Barrie McKays Agent Says Forrest Would Have Payed Double The Price For Him

What is the speculation, where is the evidence that contradicts this fact?

Only a stupid person would be unable to discern the truth that Mackay had already decided that his own future lay away from Ibrox and that he had most probably agreed to follow Warburton if and when the opportunity arose.
Regardless of the player's own body language on and off the park, it would be a fool who made a case that in Mackay we had a player committed to a life at Ibrox and who sought in any way whatsoever to make that happen.

I don't think there has been many harder facts than that Mackay had little or no interest in chasing down a career at Ibrox.
I am surprised, that this is indeed a surprise to you!!!

Body language, is it :D

If Walter Smith took charge instead of Caixinha, I'd imagine Mckay would still be a Rangers player right now. He was always a bit of a strange kid who just needed a bit of love - the Portugese took the opposite approach

Nobody knows how many teams were in for him. Just because there wasn't tons of newspaper reports with teams reportedly interested in him, doesn't mean there actually wasn't. People need to make up their mind on here, one minute they don't trust anything the media says then the next minute because somethings not in the media it must be true :D

Baz would have wanted to work with Warburton again. Why wouldn't he? He was heading for football oblivion before Warburton rescued his career, he literally owes him everything.

I met two Forest fans on holiday a few weeks ago and they can't believe how good he is. He's adored by their fans, a lot of them think he's the best player outside the EPL.

I seen an article today with Jason Cummings saying he's easily one of the best players he's ever played with. Clint Hill was raving about him on twitter during the week as well, and I met a few players on a night out last season who all said he was the best player at the club by far and the one player we had with the potential to go right to the top.

Anybody who can't see how good a footballer McKay is simply doesn't have a clue about football. He's technically the best player we've seen at our club in a long time.

Body language, is it :D

If Walter Smith took charge instead of Caixinha, I'd imagine Mckay would still be a Rangers player right now. He was always a bit of a strange kid who just needed a bit of love - the Portugese took the opposite approach

Often one can overlook body language in some trades, indeed they would be difficult to even measure in many other occupations.
But a footballer displays body language as if he were on a stage, well of course he is on a bluddy stage.
Body language is one of the first things we supporters look for and notice, and thus is usually one of the first indications we get regarding a players enjoyment of his position at a club and indeed his commitment.

To reduce it as somehow insignificant as you do is rather surprising.
I must say you are full of surprises this evening.

As for wild assumption regarding what Mackay would or wouldn't do under Walter, I suspect that no matter who had taken over the Ibrox hotseat,.......... Mackay's mind was already well and truly out of the door.
All that was wanting, ...........was his useless arse following it.

Pedro Caixinha's own managerial behaviour was actually rather superfluous to that already decided outcome.

Often one can overlook body language in some trades, indeed they would be difficult to even measure in many other occupations.
But a footballer displays body language as if he were on a stage, well of course he is on a bluddy stage.
Body language is one of the first things we supporters look for and notice, and thus is usually one of the first indications we get regarding a players enjoyment of his position at a club and indeed his commitment.

To reduce it as somehow insignificant as you do is rather surprising.
I must say you are full of surprises this evening.

As for wild assumption regarding what Mackay would or wouldn't do under Walter, I suspect that no matter who had taken over the Ibrox hotseat,.......... Mackay's mind was already well and truly out of the door.
All that was wanting, ...........was his useless arse following it.

Pedro Caixinha's own managerial behaviour was actually rather superfluous to that already decided outcome.

Disagree with that entirely

Nobody knows how many teams were in for him. Just because there wasn't tons of newspaper reports with teams reportedly interested in him, doesn't mean there actually wasn't. People need to make up their mind on here, one minute they don't trust anything the media says then the next minute because somethings not in the media it must be true :D

Baz would have wanted to work with Warburton again. Why wouldn't he? He was heading for football oblivion before Warburton rescued his career, he literally owes him everything.

I met two Forest fans on holiday a few weeks ago and they can't believe how good he is. He's adored by their fans, a lot of them think he's the best player outside the EPL.

I seen an article today with Jason Cummings saying he's easily one of the best players he's ever played with. Clint Hill was raving about him on twitter during the week as well, and I met a few players on a night out last season who all said he was the best player at the club by far and the one player we had with the potential to go right to the top.

Anybody who can't see how good a footballer McKay is simply doesn't have a clue about football. He's technically the best player we've seen at our club in a long time.

I spent many evenings on this forum defending Mackay from the weekly savagings he undertook after matches.
He had a load of football ability, and as you say, only a blind man would fail to see it.

