit 30 and realise he could have done more.

Seems to be a bit of a FF obsession with this guy.
Had a great chance to make it with us but poor attitude and application has seen his career spiral downwards , Scottish Championship beckons.

I thought he was fantastic, loved him. His first touch control out on the byline was something else. Always thought he could go up a few gears but rarely done so. Seems to be a mix of enthusiasm and confidence that holds him back.

Seems to be a bit of a FF obsession with this guy.
Had a great chance to make it with us but poor attitude and application has seen his career spiral downwards , Scottish Championship beckons.

One of these players that was instantly perceived to be better than he was the minute he left.
Undoubted talent but lacking consistency and application. ‘Strutting his stuff for Fleetwood’ kinda says it all.

People on here were seriously claiming he was good enough to play at a top 4 club in the EPL
and so was his manager. Krankjar said he was one of the best players he’d ever seen in training. It is his own fault he hasn’t made it, but it’s not through lack of talent. He’s one of those players who doesn’t seem to love the game. That said, if he turned out for Barcelona you wouldn’t be able to tell he plays at a low level, at least until he got bored.

Last edited:
Back