Barry reckons Morelos could go for £30m

For what its worth my feeling and no evidence just a feeling , Liverpool £50 million

Like you I have wondered if a Liverpool connection could come into play. Liverpool buy him say and loan him back to us until they want him as a first team starter. Salah, Mane and Firmino have been together for coming up for three seasons (?), another one might be its natural life span so a ready made replacement for one of them could suit Liverpool. Your feeling of £50M would suit us as supporters, would suit Messrs Gerrard and Wilson assuming a decent chunk of funds is made available for new players, would suit Alfie through bigger wage packet and a route into the top end of the EPL and give us him for another period.
Like you I have no evidence but it does have a certain ‘all parties win’ elegance.

Like you I have wondered if a Liverpool connection could come into play. Liverpool buy him say and loan him back to us until they want him as a first team starter. Salah, Mane and Firmino have been together for coming up for three seasons (?), another one might be its natural life span so a ready made replacement for one of them could suit Liverpool. Your feeling of £50M would suit us as supporters, would suit Messrs Gerrard and Wilson assuming a decent chunk of funds is made available for new players, would suit Alfie through bigger wage packet and a route into the top end of the EPL and give us him for another period.
Like you I have no evidence but it does have a certain ‘all parties win’ elegance.
Totally agree mate think there is a stronger link with Liverpool than being made public which I actually hope is the case .
Firmino is a quality player of that there is no doubt but I honestly believe Alfie has the quality and potential to fill his boots .

As i said we will see in January, I think it makes sense financially for us to sell him.
King has already committed to another 15m to cover so I’m not convinced we need the money.
We should start to see a normalisation in the figures in the next two years (hopefully next).

King has already committed to another 15m to cover so I’m not convinced we need the money.
We should start to see a normalisation in the figures in the next two years (hopefully next).

I think we will get good money for Morelos even in January and it will be hard to turn down he's turned it around this season and his goals in Europe will be what sells him.
We will see in January.

We had no bids in the summer. Gerrard is quoted on saying that. I think his discipline would have been the main factor in that though. Now that's changed we might see a few in january. Gerrards said hes going nowhere in january and ross Wilson said similar so if it does happen there could be problems between management and the board. If we are in touching distance of them in Jan he shouldn't be sold for anything. We will get the money in the summer anyway for him. So selling him is basically selling the league. It's not like his value will come down in the space of 5 months. He should be told hes not getting sold by any means in january but if an acceptable bid comes in the summer then we wont stand in his way. Hed leave with all our blessings with or without winning the league. If someones willing to treble his wages or even more then it's understandable hel want to leave. Roles reversed and me or you was playing with some columbian club we had no real attachment to and club x comes in and says il give you 4 times what your earning then we are off to get the money.
The point I was making mate was that folk were saying he would definitely be away in the summer.

Totally agree mate think there is a stronger link with Liverpool than being made public which I actually hope is the case .
Firmino is a quality player of that there is no doubt but I honestly believe Alfie has the quality and potential to fill his boots .
Would make a lot of sense think Alfie would compliment Mane and Salam and potentially bring out more of their game than Firmino does currently

I doubt anyone will bid £30m tbh.

Which is great news because we don't sell for less than that. He is worth more to us than to any of these sharks thinking they can rip us off for a superstar who is happy here.

In the summer though things will have moved on and who knows. £40m wouldn't surprise me at all

I think we will get good money for Morelos even in January and it will be hard to turn down he's turned it around this season and his goals in Europe will be what sells him.
We will see in January.

hopefully in the summer. We need to keep him till then.

I don't know how much he'll go for but FF will be raging because it'll be too little or the wrong time. I think we'll get £25m if he keeps up recent form. Too many on here complain we don't get good money when selling players, but we did when we had really good players. Boumsong,GvB,Cuellar, Hutton all went for decent money. I think we now have players who are valuable, but let's win things 1st.

Going by this thread what every the Club sell El Buffalo for it will not have been enough for some :))

Just the same as folk on here were saying he would definitely be away this summer?

Or that he’d down tools this season, or that he was not and never would be a natural goal scorer, or that he wasn’t as big a goal threat as Cumdog, or that he didn’t like the idea of competition and didn’t like Defoe (this was before he started running to Defoe after scoring and sitting next to him on all the squad bus rides and flights).

The only thing that is certain, is the same people talk shite time and again. But why people are desperate to talk down our best player is beyond me, especially in light of styrofoam hips going for £25m, aye he’s got experience of getting humped in the CL but generally attackers will still go for more.

if he and the team wins us 55 this season, he doesn't need to go anywhere...the financial rewards and football opportunities will be massive, the Manager will dictate the mood/transfer.

Going by this thread what every the Club sell El Buffalo for it will not have been enough for some :))
Well to be honest, it's true isn't it?

Whatever we do eventually sell him for, will be less than what he's worth simply because we play in Scotland. Wether we sell him for £30m or even £50m, whoever buys him in todays transfer market is getting an absolute steal at that price and ripping us off. Don't forget this is a time where we have 17 and 18 year olds going for mental money without ever proven it at a professional level. Just because it's huge money for us that we can't really turn down doesn't mean he isn't worth more generally speaking.

The important thing is getting a sell on fee because there's no doubt in my mind he will go for absolutely massive money at one point in his career once he gets the EPL/La Liga/Whatever tax added on. He's just too good.

Personally i reckon our manager will persuade Morelos to stay till summer for a better choice of teams
Probably go for twenty eight million approx with sell on fee

I still reckon a struggling Man United will come in for Alfie, and he won't turn that down. Don't rule out a £ 30-35 million bid from others either.

The discipline issues are no longer there, there was never a doubt about his ability to score goals. His ability to keep the head whilst scoring at a high level in Europe will bring in the high 20s. Scores the winner against them in the cup final and who knows what we can ask. He needs to get that off his back this season, he has to score against them.

Would make a lot of sense think Alfie would compliment Mane and Salam and potentially bring out more of their game than Firmino does currently
You got me wrong mate ,meant mane on the left Alfie in the middle and Salah on the right for our attempt at the champions league next year . lol obviously joking . Yes agree a very potent strike force for Liverpool

I don't understand people's incessant need to put a value on Morelos. I've got faith when the time comes King et al will get a price that reflects the awesomeness of The Buffalo.

I still reckon a struggling Man United will come in for Alfie, and he won't turn that down. Don't rule out a £ 30-35 million bid
I don't understand people's incessant need to put a value on Morelos. I've got faith when the time comes King et al will get a price that reflects the awesomeness of The Buffalo.

El buffalo will regret his move
Only 1 Glasgow rangers.
Only backwards when you leave the family.
Only makes sense to stay
Only ever be 55 ever mate

Last edited:
We don’t need the money from the Morelos sale.
This puts us in a very strong position as we can afford to turn down offers of £8m easily
Then turn down £20m bids as well
If someone came in with a bid of £25m that’s when it starts to get harder to turn down.
£30m and he’d be off I suspect as that’s a huge leap on the transfer record.
I don’t think other English teams value Scottish football high enough to bid £30m that’s the issue
If he was playing for Stoke he’d possibly go for £45m that’s the crazy world we live in

Back