Barry Ferguson in that game last night

He was immense the season after too when we won the treble

You just expect him to be that level afterwards

I loved Ferguson when I was growing up. He's a Rangers legend in my view.

He is, tarnished only by 3 things.

1) Leaving for Blackburn Fúcking Rovers.

2) His part in the Le Guen fiasco.

3) His blatant disrespect for Walter Smith whilst on Scotland duty that saw him stripped of captaincy and effectively ended his Rangers career.

How good was fergie in that game , outstanding,surprised how bad Larrson was ,and why was that clown sutton playing at the back ,always thought he played up front. i was actually jumping about last night when the winner went in . :):)
Vaalgaren [sp?] normally played alongside the other two, he must have been injured or suspended.

Wee Barry is one of my all time favourites. A joy to watch and wouldn’t look out of place in any company.

Was surprised at the time it was blackburn who signed him? Could of played for a bigger club imo..... top player.

I am so glad Ferguson was with us.

A part of me would have loved him going all the way to the top because he could have.

Imagine Xavi Inesta and Ferguson in one midfield or an I dreaming :D

Outstanding performance last night but that was just the norm for most of the time,how bad was Lennon:)

3) His blatant disrespect for Walter Smith whilst on Scotland duty that saw him stripped of captaincy and effectively ended his Rangers career.
Cant argue with that mate the truth hurts but how I wish we had one of him now, not just wanting the ball in games , and wonderful skill in passing but hard but fair tackling, his constant "moaning and greetin"at the players on his side!driving them on relentlessly loved watching him,a great captain and legend ,(apart from your points obviously)still laugh at his cheeky back heeler when we kicked off against Barca!

Ferguson is one of the finest talents that Scotland had produced in many years, and he bossed them on so many occasions.

That was one of his best performances in a career of class.
I thought his shot that hit the post was going in at the time but made up for it with the free kick - top drawer
I remember now how thuggish they we were and their gameplay to win free kicks 25-30 yards out. They were not a great footballing team and relied on big brutes like Baldie and thug Hartson. Great to see Sutton floundering.

He’s the only player I’ve seen at Rangers that you knew even in his teenage years had what it takes and knew what it took to be Rangers player. I remember him playing against Bayern Munich and up against one of my all time favourite players matthaus and he bossed it. Didn’t looked over-awed and looked like the champions league was his play ground. Doubt we’ll ever seen a teenager make such an instant impact on our first time but hope to be proved wrong.

He was immense that game, but before he signed for us , one of our mates was a referee at a decent level, he went on our supporters bus sat next to us at Ibrox & he said the best young player he had ever seen was Barry, we all took this onboard as this guy had so much respect, through playing the game & latterly taking up refereeing. Gone now
RIP Glen

Barry ferguson was a top class player and captain for Rangers, i remember Luther Mathias the great german getting rattled by Barry when he was a youngster and had him in his back pocket

I forgot how assured he was on the ball. Always played with his head up. Had a good bit of dig about him and he really could pick a pass.
The shot he hits the post with just before his goal. Was something else loved the way he struck a shot. Hardly any back lift absolutely brilliant technique.

The fact that he was captain and a stand out amongst some of the players he played with says everything you need to know about how big a player he was for us.

One of the few homegrown Rangers that is in good company in the legends of our club.

He’s obviously not that bright. But, taking the off field nonsense away, his performances over the years were incredible for a local lad.

Also, leaving for Blackburn was crap but at least he proved he could cut it elsewhere unlike other absolute imposters in Scottish football.

Absolutely none of that tarnishes my opinion of Ferguson, guys a Rangers legend.

How good was fergie in that game , outstanding,surprised how bad Larrson was ,and why was that clown sutton playing at the back ,always thought he played up front. i was actually jumping about last night when the winner went in . :):)
Ferguson and Deboer were outstanding for about 2 seasons.

His leadership was utterly brilliant to watch, wish he was playing in this current team it really can be the difference of winning a title or not having someone of his class and ability in the team.

An unbelievable performance
I watched it and even Mo Ross was barking orders everywhere

Was surprised at the time it was blackburn who signed him? Could of played for a bigger club imo..... top player.
The thought was probably , go down there , season or 2 with blackburn, impress then join a proper big team.
Injury shafted that plan imo.

Back