Barry the tim apologist

Neither would Barry or myself. If I saw Alfie throw a bit of ankle tape into the crowd, I’d think anyone getting worked up about it was being daft too.

That’s all he’s saying.
If Alfie had picked the cup up that was thrown at him at Motherwell, they would have been demanding in the media that he was banned and possibly nicked.

They would have more than likely stated that you can't attack fans for throwing objects at players and not condemn players for doing the same to supporters.

But Griffiths is a victim!

If Alfie had picked the cup up that was thrown at him at Motherwell, they would have been demanding in the media that he was banned and possibly nicked.

They would have more than likely stated that you can't attack fans for throwing objects at players and not condemn players for doing the same to supporters.

But Griffiths is a victim!

Yeah. Probably. Would you agree with them? Or only if it was a Celtic player who did it?

That’s not what the article is about though, is it?

It’s about media pundits getting worked up over nothing incidents.

Maybe you would. Maybe.

I’d think at worst a bit of a word in the war from the gaffer to not be daft would suffice.

Would you refer to them as a Ned and demand action the way folk on here are acting towards Griffiths?

Would you agree with any pundit that called him a Ned for it or lambasted him in the media?

No, because none of our players have the same background as Griffiths.

So the action isn’t the point then? It’s not what they do, it’s their background that determines it.

interesting stance, certainly not one I’d take, but each to their own.

I get your frustration, but as I mentioned about the cup final, all the evidence was there in front of us. Where did it get us, mocked by the media. Cant ever remember players of any club being physically attacked on the pitch and then we have clowns like that arse stuart cosgrove who mixes his politics and football, trashing us and at the same time being paid by us.

I dont know how it works with bloggers, but cant there be a few who are savvy at this who can go on a constant attack being anonymous, just like was done to us.

I know how it would work.

A seriously pissed off bear, frustrated beyond belief at the anti Rangers bias and negligence of the club slashes one of these vermin.

Then we'd see how brave they are.

I'm not advocating violence, but you read stuff and you see where it could happen.

A yahoo from Blantyre was killed a few years ago, the rhags presented this as sectarian murder. Turns out it was his own kind who murdered him.

Ten year old get bottled by a yahoo scumbag. We are then treated to utter p1sh that a yahoo businessman put up a 10k bounty to get the yahoo bottler. How did that one go? That's if you believe there was a yahoo businessman putting up 10k to start with. I personally didn't.

And I've not even got to the tip of the iceberg far less the four fifths underneath.

Last edited:

Alfie has had more abuse aimed in his direction by supporters than Griffiths will ever have had in his career aswell as banners being made abusing his mother ,sectarian and racist abuse,objects thrown at at him and a media thats on a witch hunt against him...

He watched the Celtic game while checking our score? Bizarre.

that’s the bit that gets me in the article.

I get that he couldn’t say he blagged watch of the Rangers with a VPN but sack saying you watched that lot.

I genuinely can’t grasp Rangers fans watching them.

Yeah. Probably. Would you agree with them? Or only if it was a Celtic player who did it?

That’s not what the article is about though, is it?

It’s about media pundits getting worked up over nothing incidents.

Griffiths is a convicted racist and his behaviour the other night was a disgrace and yes, he behaved like a ned..Boyd has said nothing wrong regarding Griffiths and stated that if fans are being pulled up for behaving badly and throwing objects at players then so should Griffiths

The media has actually described those that have thrown objects at players as thugs or louts.

Maybe you would. Maybe.

I’d think at worst a bit of a word in the war from the gaffer to not be daft would suffice.

Would you refer to them as a Ned and demand action the way folk on here are acting towards Griffiths?

Would you agree with any pundit that called him a Ned for it or lambasted him in the media?
I’m struggling here.
Our player gets yellow carded for a fist pump from the middle of the pitch.
Another for blowing kisses.
Another for making a gesture and the same player probably being given same for another gesture.
The three players are from different countries.
Do you have any doubt that a Rangers player would be, at least, cautioned if he’d done what Griffiths did?

Maybe you would. Maybe.

Okay, I wanted to separate the questions I have here.
On calling him a ”Ned” Morelos was called plenty on here following various transgressions.
”Ned “ wasn’t one of them, as I recall, but the underlying implication that we don’t berate our players in the same way is absolutely wrong.
Barry Ferguson himself, was called a “Ned” and worse.
Do you remember the threads following a sending off against septic, and also his carry on at Cameron House and the Scotland game that followed?

I often wonder why BF doesnt have some kind of employment at Rangers.
Whether it be in hospitallity or even be a guest on RTV.

Hes up there in the "best players in Rangers history " bracket.

Is it because hes close to the Rangers hating press?

Maybe you would. Maybe.

Apologies, didn't mean this to be a different post.

On the question of the press attitude, I might have lost this in the debate but surely nobody can fail to see the difference in the reporting of these incidents.
Morelos has been portrayed as a lunatic, a madman, somebody in need of professional help, somebody with a behavioural disorder.
Then, having said all that, the criticism of this player continues.
Of the other player, it’s said that he has a mental disorder then, the same group of people refuse to be critical of this player and take the full 360 degree approach and protect him due to his mental state.
It’s not baffling, it is almost expected these days.

Last edited:
As I said before I have nothing against what he said. My disappointment was in the timing. If he thought the reaction to Alfie was over the top why wait until the Griffiths incident to say so.

Not totally controversial - just saying that this point scoring tit-for-tat is getting tiresome. But the only reason that its got so bad (much like the song issue) is because every little incident involving Rangers is inflated and distorted, whereas and Celtic Issues are downplayed and excused.

Back