Barry Feguson - Rangers showing lack of class in naming manager

Anyone that thinks Ferguson sits at his laptop and writes these before emailing it to a sub editor is utterly deluded.
He responds to a series of loaded questions, and takes the cash for it. He even allows his picture to go alongside the articles

Anyone who thinks these aren't his opinions simply because he doesn't type them out himself is a mug

I dont know if i would say 'class' but it really is an embarrassment that its gone on for this long.

The board are basically writing off the season which is a disgrace.

I fully expect us to drop more points tomorrow night and i place the blame squarely on the board.

He's spot on.

Exactly! What has he said that hasn't already been said several times in multiple threads over, at least the last three weeks on FF? A bit classless to use a position of privilage in the media to voice his opinion as has been said but nonetheless he his merely venting the same frustration as a great many of us are feeling.

We're almost as close to the transfer window opening as we are from Pedro's sacking yet we still seem to be.....er..."taking our time to find the right man"!

He's not wrong is he? He's echoing the sentiments of what the majority are saying on here and even the guys on the Podcast etc.

But everyone needs to get all mock offended because it's Barry saying it :rolleyes:

I dont know if i would say 'class' but it really is an embarrassment that its gone on for this long.

The board are basically writing off the season which is a disgrace.

I fully expect us to drop more points tomorrow night and i place the blame squarely on the board.

100% correct

Class is probably the wrong word to use but apart from that I can’t see anything wrong with what he’s actually saying.

It’s gone on far too long now and continues to do so

Another article from the Sun attempting to divide the Rangers family.

That’s all this is bears. Same as the nonsense about Alves last week.

You know all about class don't you Barry?

fergusonvsign800_2104647.jpg

Ferguson proving again he is a Rangers hating hack. Possibly the most ignorant Rangers player I have ever met.

Absolute nonsense.

He might be a moaning face negative twat of a person. But he doesnt "hate" Rangers. Get a grip.

I have found it hard to disagree with much he has said recently.

Currant bun =in-house fighting and negative bullshit .
Maybe even at this point we still haven’t chosen a manager?

i bet you never posted that at the time when most of FF was defending him.
Ok let's talk about his behaviour at Cameron house or the following week at Hampden after being told by Walter Smith to keep his head down.

That piece would make you think his preferred manager is losing ground on being appointed. He also asked the question can we afford him last time.

Lacking class, says the guy filling a column in the Sun newspaper.

Wee baz was never the brightest bulb.

Some people just jump on the bandwagon of slaughtering Ferguson without reading the piece,I might not agree with some of his suggestions for manager but other than that he's spot on,we're into the 5th week now and still nothing.

But its not, there's a video of Barry saying it!!!!

Ah well I didn’t watch the video. Try not to give the Sun any viewing stats.

I still think that the only reason they publish such stories is to cause more division in and around Rangers. But, to be fair, the club are making it easy for them as are “rent a quote” former players such as Barry. As for his comments, I agree with his position on the time being taken and lack of communication from the club on the manager position. But I completely disagree that this shows a “lack of class”, that’s a poor choice of words.

Barry Ferguson articles always appear to be a copy and paste job from his previous articles. He never has anything new to say.

I don't disagree with him, the fans are being treated like mugs here.

Weve paid a lot of money for season tickets and the board appear to be writing off another season in November.

He's only saying what most of us think about this. It is a joke. My only problem is that its printed in that rag.We'd agree with him if he posted it on here.

Not even going to read what ferguson is saying.
a great player for us , no doubt.
But his name and the word class( in non football terms) do not belong together.

Fighting in Bothwell - Defended by the majority of FF
Two fingered salute on Scotland duty - Defended by the majority of FF
Delay etc. on appointment - Majority of FF up in arms, Barry Ferguson will say similar

Ned, lacks class, with Bothwell and 2 fingered salute used as examples.......and a fool calling him a "Rangers hater".!!!

It is absolutely mental on here at times. Someone called it earlier for FF - "flock mentality".

As others have said, the "lack of class" comment to me is directed towards the way the fans have been treated, not by the process. He's not complaining about the length of time, but the lack of communication, which every other thread on here at the moment is doing as well.

He is a fan with an outlet for his feelings- most of us just have places like this.

No, but lack of class?

Frankly, yes.

Class would be a smooth transition, with the pre-targeted man appointed within a matter of days.

Barry may not be the most articulate, but he’s a guy who loves Rangers and knows the standards we should maintain.

This is a shambles.

The yahoos get horsed for the unpteenth time in Europe, but what will be tomorrows headline be?

It is becoming ridiculous that there appears to be nobody at least lined up for his but I wouldn’t say it s a lack of “class”.

It has to be said that a football club sacking a manager who was clearly in trouble without having at least a couple of interested parties lined up is borderline shambolic. We are now weeks down the line and the perception is that the Board hasn’t got a clue about what they want to do next.

Lack of class may be the wrong turn of phrase but what he is saying is that the current Board are treating the club's supporters with contempt by being faceless and unaccountable.

He is right, this is beyond a joke. Not only are the Board showing themselves to be incapable of any positive action, they also seem to think they are above answering to the support, or at the very least are lacking the bollocks to explain wtf is going on.

Before I logged on here I was thinking to my self the bheasts got humiliated I wonder what the negative Rangers story will be and up pops Barry not to disappoint

I wish he would shut up.

Doesn’t matter what he spouts or writes the Board will not take any notice.

Doesn’t matter if he is right or wrong and anyway he is only looking after his media career like the majority of ex players who have went down that road.

