Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Stewart

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
V51ra7i.png

Honestly? Meh. No injuries please and an encouraging performance.

We aren't going through, barring a glorious miracle or the greatest European performance for decades.

Europe is crucial, financially and prestige-wise, the upcoming qualifiers and (hopefully) Group Stage is massive, don't get me wrong.

But this is little more than a bonus and a souped-up friendly now.

I'm going to be negative on this thread and my prediction is rangers 3 Bayern L 0.

I was going for 6-0 but Alfie might need a rest

I cant see us overturning this but a couple of things may be to our advantage. They haven't kicked a baw in weeks, empty stadium and if we can snare a lead at half time you never know.

Have a feeling we'll win but fall a bit short. The third goal at Ibrox changed the tie. 2-1 and I reckon we could have progressed. Going for 2-1the Bears. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!

Leverkusen got a few first team players out, think we could get a result here, maybe not enough to get us through though unfortunately.

1-0 to us at half time.
We rip them apart in the second half to go through to the next round.
Sore heads all round on Friday morning. :cool:

Mon the Gers, give us hope with an early goal and a good performance.

Tie has probably been already decided, but we are still alive and kicking.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Havertz will be playing tomorrow as far as Leverkusen manager Peter Bosz is concerned. It sounds like they're taking no chances in terms of leaving anyone (let alone Havertz) out:

'"I will answer these questions [about Havertz] very shortly," Bosz told a pre-match news conference.

"Yes, he will play and yes I'm convinced he's 100 per cent still fighting for Leverkusen."

"We can only win the tournament if we win against Rangers. It doesn't make any sense to dream ahead to the upcoming matches," he added.

"I've tried to convey this to the players that they see it that way.

"We want to progress. If I need players tomorrow who may be at risk of being suspended, they will still play. Our focus is only on progressing."

Anyone found a deal for BT Sport? Only thing I can see is the monthly pass for £25. Thanks!

Some Leverkusen team news:

Demirbay (suspended), Weiser (suspended) and Bellarabi (injured), three players who started the first leg, are out. Two more talented players in Amiri (withdrawn from the squad as a COVID19 precaution) and Paulinho (injured) also won't feature.

The injuries and suspensions, along with the fact that they don't appear to have played a match (competitive or otherwise) since the 4-2 *** Pokal final loss to Bayern on the 4th of July, make for positive reading.

The loss of Bellarabi and Weiser means that they will - in all likelihood - line up in the same 4-2-3-1 as the Pokal final defeat. Sven Bender will easily slot in at RB, with Moussa Diaby switching from the left wing to the right. Leon Bailey, who came off the bench to make it 3-1 in March, will start on the left. Baumgartlinger - also a sub at Ibrox - will play alongside Aranguiz in CM.

I’m going for a dreamy 3-0 victory to put us through. Only because we can only dream of going a step further in the extraordinary European campaign we have had.
The reality will probably be a scudding but an encouraging performance as well as a couple of goals will set us up for this seasons qualifiers and stand us in good stead for another successful run in the tournament.

A lot of hope in this thread. I’m no different. In at half time 2 up and take the game late on

Leverkusen 0 - 3 Rangers
Morelos (30,42)
Kent (82)

Mon The Rangers

An early Rangers goal makes the tie interesting.

See if Polster and not fucked about, we'd be in with a real shot after every thing that has gone on in the world.

Reactions: cav
Anyone found a deal for BT Sport? Only thing I can see is the monthly pass for £25. Thanks!

Curious about this myself. Been checking if there's a Now TV trial that'd maybe cover this game as a one off.

Don’t we stand to get about 500,000 euros if we win, even if it isn’t by enough to progress?

Curious about this myself. Been checking if there's a Now TV trial that'd maybe cover this game as a one off.

Don't think NowTV has BT Sport, does it?

1-1 draw, decent performance is my prediction. They are a level above us.

I think we can win this match, unfortunately think the last minute goal at Ibrox means we won’t go through.

Not getting carried away but I think we are going to do this. Morelos to sign off with a goal and a VAR red card. Only fitting.

Back