Bathgate Pyramids off the M8

Traffic slowed down around this area this morning, I thought there had been a crash but probably just bears taking pictures.
Absolutely wonderful and we'll played there is a 55 flag on each of the pyramids.

seen someone’s video driving past, looks like 55 on the first one but flags on the rest.

That takes me back. Used to go through from Edinburgh to Glasgow every Sunday when I was wee to visit the grandparents in Nitshill and Easterhouse. We would pass those pyramids and I loved them!

What are they???!

It’s a piece of art in a sheep field. From memory there are 7 pyramids? Probably a good 10 years since I’ve drove by them.

My sister used to work for Motorola, the factory is just behind them, I think they paid to get them put in.

Superb. This is the kind of thing we should be seeing more of. Gets it up the haters and is done in a covid friendly that can't be demonised

That's brilliant.

Wee bit of info regarding the "Pyramids"

When they were first built they cost approximately £280,000.
The material they used to build then was the dirt that was dug out from the foundations to build Motorola.
They commissioned and "Artist" (hence the hefty price) to come up with an Idea on how to make the piles of dirt look attractive from the motorway.

The original name of the piece of work was the "Saw" as it is meant to resemble saw teeth.

Can’t post pictures but the Bathgate bears have been busy, squad photos in posters attached to lampposts going through Bathgate. Well done to all involved.

Some p[eople have incredible imagination!

I always assumed they were an artistic solution to a sound barrier but who knows!

Back