Barry Douglas

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw an interview with him at half-time in the Dundee Hibernian game, and he comes across as an intelligent lad when talking about his moves abroad.

Seems to be doing well in England, he’s a decent age, and experienced – so would he be worth a look at as a potential signing with a view to replacing Lee Wallace?

Following the recent, pleasant trend of us signing good players who are Rangers fans, am I right in thinking he may be one of us too?

Isn't he a first team regular at Wolves? They're almost guaranteed promotion this season. I think we missed the boat with him, like so many players under McCoist.

He is a Rangers fan, but like James McArthur, his stock is probably too high at the moment. If Wolves get to the premiership as well, he’ll probably want to hang about.

That was a very good interview with him. Seems like a level headed and intelligent lad.

We’ve had plenty chances to sign him. Now first pick at the team flying high at the top of the Championship. They’d want £5m.

I dont think that left back is a priority at the mo as we have just signed Declan John . Might be better looking for a penalty box striker/poacher.

We missed a trick in the summer I'm afraid.

He'll be in the Premiership next season.

Why has he not been picked for Scotland yet? Seems weird considering he has had a decent career so far. He even won the league with Lech Poznań, surely that's a better standard than some of the shite that gets picked.

Just saw an interview with him at half-time in the Dundee Hibernian game, and he comes across as an intelligent lad when talking about his moves abroad.

Seems to be doing well in England, he’s a decent age, and experienced – so would he be worth a look at as a potential signing with a view to replacing Lee Wallace?

Following the recent, pleasant trend of us signing good players who are Rangers fans, am I right in thinking he may be one of us too?

We've missed the boat on him. Far too expensive for us now.

Why has he not been picked for Scotland yet? Seems weird considering he has had a decent career so far. He even won the league with Lech Poznań, surely that's a better standard than some of the shite that gets picked.
Beacuse Teirney is a fecking multi million pound palyer so must be played at all costs or play the nect scumtic signing the bot from liverpool

He is a Rangers fan, but like James McArthur, his stock is probably too high at the moment. If Wolves get to the premiership as well, he’ll probably want to hang about.

Watched him play for Queens 19s. Stick out. We've had plenty chances to sign
Him. Too late. And btw, he's a pollok boy who went to Lourdes sec. Don' think
He's one of us.

Or they get promoted, Jorge Mendes gets them a new Portuguese left back at £12m and he comes to us a la Jamie Murphy.

I think we have missed the chance to sign him, certainly in the near future. He is really highly thought of at Wolves and would command a sizeable fee.

Always rated him. Went out to watch him play for Poznan and almost campaigned on here when he was on the move and ended up in Turkey. And yeah, he’s a big Rangers fan, despite the funny school (Lourdes).

Last edited:
Done well for himself since leaving Scotland to take a path not many Scottish players ever do, or make a success of.

Fans loved him at Poznan from what I've seen.

I dont think that left back is a priority at the mo as we have just signed Declan John . Might be better looking for a penalty box striker/poacher.
It's up there as a priority. Don't kid yourself .John gave us cover for an injured Wallace. We still need a good left back.

Always rated him. Went out to watch him play for Poznan and almost campaigned on here when he was on the move and ended up in Turkey. And yeah, he’s a big Rangers fan, despite the funny school (Lourdes).
Was just about to post that. Hes one of them

My mates a Wolves fan and they love Douglas. Can't see him being available any time soon unfortunately.

Im sure i read last week that he was a Jungle Jim and supported the beadrattlers.

Im sure i read last week that he was a Jungle Jim and supported the beadrattlers.

I worked with someone who claimed to be direct family to Barry. They said he would love to play for Rangers, that’s when he was playing for United.

Maybe there info is wrong, I just assumed with them being related the info would be true.

Either way, good player. If he is indeed a rattler, he doesn’t come across as rabid.

I worked with someone who claimed to be direct family to Barry. They said he would love to play for Rangers, that’s when he was playing for United.

Maybe there info is wrong, I just assumed with them being related the info would be true.
I thought it was nailed on he was a bear despite going to the bigot factory school.

Are those claiming he’s a mentally challenged not getting mixed up with Johnny Russell who also left Dundee Hibs around same time?

Mega bump for this thread...

Having a look at potential transfer targets this summer and looks like Mr Douglas is on the radar on a number of sites.

would we agree that Barry Douglas would be a top drawer signing at left back for us this year?
He’s a local lad, a bluenose who has dreamed of playing for rangers all his life, has a terrific left foot and fantastic ability and would bring a winning mentality to the team?
Would he be a good signing this summer?

Won't find much better cover for Barisic tbh, think he is out of contract next summer not sure.
I have a bit of a worry that Barisic might be looking to leave if Roma come in for him. Douglas would be a very good replacement in the short term. I don't think he would come here to sit on the bench.

Mega bump for this thread...

Having a look at potential transfer targets this summer and looks like Mr Douglas is on the radar on a number of sites.

would we agree that Barry Douglas would be a top drawer signing at left back for us this year?
He’s a local lad, a bluenose who has dreamed of playing for Rangers all his life, has a terrific left foot and fantastic ability and would bring a winning mentality to the team?
Would he be a good signing this summer?
He doesn’t take Barisic’s jersey, if he comes he’s coming to sit on a bench unless Barisic is injured

I like Douglas - but he has struggled for form and fitness throughout his time at Leeds . I watch Leeds as regularly as Rangers and he has been displaced by Dallas - with even Bielsa playing Alokski out of position there .

Back