If Brian Laudrup had said the same thing some on here would be creaming their pants about it but because it's Barry Ferguson he's wrong , it wouldn't matter what he said because some people just like slaughtering home grown ex players it's embarrassing

I'm quite sure the board know what they're doing,they are supporters as well and how does he know what's going on within the board room,he's as in the dark as we are,the difference is he's bitter because it looks like it won't be DM, he'd have been there by now.

Exactly! What has he said that hasn't already been said several times in multiple threads over, at least the last three weeks on FF? A bit classless to use a position of privilage in the media to voice his opinion as has been said but nonetheless he his merely venting the same frustration as a great many of us are feeling.

We're almost as close to the transfer window opening as we are from Pedro's sacking yet we still seem to be.....er..."taking our time to find the right man"!
It seem to ok for us to say it but every time an ex-player says the same he is accused of betrayal. I don’t agree with everything he says all the time but in this instance he’s not wrong.

It’s shocking that it has taken this long to appoint a manager when we knew for months the last guy was a dead man walking

Barry is just being transparently self centred, he clearly thought that if McInnes was hired as manager a job opportunity beckoned. Now that he is realising that the boards ambitions don’t necessarily lie with DM he’s throwing his toys out of the pram.

Barry is no different from the sad cabal of ‘scottish’ ex Rangers who seem to revel in sticking the boot into the club via a media which requires an inexhaustible supply of anti Rangers bile to satisfy the bloodlust toward the club.

Let’s be honest none of us know whether the board are about to play a blinder or deliver a turkey of an appointment in time for Christmas. Some of our number including myself are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt whilst others are already baying for blood.

The one thing I would say is our motives for our respective behaviours are based on the love we have for the club as opposed to self interest and profit ala Barry, Boyd et al.

As others have said, the "lack of class" comment to me is directed towards the way the fans have been treated, not by the process. He's not complaining about the length of time, but the lack of communication, which every other thread on here at the moment is doing as well.

He is a fan with an outlet for his feelings- most of us just have places like this.

He's right on the whole in the context. May have been better saying we have been treated with utter contempt and like mugs.

It seem to ok for us to say it but every time an ex-player says the same he is accused of betrayal. I don’t agree with everything he says all the time but in this instance he’s not wrong.

It’s shocking that it has taken this long to appoint a manager when we knew for months the last guy was a dead man walking

Anyone worth their salt will now be asking our Board why it has taken so long to speak with them and how many people they have gone through and why the previous candidates didn’t get or take the job.

At risk of pulling this one up again, the DoF needs to be visible in all of this.
If we end up employing a traditional “manager” then the whole concept of our DoF will be show up as a joke.

Switched on pete and roughie show and saw he was the guest, listened for 2 minutes then switched back to my Minami Matsuzaka dvd.
It's not that I hate him but don't think he has anything original, interesting or incisive to say.

Right. Let’s just break this down.

Sack a man you appointed months earlier.
Back a player who is at best, shite.
Have no Plan B.
Show no face in Glasgow in order to remedy the situation.
No comment from Mr Nicey Nicey ex Motherwell ‘CEO’.
Let it drag for weeks and give oxygen to a piranha like media.
Get beaten at Ibrox by Hamilton.
Get held to ransom by the fucking sheep shaggers.

Classy?

He’s fucking right.

And I for one am glad the pressure is on.

Apart from his suggestions he is saying the same as what most of us have said. There is nothing clear coming from the club and they are making us look like a laughing stock.
He may be saying the same as us,but we are saying it to each other,not going to the national press to slag off the very club that made him a very rich young man.

Right. Let’s just break this down.

Sack a man you appointed months earlier.
Back a player who is at best, shite.
Have no Plan B.
Show no face in Glasgow in order to remedy the situation.
No comment from Mr Nicey Nicey ex Motherwell ‘CEO’.
Let it drag for weeks and give oxygen to a piranha like media.
Get beaten at Ibrox by Hamilton.
Get held to ransom by the fucking sheep shaggers.

Classy?

Spot on, we shoul be looking at some new appointments at board level too our CEO isn’t fit for purpose

Great player.

But thick as shit and does the club more harm than good with his ‘views’

Barry, shut the %^*& up mate

Frankly, yes.

Class would be a smooth transition, with the pre-targeted man appointed within a matter of days.

Barry may not be the most articulate, but he’s a guy who loves Rangers and knows the standards we should maintain.

This is a shambles.

The yahoos get horsed for the unpteenth time in Europe, but what will be tomorrows headline be?
Only if that pre targeted manager was available.

Ferguson, like the rest of us, has no idea if there's a valid reason for this lengthy process. Time will tell and we can all then form a judgement. In the meantime, it would be nice if our former captain showed a bit of class himself and stopped shit stirring.

He may be saying the same as us,but we are saying it to each other,not going to the national press to slag off the very club that made him a very rich young man.
None of us have a voice in the national press, if you could say something to the board and the only way you could say it is through the board would you or would you sit on your hands. As I say I don’t agree with everything he says but in this instance he’s right.

Ferguson, like the rest of us, has no idea if there's a valid reason for this lengthy process. Time will tell and we can all then form a judgement. In the meantime, it would be nice if our former captain showed a bit of class himself and stopped shit stirring.
I think it comes down to the fact there is nothing coming out of the club this is what is frustrating people, I’d like to think that these comments are made out of frustration rather than ‘shit stirring’ but only BF could answer that for sure

Back