Bayern Munich v Madrid

Let's not forget the changes he made to that squad though in his first season...

Also, Zidane inherited an unbelievable squad. Did he actually sign anyone of note in his first season?

It's silly to even compare Zidane to Mourinho or Guardiola IMO - especially Mourinho. He won the CL with Porto and Inter.
I agree it’s hard to compare Zidane to Mourinho. Zidane has only been in management for 3 years. For Mourinho to win with Porto in particular was a big deal. I do think timing helped in that most of the big clubs had transitional periods or ageing teams, the galactico era was coming to an end, Man Utd’s side were in a changing period, Barcelona were nothing like they are now and Bayern had an ageing team.

The final of Porto v Monaco is probably the last with none of the bigger sides in it.

I also think Zidane may not manage elsewhere. I think Real is his club now. Perhaps I could be wrong?

Ronaldo is a big game player, no doubt about it. He has delivered consistently at this level for almost 15 years.

In a one off game anything can happen but Madrid would obviously start favourites and they have been over the course before.
You just sense he will deliver on the night. Probably a great header and then a penalty.....or two !

You just sense he will deliver on the night. Probably a great header and then a penalty.....or two !
He has the ability to do nothing in a game (other than bemoan his colleagues for not passing) and then produce the spectacular. If Liverpool do make the final, he is the biggest threat.

He has the ability to do nothing in a game (other than bemoan his colleagues for not passing) and then produce the spectacular. If Liverpool do make the final, he is the biggest threat.
Liverpool's vulnerability to defensive lapses such as we saw in the West Brom game and during the last 15 min. against Roma, is something that Ronaldo could well exploit. If it is to be Liverpool v Real in the final, the only thing that could stop Liverpool - aside from the aforementioned and perhaps inexperience at the highest level - would be the capacity of Ronaldo to produce match-wining moments of genius.

Back