However, shining for Nottingham Forest in front of twenty odd thousand supporters, and a travelling support that doesn't sell out at every venue, isn't quite the same as playing for Rangers where the demands are hugely more intense.
You know this!

Further, being given a first team position at Rangers when your head is already out of the door, is for a young player still short of his mature potential, something that would be probably impossible and indeed a matter that couldn't be seriously countenanced by any Rangers manager.

Last edited:
Disagree with that entirely

'Okay, body language in a player doesn't matter, and indeed is beyond relevance to the support.

Mackay was ready to commit to Rangers if only someone would have pecked his cheek.

And any manager worth his salt could have won his loyalty over, and the budget at Ibrox could easily have satisfied his demands.

Rangers lost a player whose particular contributions were already worthy of much more money and who was a stalwart in last seasons fantastic performances.'

I suppose that is an opinion....I don't share it.
But you are entitled to it nonetheless.

'Okay, body language in a player doesn't matter, and indeed is beyond relevance to the support.

Mackay was ready to commit to Rangers if only someone would have pecked his cheek.

And any manager worth his salt could have won his loyalty over, and the budget at Ibrox could easily have satisfied his demands.

Rangers lost a player whose particular contributions were already worthy of much more money and who was a stalwart in last seasons fantastic performances.'

I suppose that is an opinion....I don't share it.
But you are entitled to it nonetheless.

Not the body language part pal - although I do find it kinda stupid some punter judging a player on something so open to interpretation - but the final bit about him leaving regardless of who was coming in

Not the body language part pal - although I do find it kinda stupid some punter judging a player on something so open to interpretation - but the final bit about him leaving regardless of who was coming in

So the fact that he had already failed to sign a new contract with Rangers (a factual matter that is controlled by our budget rather than the fault of the incoming or even sitting manager), when the truth was that Barrie was just waiting to see if the new man would hug him enough to convince him that Rangers were the club for him, is actually what was happening in that period.
Oh....and Pedro Caixinha was a useless Portuguese cvunt for not seeing the situation for what it was?

At the same time, the Rangers support interpreting Mackay's onfield body language as being less than committed to the cause, were just stupid punters misreading a matter that is totally open to interpretation?

Okay, again, I don't agree with your opinion here.
But I suppose it is your right to hold it.

I think McKay is a brilliant player and some of the abuse he took on here and from the stands the previous two seasons were both out of order and puzzling in equal measure. Getting criticised for not winning tackles / headers etc? I know a Forest season ticket holder who says he can’t believe how good a player he is and it was clear from the first time he saw him. Pedro’s treatment of him was an example of his terrible man management.

All that considered let’s not forget McKay never really showed he wanted to stay at our club. He signed a short extension beneficial to him and then towards the end accepted his situation like someone who wasn’t exactly desperate to stay.

So the fact that he had already failed to sign a new contract with Rangers (a factual matter that is controlled by our budget rather than the fault of the incoming or even sitting manager), when the truth was that Barrie was just waiting to see if the new man would hug him enough to convince him that Rangers were the club for him, is actually what was happening in that period.
Oh....and Pedro Caixinha was a useless Portuguese cvunt for not seeing the situation for what it was?

At the same time, the Rangers support interpreting Mackay's onfield body language as being less than committed to the cause, were just stupid punters misreading a matter that is totally open to interpretation?

Okay, again, I don't agree with your opinion here.
But I suppose it is your right to hold it.

Yes IMO

Baz's confidence was shot by the time Caixinha came in. The lad was tasked with creating for a team that couldn't score goals: our strikers were putrid. He was in a midfield with no protection - Halliday and Tav were being used there. It's understandable if his head went down

I've said it a thousand times before, but transplant him into a proper set up under a manager like Rogers last year and you'd have had the best player in the league. He would be absolutely devastating in a system like that

I think McKay is a brilliant player and some of the abuse he took on here and from the stands the previous two seasons were both out of order and puzzling in equal measure. Getting criticised for not winning tackles / headers etc? I know a Forest season ticket holder who says he can’t believe how good a player he is and it was clear from the first time he saw him. Pedro’s treatment of him was an example of his terrible man management.

All that considered let’s not forget McKay never really showed he wanted to stay at our club. He signed a short extension beneficial to him and then towards the end accepted his situation like someone who wasn’t exactly desperate to stay.

https://twitter.com/search?vertical=default&q=mckay bargain&src=typd

Forrest fans are pissing themselves at us. And no wonder

Yes IMO

Baz's confidence was shot by the time Caixinha came in. The lad was tasked with creating for a team that couldn't score goals: our strikers were putrid. He was in a midfield with no protection - Halliday and Tav were being used there. It's understandable if his head went down

I've said it a thousand times before, but transplant him into a proper set up under a manager like Rogers last year and you'd have had the best player in the league. He would be absolutely devastating in a system like that

So his head went down and his confidence collapsed under Mark Warburton's management and the useless players that Warburton had put alongside poor wee Barrie, and forced him to play beside.

