Barrie McKay

say what you want about mckay and his wasted potential but he always seemed to have lustig on his arse everytime we played them, much like kent in how he performed in OF games

No reason why they shouldn’t count. Hutton was probably one of the very few Scottish born players who did well but as someone mentioned, Fleck has time on his side. Just remembered that Alan McGregor deserves to be included.

Fleck took the long way round but is running riot just now with Sheffield .

I think it’s more Michael Beale who loves wingers than SG so maybe that’s what that type of player / personality need to make them what the could be .
Super talented of that there is just no doubt .

He's still got time to make a decent career for himself he has talent, pace, great technical ability and can hit a ball but needs to make a move to the right club to get him playing at his age

I actually think he did okay with us and gets unfair criticism ,he was nowhere near as bad imo as people make out

Thanks for THAT goal v them wee man .
He was one of our only attacking outballs under Warburton we would have been a much poorer team without him then there is no doubt however we have moved on to far better players now

One of the most overrated players ever. I think that as a support we were so starved of quality players or even half decent youth prospects, any player that made the first team and got reasonable game time was the next world beater. There was a similar furore around Lewis McLeod and even Andy Murdoch to a lesser extent. These guys are decent players that will turn out to be nothing more than journeyman that forge a decent living floating around the bottom of the championship/upper end of league 1. For everyone saying he has bags of talent, even with awful application real talent shines through to a degree. You don't sit in the Swansea reserves if you're a real player.

Good wee player for us, one of the few bright lights for us back in the bad old days and one i actually enjoyed watching.

Wish him all the best and hope he gets his career back on track as he has the talent.

Good luck wee man.

One of the most overrated players ever. I think that as a support we were so starved of quality players or even half decent youth prospects, any player that made the first team and got reasonable game time was the next world beater. There was a similar furore around Lewis McLeod and even Andy Murdoch to a lesser extent. These guys are decent players that will turn out to be nothing more than journeyman that forge a decent living floating around the bottom of the championship/upper end of league 1. For everyone saying he has bags of talent, even with awful application real talent shines through to a degree. You don't sit in the Swansea reserves if you're a real player.

He’s talented though, it’s his attitude and application that absolutely stink. To me Barrie McKay is the worst kind of footballer, a talented one who is a gutless little shite and wastes that talent that thousands of others would kill to have.

I saw ball control, first touch and dribbling ability from him that few in Scotland have, he’s just wasting it though. Anyway, after his remarks on exiting Ibrox he can go and take a feck to himself!

A bit of a derail but when I was reading up on some of the Swansea fans comments I came accross a thread about McKay and McBurnie apparently not doing the huddle. Turns out another fella, George Byers isn't doing it either.

a009311e34c78ce908c9e328afd97c55.png

:D

Turns out Byers is an 'English born Scot'. I'll assume he's a Gers man. (edit - quick google search confirms he is staunch)
His mum and dad are from my town , he takes great pride in his Scottish heritage

At least he’s no longer a poor prisoner. The gutless wee turd. Called it at the time, all the talent in the world and no heart or hunger to maximise it.

Definitely spineless but I’ve never been convinced he actually had ‘all the talent in the world.’ I think the shit show of the banter years starved us of quality to the point where we vastly over estimated his ability.

He’s talented though, it’s his attitude and application that absolutely stink. To me Barrie McKay is the worst kind of footballer, a talented one who is a gutless little shite and wastes that talent that thousands of others would kill to have.

I saw ball control, first touch and dribbling ability from him that few in Scotland have, he’s just wasting it though. Anyway, after his remarks on exiting Ibrox he can go and take a feck to himself!
i always remember his comments were regarding Powerpoint Pedro

headline would suggest it was at Rangers (yep you guessed it, BBC) Rangers' treatment forced me to leave for Nottingham Forest

actual comments:

"There was a change of manager and his opinion was different," said McKay.

"I wasn't being treated the way any human being should be treated, but that's football and I had to move on."

"Not really at the time, with the way things went with the manager and the way I was being treated and stuff.

drastic yes, but aimed at the Pedro the fraud. perhaps i am being kind, but the Pedro era was a fecking shambles. i'd have kept McKay over Pena the alky

would have loved to have seen him play under Gerrard

i always remember his comments were regarding Powerpoint Pedro

headline would suggest it was at Rangers (yep you guessed it, BBC) Rangers' treatment forced me to leave for Nottingham Forest

actual comments:

"There was a change of manager and his opinion was different," said McKay.

