Bassey looks the hungriest

100% Correct.

When Gerrard used to talk about being obsessed about being the best to get into the team then shoving your mates out the way to stay in the team, Bassey is the one player who I always feel takes that advice on board. Lots of rough edges to buff up but there's a jewel under there all right
He's desperate to do well and tries his heart out every chance he gets.

Looks like the one player desperate to impress. He is a powerhouse.
Love the big man.
He is definitely raw but I think he can become a really good player. He’s only 21, yet played 120 matches, most of them high level and is involved in the Nigeria squad, who are a very decent level.
He does make mistakes but he has the attributes to make it to the top.

Excellent performance from Calvin, boy's going to be a star.
On that performance, he keeps his place at CH.

I thought Borna had a solid game too, had to handle a lot of one on one's, but still made himself available, got down the line and played some good balls in.

We're in good shape with our full back options, both sides.

The lad was absolutely outstanding tonight. A powerhouse who savoured the occasion and gave it absolutely everything from the first to the last.

Said in the match thread that his positional discipline was non-existent, but it made for an entertaining watch as he covered every area and left it all out there.

Came off the pitch beaming and looked exactly how you want every player to after a European night at Ibrox.

Genuinely delighted for the boy as he’s getting lots of plaudits in the press conference interview and they’re well deserved.

Impressed with the big fella tonight, still think he's better at left back, but he's a cracking big player! Hard worker and bags of potential, could be a great player for us!!

Big Bassey was solid tonight was a bit worried seeing his name before game after the way he played in Prague but thankfully proved me wrong! B-)

I think that was the best thing about it. Against the same team weeks ago he was brutal, but he learned from it & with Gio’s direction massively improved DJ.

I think that was the best thing about it. Against the same team weeks ago he was brutal, but he learned from it & with Gio’s direction massively improved DJ.
Yeah i had Kamara MOTM but think Bassey deserved it too.

A lot of tough games coming up hopefully can keep a level of consistency till big Fil gets back.

Yeah i had Kamara MOTM but think Bassey deserved it too.

A lot of tough games coming up hopefully can keep a level of consistency till big Fil gets back.

Funny.

I was between them both. Bassey first half, Glen second half. I just went Bassey eventually because he’s a kid & was playing out of position lol

He was great tonight… but did he head the ball at some point… I’ll gladly be corrected lol .. It’s not a criticism of the player, but he’s playing centre half and I don’t remember him having a header..

He was great tonight… but did he head the ball at some point… I’ll gladly be corrected lol .. It’s not a criticism of the player, but he’s playing centre half and I don’t remember him having a header..

He did win a couple of headers, and sent them in the right direction.
We remarked on it, as it was a pre game concern :)

Excellent performance from Calvin, boy's going to be a star.
On that performance, he keeps his place at CH.

I thought Borna had a solid game too, had to handle a lot of one on one's, but still made himself available, got down the line and played some good balls in.

We're in good shape with our full back options, both sides.

Agree BB, Borna gave it everything tonight & was more like the Borna we’ve grown to love.

Build like a Tank and plays with great enthusiasm, also seems very keen to learn and improve which no doubt he will with Gio.

Fair play to Gerrard for recognising the potential and bringing him to Rangers but I think Gio and his team are really going to get the best out of him.

Was brilliant last night and let’s be honest his attitude has always been spot on, and he has never hid, even in the very few games when he has had a bad game.
Wish we had 11 Calvin basseys tbh, a lad who just wants to go and play football.

Goldson was decent last night which helped the young man he talked him through the game. The young man has talent just needs coached he's an absolute unit if only he had heading abilities like katic then we would have a superstar imo

Back