However, the solution to Barrie's many problems were to be found in leaving Rangers and following Warburton south to Nottingham!!!

Now it is me that is surprised.:rolleyes:

So his head went down and his confidence collapsed under Mark Warburton's management and the useless players that Warburton had put alongside poor wee Barrie, and forced him to play beside.

However, the solution to Barrie's many problems were to be found in leaving Rangers and following Warburton south to Nottingham!!!

Now it is me that is surprised.:rolleyes:

Why's that so unbelievable?

If they are then they are immature or thick.
I can imagine that many of them straddle both qualifications with ease regarding the dynamics of Scottish football.

Are Rangers supporters pissing themselves at Helsinki over the signing of Morelos?

Don't take everything so literally

So you can't? It wasn't working for Warburton at Rangers for numerous reasons, but a lot of the players still like and speak pretty highly of him

I am not using this thread to have a go at Warburton, there are numerous other threads if one wishes to do that.
However to suggest that Mackay's problems were caused by having to play for Warburton's Rangers team, and that Barrie had no other recourse than to find a solution by escaping south to Warburton's new and unknown Forest team, is beyond logic.

You started off by accusing me of being loose with facts.
Now you yourself have destroyed logic.

How far down this rabbit hole are we prepared to go?

Why not accept that Barrie Mackay didn't want to play for Rangers, and that any potential he had, wasn't being fulfilled at a club where his heart and commitment didn't lie.
I can easily accept that with no real hard feelings.
He is gone and the parting carries no real sorrow because we understand that is life.

I am not using this thread to have a go at Warburton, there are numerous other threads if one wishes to do that.
However to suggest that Mackay's problems were caused by having to play for Warburton's Rangers team, and that Barrie had no other recourse than to find a solution by escaping south to Warburton's new and unknown Forest team, is beyond logic.

You started off by accusing me of being loose with facts.
Now you yourself have destroyed logic.

How far down this rabbit hole are we prepared to go?

Why not accept that Barrie Mackay didn't want to play for Rangers, and that any potential he had, wasn't being fulfilled at a club where his heart and commitment didn't lie.
I can easily accept that with no real hard feelings.
He is gone and the parting carries no real sorrow because we understand that is life.

It's really not a stretch. Warburton had the right idea but just went about it the wrong way. McKay clearly thought this approach could still work at Forrest, however, which it kinda is given their position in the table

It's really not a stretch. Warburton had the right idea but just went about it the wrong way. McKay clearly thought this approach could still work at Forrest, however, which it kinda is given their position in the table

I am sorry your post doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny.

Isn't the most likely scenario, that Mackay couldn't handle the unique pressure of carrying a Rangers shirt each week, the job was too much for him mentally, and that he convinced himself that the fault didn't lie with him and his own frail mentality but instead was the fault of the other players he was playing alongside, and that he thus downed tools whilst seeking a way out through a move, and that Warburton offered him this solution and probably had done so before he left the club or just after doing so.

Not so much a pair of cvunts, but just the sort of self serving individuals that proliferate in today's game, and men that are not worthy of shedding a single tear over?

I am sorry your post doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny.

Isn't the most likely scenario, that Mackay couldn't handle the unique pressure of carrying a Rangers shirt each week, the job was too much for him mentally, and that he convinced himself that the fault didn't lie with him and his own frail mentality but instead was the fault of the other players he was playing alongside, and that he thus downed tools whilst seeking a way out through a move, and that Warburton offered him this solution and probably had done so before he left the club or just after doing so.

Not so much a pair of cvunts, but just the sort of self serving individuals that proliferate in today's game, and men that are not worthy of shedding a single tear over?

I don't think it's as binary as that fella, but looks like we'll need to agree to disagree

Mckay should have been playing in Europe before being sold towards the end of the window.

The manager putting him in the 20s and basically calling MOH shite has cost the club money.

A stronger board should have had a word with the dud.

I don't think it's as binary as that fella, but looks like we'll need to agree to disagree
Indeed.
I suggest we keep our enthusiasm and affection for players that want to play for Rangers.
The rest get my interest on occasion and good wishes rather than negative ill feeling, but that is that.

Alfredo Morelos and his smile is what this season is all about and Barrie Mackay's recalcitrant past demeanour will forever be mere footnote in our history.

Mckay should have been playing in Europe before being sold towards the end of the window.

