Barry Douglas?

His form during Leeds promotion season was excellent, but no because he is probably past his best.

Unless it was as a free, and as back up to let Bassey go out on loan to play games but even then I don’t see this being possible.

Good bear though.

Only as back up would I have him at his age.

Bassey will probably need a loan and Barisic this summer will be interesting as to whether we sell or not. Probably need a few left backs to come in if those are both the case.

He’s a good player. Big Rangers fan but wouldn’t be surprised if he went to Celtic. They need a lot of players.

I’d take him as back up but his recent fitness issues would worry me expecting him to play 40+ games a season.

don’t think he will be short of offers in the championship either so wages maybe be high.

If Borna goes we'd need someone like Puchacz or Melling to replace him.
And even then they'd need to improve under us to get to Bornas level.

Douglas especially after his fitness issues just isn't at that level I'm afraid.

Id have taken him a couple of years ago as he'd have provided better cover there than Halliday or Flanagan but I reckon the ship has sailed

He gets a mention every transfer window.

32 in September and a history of injuries. We can do a lot better, we already have better and he wouldn’t be an upgrade should Borna leave.

Being a leeds fan as well - i had high hopes when he signed . Always injured and never the same player he was that won promotion with Wolves .

Released by Leeds and took a while to sign for Blackburn - thats his level . Not us

Went to school with Barry and he is a good bear but his new accent let’s him down and is not befitting of someone that went to Mosspark Primary School.

Good bear. Also has a great delivery when he’s fit. Good deal ball striker too.

Far too injury prone, and maybe 3-4 years too late.

Id still have taken him as a decent level back up, especially for league duties and if it’s for a freebie then even better.

Mad to think Warburton wanted dallas when his value was a few million and we never gave him the money. The Pedro comes in and blows best part of 10M.
Dallas has been excellent this year

We were in the Championship when he went to Leeds.

We were never getting him.

We’ve Borna and Calvin.
We do need another left back to take over from BB, Bassey is Raw and needs a good few years under his belt development wise.

Douglas is many rungs below Borna. Decent enough, That’ll be the type of signing the mentally challengeds are aiming for.

We shouldn’t (and won’t) spend any money of a player in his 30s.

Only way this happens is if he’s a free transfer and is brought in as a “short term” strategy to let Bassey go out on loan.

Not a fan of him. I think we should be looking at younger players with potential over a 30+ guy on the decline now

Not good enough to be first choice if Borna leaves.

If the wages were right, might be a decent option as a backup. I reckon Bassey could do with getting a loan move and playing every week.

Why are people talking about him as a replacement for Borna? If we sign him, Douglas would be a back-up to cover for Borna.

That would allow Bassey to go out and get some much needed first team football. Spending another year on our bench as he turns 22 will do nothing for Bassey.

Always linked and on a free this summer. 31, bluenose, and left sided.
Its not 2018 and we're well beyond taking a gamble on players. Hes also in his 30s and hasnt played a lot over the course of his career due to being injured a lot. Plus hed have no sell on potential.

All that aside Im not sure hes even the right type of player for this dynamic Rangers team. Better movement, more pace needed really.

We can and will do much better.

Bassey being totally written off as a dud on the back of one dodgy performance against St Mirren is baffling. He's showed plenty in his other appearances that he definitely has the raw talent to make it with us. He was genuinely outstanding when he came off the bench against Liege in the EL this season.

Back