Battle Fever

lukeyboy1

Official Ticketer
I’d say now that the next few weeks culminating in the match against them are now more crucial than ever, we have the chance for the first time in a while to pile the pressure on them and deal out a good few body blows that they may not recover from. There’s a good chance that we could be looking at popcorn teeth out on his ears by end of September, and them in utter disarray. Let’s get it done!

I’d say now that the next few weeks culminating in the match against them are now more crucial than ever, we have the chance for the first time in a while to pile the pressure on them and deal out a good few body blows that they may not recover from. There’s a good chance that we could be looking at popcorn teeth out on his ears by end of September, and them in utter disarray. Let’s get it done!
I’d rather he was there for the season. September would still give them turnaround time.

Any team having a go at them will get goals , history has shown us that TLB under pressure will soon manifest itself onto his team .

We proved last season that if you have a go at them they don't handle it very well. So get stuck in, don't allow them time to get comfortable on the ball and take your chances when you get them.

W.A.T.P.

I think it's like a mini season just now - massive European games culminating in a cup final against the scum. Winning them could be some launch pad for the rest of the season.

It's no difference in them getting punted out the CL at any other time. There's lots of bold claims and scenarios being made out each season that are similar, feel we need to calm it a bit and take it as it comes.

With the crowd on top of them at Ibrox as well as our team pressuring them, I am confident of a victory.

I'd like us to decimate them, properly send a message but 3 points is what is important.

I still think they will rack up victories in the SPFL.

TLB loves nothing more after a defeat to blame the players and deflect the attention from himself. However this wont work this time, far to many prima donnas in that team, the likes of Ntcham will looking for way out and hopefully causing a whole lot of grief while at it.

There are certain people in football who command respect. They can get the team going and hammer home the importance of what it takes to win the big trophies. And the players are in such awe of the manager that they don’t want to let them down. They’ll run through brick walls for the boss.

We’ve had Wallace, Souness and Smith do this for Rangers.

You’ve got to believe that Steven Gerrard is in that company. He is a winner with a winners mentality.

We are in safe hands with a manager and coaching staff who will know the importance of the disarray going on at the Knew Camp currently, and will be set to take advantage.

Can you just feel it Bears?

I commented on a thread a fortnight or so ago about these first 6 games on how 16 points would be minimum. I was of the opinion that December would be a massive month. Which I still think it will be. But there is, imo, even more of a chance for us to pile pressure on now. We get into the group stages, maintain a winning streak up to the old firm game and hopefully smash them. Us being in front and with their spending at a halt and confidence low, it would be hard to see them having the fight and guts to not take a massive blow to confidence and mentality.

I know they have won a treble treble and us nothing. But they have been in decline for a while now. Their championship winning team is being sold every window. Their confidence dropping and continuing to do so. Make no mistake that result last night was massive, for us. We have been strengthening and adding depth and look a far more rounded and hungrier team now. They will be doing the opposite. They haven't had this pressure for many a years now and will turn when the chips are down.

Let's make this count and continue to pile on the pressure and turn the screw right fooking in! Gerrard asked for the crowd to be at a maximum. Let's give them that and roar them on at every chance. Lets give them the confidence and backing that will spur them on. Let the house of cards fall.

Battle fever!? Aye Ready!

To 'have a go at them' as some suggested, you need the players of a certain quality. I believe that Rangers now have a team (still a work in progress) that now can go toe-to-toe with the bheasts and expect to win. Not to mention the presence of a far superior management team in the form of the excellent Steve Gerrard and his staff.

I'd say if Lennon loses the first OF game at Ibrox it would be curtains for him. Lawwell would have to do something to placate their fans who by then would be in full meltdown mode. Moyes, I suspect, would be his replacement - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if 'feelers' were already being extended in that direction.

My predictions of unrest among Lennon's African players has entered Phase One with the dropping of BoliBoli and Edouard facing a season of domestic football. They'll be in bits by September. Class.

Back