Barry Ferguson sends message to Rangers fans as their heroes hit top of the league

No he hasn’t.

He’s on a podcast almost every week saying he hopes Rangers win and “being a Rangers man I hope we....” etc etc.

He said he has always had a soft spot for accies from growing up in Hamilton. Big difference.
Changed his tune then.

5 League titles, 5 Scottish cups, 5 League cups, European final but some hate him. Would give an arm and leg for someone like him the now
I’d give my left Nut for someone half as good as Barry.
We won’t come close to producing a player of his quality again.

Newspaper journalists are the laziest bastards in the world at the moment. All they do is recycle stuff other people are putting out there and dramatising it. This has likely been taken from Peter Martins PLZ show he does every day and there was absolutely no malice in it whatsoever. Also similar to the Kenny Miller articles that were taken from Football Daft..when you listen to the podcast wshow the comments made are nothing and Miller in my opinion gives a decent interview but when it is printed it looks a lot worse.

If it’s is own column (apologies) then fair enough but there is no malice in it as above.

For us it's not simply being 2 points clear

There's just a strong feeling of belief that were gonna win 55 this season and it's been there since last season. Of course going 2 points clear magnifies that, but to put out excitement down to 2 points is nonsense

Like when Lennon was appointed as manager there was an energy full of excitement and belief and that was before a ball was even kicked this season

There's so much more to it than 2 points and anyone who doesn't see that clearly isn't a rangers fan or is just being a lady's front bottom. The excitement isn't caused by us being 2 points clear it's caused by the strong belief of rangers fans that this is the year

Last edited:
What’s the story with BF, has there been a bust up with him and the club? Don’t believe he was present at Fernandos funeral either which suprised me.

Probably our best player in the last 15 years, one who sweated blood for the club he loves. Get a grip.

He was a great player up until 2003, when he came back he wasn't as good.

Legend for what he done on the pitch for us but I will never take to him after he handed in a transfer request whilst being captain of Rangers.

My memories of Barry are a mix of being a great player, the way he left us and then watching him get too big for his boots in his second spell and just be constantly shouting at the younger players in the side.

I appreciate everyone is different and will have different opinions on him though.

He is yet another who says they have a better Squad than us. From my point of view we are stronger in most positions than them

He should let us enjoy being top of the league. Rather than the negative "we shouldn't get too carried away" blah blah blah
Utter bollocks , he’s not saying don’t enjoy it and nobody else is either. I’m sure like us he’s delighted at the reversal in league positions but nothing is won yet so don’t get complacent, that’s all

For us it's not simply being 2 points clear

There's just a strong feeling of belief that were gonna win 55 this season and it's been there since last season. Of course going 2 points clear magnifies that, but to put out excitement down to 2 points is nonsense

Like when Lennon was appointed as manager there was an energy full of excitement and belief and that was before a ball was even kicked this season

There's so much more to it than 2 points and anyone who doesn't see that clearly isn't a rangers fan or is just being a lady's front bottom. The excitement isn't caused by us being 2 points clear it's caused by the strong belief of rangers fans that this is the year

The return of we shall not be moved is evidence of that. We never sang it last year when we went ahead, because deep down I don't think many rangers fans thought we would win it ( even though it did look like it at times). This year we know we have a very good chance of winning it and were pumped and showing it.
We sang it at hearts last season. “Clearly not a Rangers fan”

He is yet another who says they have a better Squad than us. From my point of view we are stronger in most positions than them
I think he meant until we win the league they have a better squad, and that is the case. I think we will and they’ll crumble, but until it happens they are the team to beat. Gerrard will be saying exactly the same things as Ferguson.

they need the cash so they will have ghost written pieces for them slating Rangers attached to their name

if they actually had a fucking clue about what they were talking they would be in well paying coaching jobs

Ex rangers players are mostly rangers haters. Thompson. Boyd. Barry n Derek Ferguson. Failed rangers trialist Michael Stewart. And also Dodds. It's pathetic.

Heard it all now, the Fergusons and Boyd getting lumped in with Michael Stewart.

Listen to Derek on Open Goal where he nails his colours to the mast every week. It's more a sign of where we are as a Country that to have any sort of career in the media you have to toe the party line. Be it on the radio, papers or tele and if they want to earn money then they need to toe that line.

Well said, Barry.
For those who claim he's a Rangers hater,
get off here and get your homework done.

they need the cash so they will have ghost written pieces for them slating Rangers attached to their name

if they actually had a fucking clue about what they were talking they would be in well paying coaching jobs
What has he said that’s wrong

look at mentally challenged ex pros , dumbele £40 million , french eddy £50 million . They know it’s nonsense but every little helps .

some of our ex pros are a shambles . £6 million for Morelos,he’s a loose cannon etc etc ffs

guys like Neil mc cann put them to shame
Maybe that is closer to his true value than some think. If we priced him at 6m he probably he would sell. 15m probably not so what is his true value?
To us its the higher end but to a prospective buyer i think its a lot less

Columns like this by ex-players offer zero insight into the game.

Wonder why people read them tbh
Less and less people do.The MSM in Scotland days are numbered.I wouldn't even bother posting it on here.Barry great player but he offers next to no insight anytime I hear or read about him.

More utter shite which could have been penned by someone like craigan

Ferguson should be Saying rangers flying Celtic have looked toothless Celtic have a regal fight on their hands can they handle the pressure

Rangers and gerrard look really determined they are playing the best football in the country defoe and Morelos are lethal etc

What do we get cektic best side in the country bull shite

Away to %^*& sick of this crap

He should let us enjoy being top of the league. Rather than the negative "we shouldn't get too carried away" blah blah blah

I’m not going to disagree with him. We’re now 2 points ahead but that only happened last weekend. We’ve got a tough run of fixtures over the next couple of months. Yet I’ve seen people in here and social media proclaim that the title is definitely in the bag and planning what they’re going to do the day the title is won.

look at mentally challenged ex pros , dumbele £40 million , french eddy £50 million . They know it’s nonsense but every little helps .

some of our ex pros are a shambles . £6 million for Morelos,he’s a loose cannon etc etc ffs

guys like Neil mc cann put them to shame
Who said this?
Also, despite the wild valuation for Dembele, what did he actually go for?

No he hasn’t.

He’s on a podcast almost every week saying he hopes Rangers win and “being a Rangers man I hope we....” etc etc.

He said he has always had a soft spot for accies from growing up in Hamilton. Big difference.
Yes, but what about when he said he was glad Rangers lost up in Perth?
I’d love a link to that line.

he's pissing on a long waited for parade

was there a piece like this telling the celtc support to shut its puss back in september?

Sheer paranoia here.

Shock horror an ex-Rangers player comments on the team he played for current situation regarding our league position.

He's said absolutely nothing wrong and actually speaks a lot of sense.

The best player we’ve had this century, bar none.
Yes, others like Gio, Gattuso, the de Boers and Canaggia, have managed better careers at a higher level but, I’m commenting on players for Rangers.
Rangers hater though supposedly. Possibly one of the craziest things I’ve seen posted

Back