Bayern Left Back Last Night - Alphonso Davies

Scotty arfield is his Canada captain. Have a word Scotty

They've another young guy, 20 year old called Jonathan David that plays as a forward for Gent that looks good as well, already linked to the likes of Arsenal & Dortmund. Talking over £20M for him already too.

Canada look like they have a extremely promising team on their hands, they have a really good chance of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup (would only be their second, first was in 1986).

Arfield will be 34 by then, hopefully if it does happen he’ll be the one captaining them!

Guy ripped Chelsea apart, brilliant, although Chelsea's defending was awful.
I think we could convert Glen Middleton into a left wing / full back, great engine, flying machine, delivery and finisher.
Might be worth a try?

I think we could convert Glen Middleton into a left wing / full back, great engine, flying machine, delivery and finisher.
Might be worth a try?

have we still got him ?

Might be worth a try?
mightbe able to use his pace better from there. quite a common move for young wingers these days.

What annoys me is that if a German club could scout the lad in Canada, why couldn't a Scottish club (Rangers)? Canada has a huge number of people with direct Scottish connections.

I've wondered for a while now why Bayern were playing him at LB and playing Alaba at CB as I always thought Alaba was the hotshot LB at Bayern.

After watching the game last night I quickly realised why. That kid is some talent!

Might be worth a try?
I've been thinking about that this season. Wingers who don't develop the attacking skills required for a top end winger, can thrive as attacking fullbacks, if they learn the defensive side of the game.

He has a good cross and is quite direct, in his dribbling. From a deeper starting position his biggest criticism about hitting the ball around the defender and running, actually works very well. He is also very well build for his height.

Might be worth a try?
I’d prefer Aribo, if Borna isn’t fit. Gives Joe the space to gather momentum, and receive 1-2s to bypass the midfield.

I've been thinking about that this season. Wingers who don't develop the attacking skills required for a top end winger, can thrive as attacking fullbacks, if they learn the defensive side of the game.

He has a good cross and is quite direct, in his dribbling. From a deeper starting position his biggest criticism about hitting the ball around the defender and running, actually works very well. He is also very well build for his height.

Great work ethic and aggressive too.
Hopefully our management team is considering this, as I think Middleton has a big future.

Looked a great prospect when watching Arfield for Canada at the Fold Cup in the summer, sadly a Google search at the time showed he was already at a global superclub.
* See that he moved for an MLS record sale of $22m!!!

I’d prefer Aribo, if Borna isn’t fit. Gives Joe the space to gather momentum, and receive 1-2s to bypass the midfield.

I'd play Aribo further forward, Borna or Middleton at left wing ack. Aribo is brilliant in tight spaces, can play the overlapping full back in.

Canada look like they have a extremely promising team on their hands, they have a really good chance of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup (would only be their second, first was in 1986).

Arfield will be 34 by then, hopefully if it does happen he’ll be the one captaining them!
You wonder why a country like canada can produce these players but scotland cant and football isnt even the number 1 sport in canada

Great talent and even better its not another thread about Gilmour warming the bench again.

I had a ST for the Vancouver Whitecaps for years. Watched him week in week out. Previously posted on here years ago that he was a player and Rangers should take a look at him.

Back