"I wasn't being treated the way any human being should be treated, but that's football and I had to move on."

"Not really at the time, with the way things went with the manager and the way I was being treated and stuff.

drastic yes, but aimed at the Pedro the fraud. perhaps i am being kind, but the Pedro era was a fecking shambles. i'd have kept McKay over Pena the alky

would have loved to have seen him play under Gerrard

Graeme Murty hooked him at half time at the piggery, he was seen as not being fit to go back out for the second half in that pitiful Rangers side. Says it all about the spineless knob, as does his current position as Swansea bench warmer.

Pedro might have been a shite manager here, but I doubt he didn’t take to McKay for no good reason, I’d assume it was because he was gutless, something that was very evident just from watching him in many games. Either way his comment about not being treated the way any human should was beyond pathetic. I wonder if he’s ready to look at himself now and ask why he’s a benchwarmer for a championship outfit. He’s hardly able to point the finger at Pedro or Murty or anyone and say “hah look at me now”.

Graeme Murty hooked him at half time at the piggery, he was seen as not being fit to go back out for the second half in that pitiful Rangers side. Says it all about the spineless knob, as does his current position as Swansea bench warmer.

Pedro might have been a shite manager here, but I doubt he didn’t take to McKay for no good reason, I’d assume it was because he was gutless, something that was very evident just from watching him in many games. Either way his comment about not being treated the way any human should was beyond pathetic. I wonder if he’s ready to look at himself now and ask why he’s a benchwarmer for a championship outfit. He’s hardly able to point the finger at Pedro or Murty or anyone and say “hah look at me now”.
Gutless and heart of a mouse are such toxic labels that are thrown around on the regular by our support, look at what was being said about Barisic this time last year vs now.

McKay's best games for Rangers were the big ones, he certainly wasn't scared of Celtic.

Until we finally manage to sign another winger that's even close to Kent's level, I'd take McKay back in a heartbeat. He is unbelievably talented and could thrive under the right management

Poor Barrie, being treated inhumanely again.:rolleyes:

Come January he'll be hanging about QPR's car park Peter Odemwingie style.

There's one game v Partick Thistle in April 2017 where I'm convinced Pedro made his mind up on him and planned to get shot of him. For 45 minutes he actively hid and never tried a leg the entire half. It was embarrassing watching it.

He got hooked at HT.

Gutless and heart of a mouse are such toxic labels that are thrown around on the regular by our support, look at what was being said about Barisic this time last year vs now.

McKay's best games for Rangers were the big ones, he certainly wasn't scared of Celtic.

Until we finally manage to sign another winger that's even close to Kent's level, I'd take McKay back in a heartbeat. He is unbelievably talented and could thrive under the right management
Here here mate.

Absolute throbbers critiquing a young man of 21 living his dream and playing for Rangers. He had some magnificent games for us, scored some really important goals and you can just picture some fat slob hiding behind an anonymous username, who's never kicked a ball in their puff, slamming a young man who does have bags of talent and would flourish in this current Rangers team.

As you say, see Barisic for reference of "a gutless shitebag" and I'll bet most of the same guys were saying that about Barrie not that long ago.

The season of Waghorn/Garner, the amount of assists McKay would have had if either of the forwards were of the quality we have now would be frightening.

I hope McKay can get his career on track, my opinion was always that he lacks self confidence and if he can sort that out, he'll have a stellar career.

I dont think McKay is a shit bag, or has the heart of a mouse, I just think he genuinely doesn't enjoy playing football. It looks like a job to him and nothing else. Hard to imagine for someone like me who has the deft touch of a trampoline on each foot and would have loved to have played at any level, but there it is, he goes to work, does the bare minimum and gets paid handsomely for it.

GVB, Arteta, Tugay, Gattuso, Charlie Adam
Could argue Steve Davis & john Fleck too.
You're right though, most don't.
I think Van Bronkhurst did!
Gio , Arteta, Gattuso.... Jelavic and Hutton went to the prem but didn’t win anything so don’t know if that counts
Gattuso & Van Bronckhorst to be fair
Gattuso did fairly well.;)
Fu.ck sake lads, I think he tapped out :D

I dont think McKay is a shit bag, or has the heart of a mouse, I just think he genuinely doesn't enjoy playing football. It looks like a job to him and nothing else. Hard to imagine for someone like me who has the deft touch of a trampoline on each foot and would have loved to have played at any level, but there it is, he goes to work, does the bare minimum and gets paid handsomely for it.

