Barry Ferguson sends message to Rangers fans as their heroes hit top of the league

He was a great player up until 2003, when he came back he wasn't as good.

Legend for what he done on the pitch for us but I will never take to him after he handed in a transfer request whilst being captain of Rangers.

My memories of Barry are a mix of being a great player, the way he left us and then watching him get too big for his boots in his second spell and just be constantly shouting at the younger players in the side.

I appreciate everyone is different and will have different opinions on him though.
Despite this, was still the best in the country between 03 and 09.

I'm enjoying being top no matter what anyone says! It goes without saying we are all cautious, we're not thick.

Some on here cant wait to tell us about what they're saying,especially when it's not going well.
Jesus,we're having rants when things are going well. Fergie has said nothing that has upset me or ruined my enjoyment of our position.
If rangers were 10 points ahead I'd still be wary at this time of the season. It's only 2 points and that can all change in the next fixtures.

Derek also thought Morelos was only worth £6 million , Barry said similar . Some of our ex players are so off message .

and what’s with articles filled with “Look” and “listen” ?
To show the common touch and they are “relatable”. Ghost writer over compensates to hide written by someone else therefore making it clear it’s written by someone else.

Maybe that is closer to his true value than some think. If we priced him at 6m he probably he would sell. 15m probably not so what is his true value?
To us its the higher end but to a prospective buyer i think its a lot less

It’s not about his true value though . It’s about putting out positive PR about him , quoting excessive values in order to get as much as possible .
The tims do it all the time assisted by their ex pros . I was ours would do the same

Who said this?
Also, despite the wild valuation for Dembele, what did he actually go for?

chris Sutton did just this morning .

yes he’s a Mong , but the more excessive values are quoted for these better players the more they might get for them .

bembele went for £20 million I believe ,it’s difficult to quantify how much extra positive pr added to that but it certainly wouldn’t have harmed the fee

I really can't stand Barry Ferguson. He can't let us rangers fans enjoy being top of the league.
He's a sell out. Gives the rags what they want. When Le Guen was under pressure rather than support the manager of Rangers in difficult times, he went running to the media. The same when he went to Blackburn, he gave the papers the story they wanted.

He was a great player on the park for us, no question, but his off field behaviour has been dubious to say the least. The same goes for his brother.

Ex rangers players are mostly rangers haters. Thompson. Boyd. Barry n Derek Ferguson. Failed rangers trialist Michael Stewart. And also Dodds. It's pathetic.
I thought for a moment there you were lumping Kevin Thomson into your list of apparent Rangers haters! I'll assume you got the spelling correct!
As for your ridiculous opinion that Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd are Rangers haters...just nonsense.
Next you'll be telling me that the likes of Ally McCoist and Derek Johnstone are Rangers haters too just because they might have said something in the past that you disagree with.
Crackers!

It’s not about his true value though . It’s about putting out positive PR about him , quoting excessive values in order to get as much as possible .
The tims do it all the time assisted by their ex pros . I was ours would do the same
I know what you are saying and wish that too mate

chris Sutton did just this morning .

yes he’s a Mong , but the more excessive values are quoted for these better players the more they might get for them .

bembele went for £20 million I believe ,it’s difficult to quantify how much extra positive pr added to that but it certainly wouldn’t have harmed the fee
If you’re referring to the tweet mentioned earlier on the Sutton thread, have another look at it and tell me that’s really what he’s implying.
If it isn’t the same source, tell me what is and provide a link if possible.

Look, are there Rangers fans enjoying being top? Yes
Are there Rangers fans gloating about being top? Yes
Are there any Rangers supporters who think the leagues is over after 8 games? No.

Listen, Barry's name is on this article for two reasons. Firstly, there are Rangers supporters who will buy the paper/click the article because it says Barry Ferguson.
Secondly, there are a hell of a lot of Bheggars who will buy the paper/click the article because a Rangers player is telling Rangers fans to calm down and they desperately need the comfort right now.

More click bait from the journo-bloggers that masquerade as Sports journalists.

If you’re referring to the tweet mentioned earlier on the Sutton thread, have another look at it and tell me that’s really what he’s implying.
If it isn’t the same source, tell me what is and provide a link if possible.

I knowexactly what he’s implying , but that’s the point . For their best players their ex pros are always on message .

“£50 million” “the best striker in Scotland” the usual sycophantic nonsense but it’s always positive which isn’t going to hurt the fee or interest Celtic get for their players

Here’s some comments from the Ferguson’s about Morelos

“They’ve been better without him”

“I’d sell him for £6 maybe £7 million”

“I think he’s worth £8 million possibly touching £10 million”

Morelos is our most sellable asset and I’d rather see our ex pros gush about him and talk ridiculous fees than talk him and his value down .

