Barry Ferguson slams Rangers for snubbing nephew Lewis

The guy that knew Pedro is a farce before the board that appointed him?

Disgrace for calling out mediocracy being accepted by PLG? Really?
Suppose Miller/Wallace are a disgrace as well then.
he applied to be pedros no 2!!

fwiw i think we should have signed lewis, it was a bit of a no brainer, and would have fitted into our over train and trade strategy quite nicely (maybe even a deal with Jack going the other way)

Irrespective of the Barry rage (he’s right in this case), logic tells me that we should have tried to sign Ferguson. Would have added much needed energy and a goalscoring threat to our ageing midfield. We can not keep relying on Jack, Arfield, Davis. A Scot and bluenose too. Not every midfielder can be a Pirlo or Zidane, a high energy workhorse is badly needed in the centre of the park too. I think he’d have been a good partner for Lowry, two very different skill sets but probably complementary.

Would Aberdeen have tried to get more cash from us? Of course. Bologna paid £2m, we’d have had to pay £2.5-3M. Still decent value in todays market and Aberdeen would not pass up the chance to get an extra bit of cash.

You would think this was kerryfail Street.Where else would one of our best home grown highly successful players be getting abuse for daring to express an opinion. This place is polluted with moon howling mhanky tramps.
100% this.

Glasgow Rangers always signed the best homegrown Scottish talent, the list is long.

We spent considerable on Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz so those suggesting Aberdeen would of been difficult to deal with keep those millions in mind.

We absolutely should of signed Lewis, with better coaching and players around him we would of had a terrific balanced sensibile midfielder on our books.

Horrendous lack of vision from the board and patter merchant Wilson.

Last edited:
I agree with him.

He would’ve been a really good signing for us.

Exactly kind of midfielder we need.
Debatable if he was good enough however what's not debatable is he wouldn't be allowed to play his "natural" game for us, would be under constant attention and probably yellow carded every other week.

Regularly watched Kamara play in a team that struggled to get 30% possession against us and was regularly outplayed by Jack Arfield and Davis.
He was never improving our team. . . .
Watched Kamara at Ibrox and he was fantastic on the ball, never thought Rangers should sign him but he stood out.

Anyone who believes that Lewis Ferguson would be able to jump into challenges on the pitch in a Rangers shirt, as he did for Aberdeen is deluded.

Some rank hypocrisy from fans on here who expect total, sycophantic praise from ex-players in the media, but are happy to ritually abuse them any time they speak about the club.

Especially apparent when the ex player in question is 100% bang on the money.

Strange that.
Well that’s one view. I’d heard enough from Barry ten years ago, he’s white noise doing his mentally challenged press bidding for scraps.

Anyone who believes that Lewis Ferguson would be able to jump into challenges on the pitch in a Rangers shirt, as he did for Aberdeen is deluded.
A fantastic balanced prospect who knows our domestic game inside out - currently doing brilliant in Serie A.

Players have joined from Aberdeen, Hearts and others in the past before and gone on to have fantastic Rangers careers.

Have some vision - we are lacking in the middle of the park.

Arfield, Jack and Kamara all done!!

Exactly, just like it was the opinion of the Bologna manager that he just didn't fancy Ferguson, then he got sacked and then he started getting more game time.

Some act like he is ripping it up over there, which is far from the truth!
He is holding his own and doing just fine.

A good young prospect

Obviously Barry is going to put family before our club.
But with regard to his nephew,I only ever seen him against us, and I thought he was just another SPFL plodder.
No real imagination or skill, constantly giving away fouls and should have been sent off against us on more than one occasion.
I doubt very much Aberdeen would have sold to us at any price, and why should we be criticised for not giving a club who hates us millions?
If he wanted to join Rangers he could have turned down the move abroad waited until the end of this season when his contract was over.

He is holding his own and doing just fine.

A good young prospect

He is doing a job, certainly not dominating!

Doing a lot of what his uncle did as well, lots of side and back passing, so that said he would have fitted in well with Gio's tactics I suppose.

