Bassey looks the hungriest

He was tremendous tonight. I had real concerns about him playing there but he’s proved me wrong. Delighted for him.

I still don’t think he is a CB but going forward he should be our LB. I’m a massive Borna fan but he looks very one paced right now.

I’m not going to get over the top but he impacted that game. At one point he was wide left wanting to fling in a cross! I am convinced he is doing everything he can to stay in This team and frankly i think Borna is under pressure now

He’s fantastic, he could easily be a starter and he’s still so young. Always eager to impress and learn. Love the big man, one of my favourite young players.

He was excellent tonight, I can’t lie though, there were a few times I was asking myself ‘wtf is he doing out there?!’. Not sure that was tactical when he turned up on the left wing or stepped out into defensive mid!

100%.

This season it's not even a contest.

One is a tank, can run all day, powerful, loves the physical side of it etc. The other isn't/doesn't.
Totally agree. His crossing the ball is actually a bit better. Don’t know what’s happened Borna and Tavs crossing.

He's a fantastic prospect, but people on here need to stop the sugar and shite. He will make mistakes, but he is mustard.
The thread did start with a culinary reference.

Thought Bassey, Kamara and Morelos were the three standouts. Particulary Bassey as I was worried about him being defensively exposed, he was a rock though

It helped to have a left footed player as left sided centerback back cut down that fucking ball inside the left back.
He played well but I’m really not sure if he is a centre back .

He was an absolute pillar tonight.

Backed Borna to the hilt and I think it showed in BB’s performance also.

Superb Calvin :cool:
There was a point where he was in his usual attacking position on the left wing and BB was sitting back at the half way line.

I really liked that they could switch like that, and would be a complete nightmare for teams to defend against.

He needs to be our first choice left back going forward.

Solid tonight at CB but he's more suited out left.
Im more inclined to think he's play at lb for a few years and eventually be a CB. whether thats with us or not. He's definitely more comfortable on left just now but hes got the attributes to be a cb longer term

He was my MOTM thought he was immense. He made so many crucial tackles & blocks. He absolutely cruised it and shows he can play that position quite comfortably.

Back