As I said it’s difficult to quantify how much , if any , positive pr from football pundits affects a players value but it can’t hurt it

needs to stop putting "Old Firm" in his columns to be honest, refuse to be associated with a club who let child abuse go on without saying anything about it

We’re associated with them whether we like it or not. We’re from the same city. They’re our ancient rivals and always will be.

He said years ago live on Pacific quay radio that he had no affiliation with Rangers,the same night we were trounced up at Perth and also stated he was delighted we were beaten.
I feel much the same about Ferguson so no love lost there then.

Some of the comments on here about Barry Ferguson are ridiculous. I’ve even read somebody call his brother Derek a ‘wanker’. Get a grip or get over to Kerryfail street instead. Pathetic.

I'd rather our ex players spoke their mind rather than acted like lunatics. Constructive criticism when its due is perfectly fine.

I mean, would you rather guys like Barry and Boydy acted like Tom Boyd in the media? Peddled conspiracies etc and acted like a genuine loonball? They'd be a laughing stock.

Some people on here are absolutely deluded.

Not think if anyone knows a thing or two about winning title races with Rangers it's Barry Ferguson? The guy won the league 3 times on the final day of the season.

Are people really getting annoyed at the fact that he isn't jumping in giving it "Rangers are going to win the league, the title is done and dusted, Celtic are pish, party time"? Is that what you'd like to see him write?

There's a strange thing where people just love to get torn into ex Rangers players on here for almost no reason whatsoever.

To label Barry Ferguson a Rangers hater is one of the weirdest things I've seen.

A lot of people will be eating humble pie when 55 happens and people like Barry are gushing over us, while our detractors, our REAL haters, are going full blown sevco and having absolute meltdowns.

Ex rangers players are mostly rangers haters. Thompson. Boyd. Barry n Derek Ferguson. Failed rangers trialist Michael Stewart. And also Dodds. It's pathetic.

Scottish ex rangers players. Theres very few rUK / foreigners who sell their soul the way Ferguson and others do.

He can say he's a Rangers fan and people can defend him but I pretty much think less of him every time he speaks.

I'll never join in with the Barry Ferguson bashing on here. Was a big hero of mine growing up as we are similar age group, seeing someone who's a bear live my own dream.

He's the best Scottish midfielder we have had in years as well, absolutely sublime player.

He's a Rangers fan through and through, but criticises us the same as we all do. All the ones who slag him for criticising us will have done the same many times. Myself included.

It's just ridiculous this. Thank God the internet wasn't around in the late 60s when arguably one of our greatest ever servants as a player in his capacity as a journalist wrote an article calling for the manager to be sacked. That journalist led us as manager to our greatest ever triumph. Not once when he managed other clubs or worked as a journalist did anyone dare question his allegiance to Rangers.

Hating ex players of rangers seems to be a favourite theme on here. Not just talking about some who have come and gone,rarely noticed,but seems our legends are fair game. Dont understand it and to be honest they should be ashamed of themselves.
Bought and paid for by their mentally challenged paymasters,what a load of bull.

Get a grip or move to North Korea where you can clap the great leader till your hands hurt

Hating ex players of rangers seems to be a favourite theme on here. Not just talking about some who have come and gone,rarely noticed,but seems our legends are fair game. Dont understand it and to be honest they should be ashamed of themselves.
Bought and paid for by their mentally challenged paymasters,what a load of bull.

Get a grip or move to North Korea where you can clap the great leader till your hands hurt
It’s embarrassing as %^*&. There’s mentally challengeds like Dalglish that get spoke about better than our players

He said years ago live on Pacific quay radio that he had no affiliation with Rangers,the same night we were trounced up at Perth and also stated he was delighted we were beaten.
Without knowing either brother, I feel Barry (at least) believes he deserved a sinecure at RFC. May also feel he was poorly advised on EBTs. Derek has adopted the Pacific Quay narrative and is insufferable on air.

I can never quite get over Derek Ferguson saying it was unfair that the Ramsden cup final was being played at Easter road, that it should be at a smaller stadium as we would have more fans than Raith Rovers

It's just ridiculous this. Thank God the internet wasn't around in the late 60s when arguably one of our greatest ever servants as a player in his capacity as a journalist wrote an article calling for the manager to be sacked. That journalist led us as manager to our greatest ever triumph. Not once when he managed other clubs or worked as a journalist did anyone dare question his allegiance to Rangers.

That journalist's Rangers' allegiances or not. His record as manager left a lot to be desired and would have, in fact, had this forum (should it have been possible) going tonto in the circumstances.

And no amount of flares, psychodelica, Woodstocks and Isle of Wight festivals would have dictated otherwise.

That journalist's Rangers' allegiances or not. His record as manager left a lot to be desired and would have, in fact, had this forum (should it have been possible) going tonto in the circumstances.

And no amount of flares, psychodelica, Woodstocks and Isle of Wight festivals would have dictated otherwise.
Oh I know that but just saying no one ever questioned his allegiance to the club as a player or as a journalist.

Back