Barry Ferguson's best game for Rangers

Parma at Ibrox. Baggio was subbed after they managed to remove him from Barry’s pocket. Class.

Baggio lost it at one point and tried to kick him several times. Ferguson started laughing. He did the same to an incredible Munich midfield.

That Parma team was sheer class though.

3 nil against the mhanks, he was phenomenal that day, the pigs couldn’t get near him.
Just watched the highlights of this last night and the reason being that I could remember how he bossed this. What I couldn't remember was Steven Whittaker stripped to come on for him just before half time and the comentaters saying he looked done! Makes it even more impressive. A special mention goes to the game at home to the Israel mob (Walters first european game back at Ibrox I think) Barry was close to a 10/10 that night.

Just watched the highlights of this last night and the reason being that I could remember how he bossed this. What I couldn't remember was Steven Whittaker stripped to come on for him just before half time and the comentaters saying he looked done! Makes it even more impressive. A special mention goes to the game at home to the Israel mob (Walters first european game back at Ibrox I think) Barry was close to a 10/10 that night.
Yes - Ferguson was superb that night.

Leverkusen away he was just so under ratted we he was on his game he was unbelievable the 5-1 against celtic too brilliant

Probably the 2002 cup final for me.

Another suggestion is against Stuttgart when we beat them 2-1 in 2007

Loved Barry. Wish we had a big game player like that now. No1 that stands out when it matters the way he did. Best game. For me Stuttgart os Leverkusen

Two games stand out for me.
Playing Lothar Matthaus off the off the pitch in 1999.
Or
Being the star man when Scotland won at Wembley the same year

Aye and then 1 of Germanys finest tried to gouge his eyes out... was a great game mind you! Until mols injury that is

Watched the full home game against Porto in the champions league a couple of months ago as it was uploaded to YouTube.

He was incredible that night. I’d almost forgotten how good he was, up there with any player Scotland have produced.

Not his greatest game, but in the treble season 2002-03 he scored a hat trick in a home game v Dundee United and was magnificent.

Was this on youtube mate ?.

2002 cup final.

I actually struggle to think of a better 'captain's type performance in my lifetime.

How we could do with his type again.

I doubt this would make it onto anybody's watch list, but I think it was his debut as Captain. A nil-nil draw at home to Galatasaray. We weren't very good, we were struggling with form at the time. Barry covered every bit of Ibrox, shouted & yelled at his peers, and stopped everything Galatasary tried to create. He stood head and shoulders above everybody on that pitch, including Gheorghe Hagi.

FBS

He was probably very good in most games but he only really stood out when we played top class European teams or the filth and we were sort of judging him against a higher calibre player (Mattheus etc). Remember he had Ronald de Boer as his side kick and he regularly outshone him!
p.s I do not class the tims in the same league as Parma, Leverkusen etc, but they were who we had to beat if we were going to win anything!

Barry takes a lot of flack from the Bears, but by god we could do with his like these days. Even when he wasn't on form he was still driving the team.

The game that first sprung to mind was the 2002 cup final. Felt he really stepped into the captains role that day but as others have said there were so many good amazing performances it's hard to pick just one.

Back