Battle of Britain VHS from 1993

Oranje

Is there a copy of this online anywhere, or does anyone have a digital copy of this. I used to have the VHS but unfortunately it has been lost in various moves and I don’t have a VHS anyway.

All i can find are highlights. But I’m looking for the VHS that documented the match as well as all the surrounding events.

Is there a copy of this online anywhere, or does anyone have a digital copy of this. I used to have the VHS but unfortunately it has been lost in various moves and I don’t have a VHS anyway.

All i can find are highlights. But I’m looking for the VHS that documented the match as well as all the surrounding events.
I've still got my VHS copy of it, you can have it if it's any use, maybe someone can convert it to digital.
If not maybe ask Stephen Millar the guy who does Rangers Archives on Facebook, he posts on here I'm sure. @Rangers Archive Footage maybe?

Is this what you're looking for mate?
Part 1:

Part 2:

I look at this every now and then and the Commentator is Gerry McNee. Its fine but the better one is with Brian Moore commentating and his summeriser is Ron Atkinson. Big Ron is spitting feathers so much so Brian Moore has to put him straight. I'm sure Moore told him wee Durranty had ran both ties.

I look at this every now and then and the Commentator is Gerry McNee. Its fine but the better one is with Brian Moore commentating and his summeriser is Ron Atkinson. Big Ron is spitting feathers so much so Brian Moore has to put him straight. I'm sure Moore told him wee Durranty had ran both ties.

Got a link?

I have both games on VHS, both with Brian Moore and Ron Atkinson commentating. I taped these games live at the time. I also have a vhs/dvd combo & can make dvd copies from the tapes but haven’t bothered yet. The tapes still play fine

I still had the original recording from when my dad taped the game back then up until recently. The quality wasn’t great. Some difference comparing it to today!

From memory it is big Ron who’s raving about Durrants slide rule passing. He was very complimentary of our players. Taped it from Ulster TV.

Our euro run highlights were on the 5 in a row video if my memory serves me.
Watched that section till the tape was worn thin.
Classic stuff we are unlikely to ever see again.
Scottish champions beating English counterparts home and away.

I have both games on VHS, both with Brian Moore and Ron Atkinson commentating. I taped these games live at the time. I also have a vhs/dvd combo & can make dvd copies from the tapes but haven’t bothered yet. The tapes still play fine

The home game wasn’t live , it was shown 1 hr after the game finished , remember thinking that I would go out and not think about checking result and just watch at 10 pm , couldn't even last 5 mins

I’ve never seen this. Superb, thanks for posting.

Travelled to Irvine for the home game so we could watch it on tv, I think it was NI BBC the hotel picked up.

Big Ron Atkinson, you could hear the disappointment in his voice about 20 mins from the end in the second leg as it set in Leeds were going out. "Rangers are just toying with Leeds now and how will they cope in the group stages". In fairness Big Ron was one of our biggest cheerleaders in the group stage and was always willing us on. Even in 2008 Jim Beglin and Andy Townsend both former ROI players were always raving about us and willing us on.

The home game wasn’t live , it was shown 1 hr after the game finished , remember thinking that I would go out and not think about checking result and just watch at 10 pm , couldn't even last 5 mins

It was definitely live on ITV England, where the tv signal in Dumfries at the time came from. Maybe STV was different but I defo recorded the first leg live

It was definitely live on ITV England, where the tv signal in Dumfries at the time came from. Maybe STV was different but I defo recorded the first leg live

the game couldn’t be shown live in Scotland as Hearts were playing Standard Liege that same night, it was live throughout the rest of the UK ( and for those who could get the ITV signal) the second leg was live everywhere.

Me and one of my mates were sitting talking about this game one night (in about 1997 or thereabouts), and we were that excited talking about it we went and rented it from Blockbuster in Partick so that we could watch it again, and we sat and watched it all as if it was live and cheered all the way through it.
We were a bit pissed, but it was still an excellent night's viewing.

When GaryMac hits his shot I’m right in line in the CF and you can see me put my head in my hands even before the ball is in the net. What a game from there.

I watched the away game with boys who’d slagged me all the time that the Ibrox result was a fluke and Leeds would run amok at Elland Road. You can imagine their faces when big Mark near took the net clean off the pegs. By the time Ally scored they were admitting the better team was going through. One of the many highlights of being a Bear.

I was at the home game, the atmosphere that night was unbelievable. When Gary Mac scored the whole ground went silent for a minute or so and then we started up again. We really were the twelfth man that night as Leeds were a really good side. The half time whistle came too soon as we were well on top at that point, battering them. I think we ran out of steam a little in the second half or we could have scored more.

Back