Barry Douglas (Suggestion)

MSF

Could we go for him this summer?

I’d personally give Barisic time, but also don’t want to end up having to play a makeshift LB (Halliday) again next season if it comes to it.

Douglas has fell right out the picture at Leeds, really dropped off and Alioski is their left back now.

He is similar to Barisic in that he posesses a wand of a left foot. Takes all set pieces and ended up with 14 assists last season. Add to that he is 29 now & its could be his final chance to sign for his boyhood club.

I think we could get a cut price deal for him, especially if Leeds get promoted.

Borna is a class player.

Has played what, 15 games? Maybe less.

We have a Croatian international left back and need to work on helping adapt to this league. He could be a huge asset to us.

Halliday is a utility player who is average in about 4 positions, so maybe a decent LB for cover is needed. But Borna is our left back.

Not quite cut it at Leeds which is odd because he was a mainstay of the wolves team that won the championship last year. Was surprised they let him go tbh.

If (and it's a big if) we could get him, I'd go for it

How is he not good enough for Leeds? He's played 26 games this season and created some goals.

He is just back from injury and came on the last match.

Borna is a class player.

Has played what, 15 games? Maybe less.

We have a Croatian international left back and need to work on helping adapt to this league. He could be a huge asset to us.

Halliday is a utility player who is average in about 4 positions, so maybe a decent LB for cover is needed. But Borna is our left back.
Class?%^*& knows what you have been watching mate to suggest he is a class player.one of the softest,shite scared defenders iv ever seen.id take Douglas over him every day of the week

If he's available and we can afford him he would improve our team / squad. If he isn't / we can't then we still have players for that position just now. LB concerns me, but I think there are bigger issues in the starting XI.

I like Douglas as a player but he has struggled to get going again since he got injured just after New Year. Alioski isn't a natural left back and his keeping him out the side although that's mainly down to his energy levels and being more suited to Bielsa's style.

I still think there's a bright future for Douglas either at Leeds or elsewhere.

Eta- if he became available then we should be going for him imo.

He isn’t though.

Leeds signed him for £3m, he isn’t getting any younger and isn’t their first choice anymore.
I still don't think we could afford him mate.

I'd say any fee would start at around the £6m/£7m mark - at least. We're not in that market or anywhere near it unfortunately.

I still don't think we could afford him mate.

I'd say any fee would start at around the £6m/£7m mark - at least. We're not in that market or anywhere near it unfortunately.
No chance.

They bought him for £3m & he now can’t get a start. £1.5-2m would get him.

Would take him on loan initially.

Regardless of any logic, some players just seem to struggle here.

Correct, not good enough for leeds so therefore not good enough for us.

That’s nonsense. Guys had an injury but still played a good amount of games. He’s clearly good enough, sometimes lose your place through injury and the person coming in making the position their own.

Could we go for him this summer?

I’d personally give Barisic time, but also don’t want to end up having to play a makeshift LB (Halliday) again next season if it comes to it.

Douglas has fell right out the picture at Leeds, really dropped off and Alioski is their left back now.

He is similar to Barisic in that he posesses a wand of a left foot. Takes all set pieces and ended up with 14 assists last season. Add to that he is 29 now & its could be his final chance to sign for his boyhood club.

I think we could get a cut price deal for him, especially if Leeds get promoted.

Sorry but those righting off Borna already need to calm down. He has had an injury plagued season and this surely has had an affect on his performances. To actually want to replace a Croatian internationalist, a nation who finished as World Cup runners-up less than 9 months ago, is crazy. IMHO a good pre-season and we will have a star on our hands (as well as a player who will eventually turn a massive profit for the club).

Constant chat about this left back position at the moment.

I’m much more concerned about the midfield and wide areas.

“Not good enough for Leeds so not good enough for us” tragic analysis!

Really good player, right now would do a better job than Barisic, hopefully Barisic kicks on though. Douglas would not come to be back up and he’d be too expensive to have him as that anyway, but we really do need better 2nd choice than Halliday, he’s not very good.

Back