The manager putting him in the 20s and basically calling MOH shite has cost the club money.

A stronger board should have had a word with the dud.

The players must have been thinking "what planet is this guy on"

Absolutely fine to banish players if you're established and have some kind of reputation. Caixinha was just a bull in a China shop

The players must have been thinking "what planet is this guy on"

Absolutely fine to banish players if you're established and have some kind of reputation. Caixinha was just a bull in a China shop
He played Dodoo ahead of McKay for a game against the filth.

The players thought what most of us were thinking.

McKay blew hot and cold but when he was hot we was hot. Great skill and football ability with the ability to turn a game on its head. I would liked to have seen him stay.

He played Dodoo ahead of McKay for a game against the filth.

The players thought what most of us were thinking.

This is nuts.
Mackay had downed tools long before Caixinha arrived.
Rangers were playing shyte and losing or drawing games that everyone was of the opinion we should have been winning.
None of this had anything to do with Pedro Caixinha.

This thread is about Mackay and the money we got for him.
The fee had nothing to do with a new manager and everything to do with a player who had effectively called his own time on his career at Rangers.

Mackay probably with his agent in his ear, decided that he was too good for Rangers and that he would do better financially elsewhere, and he did everything possible to get that move.
Rangers are well rid.

Rewriting history serves no purpose.

So you think loads of clubs were in for him but all but one baulked at paying 500k ?
Or that we decided not to ask for more and do a favour for a manager who had left probably not with our best wishes and who was either involved in or at least threatened a lawsuit against the club?
Seems unlikely to me
As I said the most like.y scenario is this was the only offer so the question is why?

This is nuts.
Mackay had downed tools long before Caixinha arrived.
Rangers were playing shyte and losing or drawing games that everyone was of the opinion we should have been winning.
None of this had anything to do with Pedro Caixinha.

This thread is about Mackay and the money we got for him.
The fee had nothing to do with a new manager and everything to do with a player who had effectively called his own time on his career at Rangers.

Mackay probably with his agent in his ear, decided that he was too good for Rangers and that he would do better financially elsewhere, and he did everything possible to get that move.
Rangers are well rid.

Rewriting history serves no purpose.[/QUOTE

Mckay came on, scored and changed the game at Partick and scored the winner against Hearts.

Pedro didn't rate him or Hyndman

Genuine question here, I've not read the whole thread and i don't watch Scotland matches anymore, was he in the latest Scotland squad?

Even if he had rated him.
Pedro didn't hold sway over the wages Rangers were prepared to meet with the player, and more importantly probably couldn't change a players mind when it was already out of the Ibrox doors.

This isn't a Pedro matter, this is nothing to do with him.
This is a player who didn't want to be at Ibrox, who ran his contract down, and then finally shat on the club and our support by running his commitment on matchday down.
The end result, as so often is the case in football, is that he was sold for a fee less than many thought he was worth.

I suggest we all get used to that because that is how it is in the game today.
However, in this often we can be winners as well as losers.

The one thing we should however never 'lose' any sleep over, is a player like Barrie Mackay.
Here today, gone tomorrow, and just as quickly forgotten.

The charge of the Pedro apologists continues.....it is reeking out of them.

Anybody think if we played McKay versus Proges we would have stayed in Europe. I have my hand up. We could have sold him after that.

Rewriting history serves no purpose.

If FF was around in '45 Hilter would have won the war.

Amazing what a goal against the tarries can do for a player.

If anyone is having a goal at wasting talent it should be laid firmly at Barry's door. More skill in his wee toe than 90% of the SPL but the heart of a mouse.

Even if he had rated him.
Pedro didn't hold sway over the wages Rangers were prepared to meet with the player, and more importantly probably couldn't change a players mind when it was already out of the Ibrox doors.

This isn't a Pedro matter, this is nothing to do with him.
This is a player who didn't want to be at Ibrox, who ran his contract down, and then finally shat on the club and our support by running his commitment on matchday down.
The end result, as so often is the case in football, is that he was sold for a fee less than many thought he was worth.

I suggest we all get used to that because that is how it is in the game today.
However, in this often we can be winners as well as losers.

The one thing we should however never 'lose' any sleep over, is a player like Barrie Mackay.
Here today, gone tomorrow, and just as quickly forgotten.

All that navel gazing isn't without irony when you consider the fact it cost more to get rid of Pedro-a guy whom you would have down as largely unlucky, misunderstood or cheated or some other nonsense.

Talk about double standards.

If anyone is having a goal at wasting talent it should be laid firmly at Barry's door. More skill in his wee toe than 90% of the SPL but the heart of a mouse.

