Barry Douglas (Suggestion)

I have high hopes for Borna to kick on when he returns from international duty but Douglas is a player we should have signed years ago. Now, undecided.

A guy no longer getting a game for Leeds and not deemed good enough for Scotland

vs

A Croatian internationalist who has been with us less than a season.

Of course the majority of FF goes with the former, because it's FF.

If you said to me: "we are about to sign the guy who starts at left-back for Croatia. He's 26 and we can get him for 1 or 2 million".

I would think that's an unbelievable bargain and i'd be delighted.

Do we just replace every player who is inconsistent? No, we trust the staff to COACH him, to improve him and manage him. We don't have the money to buy the finished article every time.

He's played 26 games this season for Leeds and was a regular until his injury. He only became fit again at the end of last month and has featured in every match since as a sub.

He will be back in the starting XI before the end of the season.

He's 29, three years older than Barasic. Hopefully Barasic will improve.

A fit Barry Douglas is one of the first names on Bielsas team sheet. A cracking full back imo.

Correct. Cracking player, would be happy for him to be at Ibrox (and he’s a bear, I believe) but it’s highly unlikely. We have Barisic, he will develop into a top quality player so let’s focus on him.

Back