His career history and how he made to be a player doesn't validate that idea at all.

Will end up at a Hibs/Hearts/Killie where a good performance one in three games is OK. Shame, as he had a superb first touch and I enjoyed watching him at the start of the Warburton era.

been interesting to have seen what he would have been like under Stevie G,maybe not physically strong enough as well as mentally tough,but maybe he could have changed him
It is interesting to wonder how he'd fair under Stevie if that wouldn't inspire him nothing will,look at Borna the difference in that guy,so who's to say the gaffer wouldn't get the best out of him. I thought he was off to QPR at one point.

He is a talented player but that's three clubs now where the same thing happens. He starts well starts then after a few games he starts to make less effort then he gets dropped.
If he doesn't sort himself out soon he is going to run out of clubs willing to take a chance on him.

11v11, you’re first pick and down to the last 2 - Windass and McKay, who you choosing?

both players get battered with that “heart of a mouse” patter on here :D

Every word true.
However, I wouldn’t have him back.
He’d need to be showing at least some of the talent he’s got before I’d take that chance.

Talent only goes so far.

He had some, but the same thing has happened at every club. Missing far too often, not enough effort off the ball and simply not as good as some like to believe.

Was heading for EPL stardom within one year shouted his fanboys on here.2 clubs later and going nowhere.Only thing he can say is,that his wallet is fatter.

Last edited:
He won't make the most of what talent he had. Clearly a bit of an attitude issue.

Why the greeting about him leaving? Pedro chased him and wanted him out. And got Dalcio to replace him...

Then you’re unbelievably gullible and thank feck you’re nowhere near Rangers transfer dealings! We’re 2 and a half years further on and hes picking splinters out his arse on the Swansea bench, it might be time to call a spade a spade mate.

No amount of coaching will sort out a player who can’t be arsed, also worth noting his worst games were in big matches too. 2 good games against the filth wont cut it, and above all, for the lack of respect he showed the club he doesn’t deserve to get back here.

Here here mate.

Absolute throbbers critiquing a young man of 21 living his dream and playing for Rangers. He had some magnificent games for us, scored some really important goals and you can just picture some fat slob hiding behind an anonymous username, who's never kicked a ball in their puff, slamming a young man who does have bags of talent and would flourish in this current Rangers team.

As you say, see Barisic for reference of "a gutless shitebag" and I'll bet most of the same guys were saying that about Barrie not that long ago.

The season of Waghorn/Garner, the amount of assists McKay would have had if either of the forwards were of the quality we have now would be frightening.

I hope McKay can get his career on track, my opinion was always that he lacks self confidence and if he can sort that out, he'll have a stellar career.

Why would you even bring up Barisic? He quickly turned it around, that wee shitebags warming the Swansea bench and absolutely nowhere near one of the most embarrassing national sides Scotland has ever seen? Barisic was never lazy and never lacked the desire, its absolutely insulting to Barisic to compare him to Barrie McKay.

21 too, he wasn’t 12 years old was he? I suppose some players just get their arse locked regardless of what they do.

Nah I will stick my original statement - one done OK by Rangers (McKay) the other created nothing but a huge muckle trail of dug shit through Rangers house

Pedro did attempt to scapegoat and bury McKay for his own end, it was tragic behavior and most saw through it for the pish it was.
I agree with what you’ve posted here.
My comment, my negative, surrounding McKay is not his talent, it’s more that he didn’t do enough to fight back against Caixinha.
If he’d put the effort in when he had the opportunity, there’d be less fans against him, less of the “gutless, heart of a mouse” nonsense.

Mothers a RC then, nothing worse than a mixed marriage where nobody knows what they are.
Best sticking with your ain kind.
Happens in reverse as well.
A friends niece marries one from the dark side.
Two daughters, eldest has just started school, loves Penny arcade and doesn’t like septic.
Mummy is pregnant again and daughter gets asked if she’d like a wee brother or sister.
“A sister” she replies.
“If it’s a boy, he’ll (the dad) take him to see Celtic and I don't like Celtic”.
All this and I haven’t even started to exert any influence.

Back