Barrie McKay

Well you're overlooking anyone who marries a Catholic outside of a chapel and doesn't send their children to an RC school. I don't know how much merit there is to engaging you but that's the first thing in this argument that you might want to think about if you want to sound like a less obnoxious human being.
Everybody to their own, your getting paranoid.
Anyway, the way i seen It when younger was, theres 10s of thousands of girls in Scotland.
Why would i need to end up with a RC.
Thats the problem nowadays, most dont know what they are.

There is a myth that Mackay hasn't achieved his potential and that it's down to attitude. This is lazy and absolutely wide of the mark. Technically he is way off the top level players. Decision making, finishing, positional sense, final ball, strength and passing are nowhere near good enough. Chris Burke was and remains a more talented player.
Thank God it's not just me that sees it. He popped up with the odd wonder goal for us but other than that you could forget he was on the pitch half the time. Lacking in just about every department to make it at the top level, those saying that he has talent in abundance need to get the blue tint removed from their specs. He is and always will be an upper league 1/lower level championship level player. Tin hat on but Windass had more end product and contributed more.

IMO McKay’s strengths were his touch - he had great control & a lovely clean strike of the ball & although he could go past players he didn’t do it often enough. Am not sure he ever broke sweat once playing for us - he always seemed to be playing within himself.

Maybe he’s just one of those players with a languid sort of style, but I must admit I was glad when he left.

Back