Heart of a mouse means nothing.

Cooper would have got the same tage as would have Tommy McLean.....Barrie McKay is doing pretty well in a decent league-you don't do that with the heart of a mouse.

He wasn't a great I get that, performances were poor at times but he also played in a very challenging time for the club. And well if all he contributed was a goal in what could be considered the greatest OF victory in history-well that's something.

The charge of the Pedro apologists continues.....it is reeking out of them.

Anybody think if we played McKay versus Proges we would have stayed in Europe. I have my hand up. We could have sold him after that.

You really are nuts as well.
Who should apologise for Pedro Caixinha on here?

The man was a left field appointment and few if any of us had heard of him.

Most of the Rangers support did what decent supporters do, we gave the man our backing.
We wanted him to succeed.
We also tolerated his failures with stoic optimism.
We wanted to allow him time.

Anyone who didn't do any of the above, anyone with a different agenda, anyone who revels in the disappointment that resulted from the optimistic goodwill offered to the man......is a rare bird indeed.

That anyone would dare wallow in a 'serves you all damn right' attitude to ordinary supporters who had no choice in this experiment other than to do the decent thing that all supporters do, would be as a person, demented perverted, and malicious in the extreme.

I am however thankful that there are no such people on this forum.

All that navel gazing isn't without irony when you consider the fact it cost more to get rid of Pedro-a guy whom you would have down as largely unlucky, misunderstood or cheated or some other nonsense.

Talk about double standards.

You are a strange fellow.
That you so often choose to troll me in your eh...strangeness is I suppose not surprising.
You did it on the last forum. :D

But welcome back to your eh...strangeness, for a while there, I thought perhaps that the tablets must have been working.

You are rewriting history yourself there

Immense in the Cup Semi final with a wonder strike to cap it off

Was dangerous in the 5-1 defeat, flashing a shot wide of the post after the second half - the only player apart from Windass that looked like doing damage that day

Tore Lustig a new one in the New Year game

Basically he was our only player who they were afraid of. Yes, he had a poor game in the 1-1 draw

But rewriting history would be suggesting all he did against them was score a goal

You really are nuts as well.
Who should apologise for Pedro Caixinha on here?

The man was a left field appointment and few if any of us had heard of him.

Most of the Rangers support did what decent supporters do, we gave the man our backing.
We wanted him to succeed.
We also tolerated his failures with stoic optimism.
We wanted to allow him time.

Anyone who didn't do any of the above, anyone with a different agenda, anyone who revels in the disappointment that resulted from the optimistic goodwill offered to the man......is a rare bird indeed.

That anyone would dare wallow in a 'serves you all damn right' attitude to ordinary supporters who had no choice in this experiment other than to do the decent thing that all supporters do, would be as a person, demented perverted, and malicious in the extreme.

I am however thankful that there are no such people on this forum.

You've been playing that card for weeks-me wallowing in Pedro's departure saying I told you so.
Total bullshit.
I've hardly posted.

But you constantly waffle on ignoring the obvious-the guy was a disaster and you are rewriting history.

Oh and bye the way I was at the games cheering Pedro's team on whilst you sat on your arse posting on here.

You are a strange fellow.
That you so often choose to troll me in your eh...strangeness is I suppose not surprising.
You did it on the last forum. :D

But welcome back to your eh...strangeness, for a while there, I thought perhaps that the tablets must have been working.

Everything you post these days is quite clearly based on the notion poor Pedro was just a victim of circumstance and if things were different it would have all been a lot nicer.

The guy has taken a small fortune out of the club and is easily amongst the most unsuitable managers ever to sit in the manager's chair.

You are rewriting history yourself there

Immense in the Cup Semi final with a wonder strike to cap it off

Was dangerous in the 5-1 defeat, flashing a shot wide of the post after the second half - the only player apart from Windass that looked like doing damage that day

Tore Lustig a new one in the New Year game

Basically he was our only player who they were afraid of. Yes, he had a poor game in the 1-1 draw

But rewriting history would be suggesting all he did against them was score a goal

All the Tims I know were pissing themselves when we sold him for buttons. He was the only player we had that they feared in any way.

So you think loads of clubs were in for him but all but one baulked at paying 500k ?
Or that we decided not to ask for more and do a favour for a manager who had left probably not with our best wishes and who was either involved in or at least threatened a lawsuit against the club?
Seems unlikely to me
As I said the most like.y scenario is this was the only offer so the question is why?

Last January on Sky Sports News there were reports that EPL Clubs were interested in him. Round about the same time he was absolutely immense in the Old Firm Hogmanny game at Ibrox and Leipzig away.

Back