Bathgate Pyramids off the M8

Mission accomplished. Keep up the good work. The Ptolemy Loyal. The sons of William, the daughter of Isis.

That's brilliant.

Wee bit of info regarding the "Pyramids"

When they were first built they cost approximately £280,000.
The material they used to build then was the dirt that was dug out from the foundations to build Motorola.
They commissioned and "Artist" (hence the hefty price) to come up with an Idea on how to make the piles of dirt look attractive from the motorway.

The original name of the piece of work was the "Saw" as it is meant to resemble saw teeth.
Now I think about it they look like the M Motorola logo. MMMM. A bit.

Is this the same person/people that do the brilliant poppies that you see there?

Superb work whoever it is.

This display is now gone, 55 rubbed out and flags removed.
Why, was the owner getting hassled?

“Rangers fans delay key workers travel this morning including NHS staff, thus potentially disrupting vaccine roll out and extension to lockdown.”
Here you wouldn’t be far off with that comment. I seen that wee scud book Humza Yousef was saying nurses were scared to walk the streets on Sunday - honestly man these people!

Mate just messaged me and asked did i like him and his mates work:)
If you stay around about Bathgate or Blackburn, your lamposts are well decorated this morning.

Blackburn is full of mentally challengeds, so hopefully this is true.

Now I think about it they look like the M Motorola logo. MMMM. A bit.
The reason I knew that info, was due to me being employed as an Engineer at the factory. On the notice board it told you about the Artist who designed them. For the life of me I cannot remember the name, I think it was a female.
Quite a few workers question the cost of the project, stating that local community groups or charities would have been thankful for that amount of cash.
Apparently the cost to dispose of the dug out material would have been more, than the £280,000 for the project .

The reason I knew that info, was due to me being employed as an Engineer at the factory. On the notice board it told you about the Artist who designed them. For the life of me I cannot remember the name, I think it was a female.
Quite a few workers question the cost of the project, stating that local community groups or charities would have been thankful for that amount of cash.
Apparently the cost to dispose of the dug out material would have been more, than the £280,000 for the project .
me too!
they were supposed to represent the '5 sisters', local hills. iirc

and yes, they're emblazoned with poppies every year too...

That's brilliant.

Wee bit of info regarding the "Pyramids"

When they were first built they cost approximately £280,000.
The material they used to build then was the dirt that was dug out from the foundations to build Motorola.
They commissioned and "Artist" (hence the hefty price) to come up with an Idea on how to make the piles of dirt look attractive from the motorway.

The original name of the piece of work was the "Saw" as it is meant to resemble saw teeth.

Another little bit of info.. The artist would not allow any mechanical grass cutters on them. So the solution was to let the local farmer let his sheep graze on them, to keep them trimmed.

That is not what I read. The piece of art was called the Saw.
both right...
;) :))

The Pyramids are a land sculpture alongside the M8 motorway at Bathgate.

Originally named the "Sawtooth Ramps", it was sponsored by Motorola and formed part of the M8 Art Project.[1] The sculpture was created by artist Patricia Leighton in 1993. It is 1,000 feet (300 m) long and consists of seven 36-foot (11 m) high ramps made of earth and seeded with grass. The artist based the design on local geographic features (drumlins) and the shape of the surrounding bings.[2] Sheep are grazed on the structure which keeps the grass short. The pyramidal shape of the sculpture gave rise to the name of the nearby Pyramids Business Park.[1]

both right...
;) :))

The Pyramids are a land sculpture alongside the M8 motorway at Bathgate.

Originally named the "Sawtooth Ramps", it was sponsored by Motorola and formed part of the M8 Art Project.[1] The sculpture was created by artist Patricia Leighton in 1993. It is 1,000 feet (300 m) long and consists of seven 36-foot (11 m) high ramps made of earth and seeded with grass. The artist based the design on local geographic features (drumlins) and the shape of the surrounding bings.[2] Sheep are grazed on the structure which keeps the grass short. The pyramidal shape of the sculpture gave rise to the name of the nearby Pyramids Business Park.[1]
As the shop says "Every little Helps";):)):))

Left leaving for work this morning a tad tight. Stuck in said queue raging thinking just my luck I’m well late. Saw the pyramids and got the tunes on the rest of the way to Edinburgh. WATP

Back