And he is 23 with nearly 200 games under his belt, hardly a bloody prospect by any means!

Yeah, because Aberdeen would've sold him to us for £2m :rolleyes:

The reality of the situation is that they would've asked us for £5m+ and swiftly agreed a deal to sell him for £2m elsewhere

Barry.....Rangers may indeed have went for your nephew....if only you weren't a gobshite who likes to pass on information to the clubs enemies in the media.

I keep hearing on posts about how our coaching could improve players.
Ferguson and that balloon from Hivs.
Our last coach who I have the utmost respect for couldnt get a tune out this squad.
Skill determination and will to win comes from the inside of every good player imo.
Oh Barry doing what Barry does now but the attributes I mentioned there he had them in abundance.

Doing a lot of what his uncle did as well, lots of side and back passing, so that said he would have fitted in well with Gio's tactics I suppose.

And he is 24 with nearly 200 games under his belt, hardly a bloody prospect by any means!
Barry was a fantastic forward playing footballer in his pomp - his ball retention was top drawer before injuries took a grip of his movement.

He is very much a prospect in Serie A and with that I will suggest he will leave in a year or two on to another club - having said that I take the age on board.

A great player for us was Barry,Al leave it at that...
Yes you are absolutely correct. Unfortunately he is a grade A rocket off the park which i have had the pleasure of witnessing on two occasions.
There is a reason Barry cant even keep a lower league job guys.

And he is 23 with nearly 200 games under his belt, hardly a bloody prospect by any means!
He’s 23 and certainly a prospect with plenty of potential. Weird thing to use having that amount of experience at a young age as a negative!

He’s 23 and certainly a prospect with plenty of potential. Weird thing to use having that amount of experience at a young age as a negative!

who said it was a negative? I'm replying to another poster stating he ain't no prospect at 23 and I said he was 23!

what is your problem?

Our defensive/ central midfielders are weakest part of our team, even felt this towards the end of last season.

Ferguson should have been considered, instead we spent our money on attacking midfielders and wingers.

I agree with him.

He would’ve been a really good signing for us.

Exactly kind of midfielder we need.
I agree also. We have to buy the best young Scottish talent who actually can stand up and play. Lewis has always proved he can. But FF will have its usual nonsense experts saying differently.

I wouldn't normally say this about any ex-Rangers player nevermind a captain, but I honestly can't stand him.

Brilliant player but he's an arrogant, know-it-all.

Was a no brainer of a signing to be honest. Good box to box player, gets himself into good positions, good in the air and pretty decent technically. Would have come on leaps and bounds in our squad the same way guys like Jack and Kamara have.

Also fits that Scottish box where Wilson can justify signing any old shite.

I’m not buying Aberdeen would have asked for the earth. If we’d offered 2.5m they’d have been more than happy to do business I’m sure and it would provide far better value than some of the signings we’ve made in the summer.
Maybe, maybe not, but the club should have made the enquiry in my opinion.
The only downside to the lad was perhaps the trust side due to both his close relatives working for the media.
Unlike others on here I think he is a very decent player.

Maybe, maybe not, but the club should have made the enquiry in my opinion.
The only downside to the lad was perhaps the trust side due to both his close relatives working for the media.
Unlike others on here I think he is a very decent player.
Decent being the operative word.

BOTCHED, SNUBBED, BLAST!!

He said no such thing. His quotes are in line with what he said at a dinner I was at recently.

He was a wee bit surprised we never even enquired but you never know in the future, good on Lewis for taking the leap abroad.

All very civil and fair. Almost like a headline is needed to stir up a bunch of sh1te.

A fantastic balanced prospect who knows our domestic game inside out - currently doing brilliant in Serie A.

Players have joined from Aberdeen, Hearts and others in the past before and gone on to have fantastic Rangers careers.

Have some vision - we are lacking in the middle of the park.

Arfield, Jack and Kamara all done!!

Ryan Jack was a " combative midfielder ", mate. We know how refs treated him after he joined Rangers.

Back