BBC Bias

LOL 133

Have a look at the New Culture Forum to get an idea of how BBC bias affects public opinion. Although the programme doesnt mention Rangers you can imagine how the BBC's biased views have an impact on our club and fans.

I meant to add the programme is on youtube. Its called "Heresies".

Last edited:
BBC Northern Ireland embraces their culture quite openly.

BBC Scotland we get BBC Alba where they speak a funny language less than 5% of the population can speak and show things like Pipe Band Championships when there's considerably more folk in Scotland in flute/accordian bands and lodges. That's as much our culture as anyone's on a national level yet we're demonised and treated like an under-class in Scotland.

That there alone should give anyone the proof they need that (I can't even say the word because of filters) have themselves and their placemen in positions of such importance all over Scotland in TV, media, the Public and Government that it's designed to keep it that way.
Any evidence to back this up? I'm a piper btw

There's about 60 Pipe Bands listed for Scotland.

There's probably a similar amount of Flute Bands alone across the Strathclyde region including Lanarkshire alone.

It obviously doesn't tell you how many members are in each one but I think it's fair if you want to make a comparison numbers per head in most of the bands on average won't be too much of a difference with some exceptions.

and that's before getting started on all the other bands throughout Scotland and all the lodges.

It's not a competition. It's an observation.

"Its not a competition". The wife tends to say this when we're arguing about something. I respond by saying, "its just as well cos Im winning".

There's about 60 Pipe Bands listed for Scotland.

There's probably a similar amount of Flute Bands across the Strathclyde region including Lanarkshire alone.

It obviously doesn't tell you how many members are in each one but I think it's fair if you want to make a comparison numbers per head in most of the bands on average won't be too much of a difference with some exceptions.

and that's before getting started on all the other bands throughout Scotland and all the lodges.

It's not a competition. It's an observation.

There are a lot more than 60 pipe bands in Scotland. Many organisations have 2/3 bands at different grades as well. That list has many bands in existence not listed, and also some bands listed there who are not in operation any longer too.

There are army bands too, not listed there either.

The last band I played with had 25 pipers on the books and around 15 drummers. Some bands have more than that to give you an idea of the numbers.

I'm not sure whether you are correct or not. Don't think it'll be easily proven either.

The BBC is there to entertain and amuse its own institutional political world view. Middle class, left wing nonsense, from documentaries, drama to " comedy ". It does not reflect the views and opinions of huge swathes of the British people, who they openly despise. It still hasn't got over Brexit, and probably never will. It is obsessed with diversity, but diversity of opinion is rarely seen or heard.

The big walk in Glasgow alone there's anywhere in the region between 13-15 thousand participants including the lodges. Could you honestly say there's them sorts of participant numbers in any Pipe Band competitions for example? obviously shave a wee bit off that total for folk that come over to parade from Northern Ireland.

There's bands who have numbers like that too in Scotland as well as smaller bands with less numbers so it's all relative.

I don't think it has to be proven IMO it's pretty obvious what scene has more participants but I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time.
Yes I would say so.

I'd love to see a loyalist pipe band here in Scotland, but I understand the reason flute is predominant is that they are the cheapest instrument?

The big walk in Glasgow alone there's anywhere in the region between 13-15 thousand participants including the lodges. Could you honestly say there's them sorts of participant numbers in any Pipe Band competitions for example? obviously shave a wee bit off that total for folk that come over to parade from Northern Ireland.

There's bands who have numbers like that too in Scotland as well as smaller bands with less numbers so it's all relative.

I don't think it has to be proven IMO it's pretty obvious what scene has more participants but I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time.

The World Pipe Band Championships attract around 100,000 to the event over the week at Glasgow Green

BBC Scotland we get BBC Alba where they speak a funny language less than 5% of the population can speak and show things like Pipe Band Championships when there's considerably more folk in Scotland in flute/accordian bands and lodges. That's as much our culture as anyone's on a national level yet we're demonised and treated like an under-class in Scotland.

That there alone should give anyone the proof they need that (I can't even say the word because of filters) have themselves and their placemen in positions of such importance all over Scotland in TV, media, the Public and Government that it's designed to keep it that way.
Calling Gaelic a funny language isn’t the best start to your argument.

Calling Gaelic a funny language isn’t the best start to your argument.
Agreed it makes the argument look futile ,

However the language is spoken by such a Tiny tiny amount of people in terms of numbers and of percentage yet the SNP spent millions on changing road signs , emergency services lettering public documents and much more when the money should have been used to for example education the nhs or our roads

lol well I try not to argue on the internet anymore because there's no real winner - just folks with different opinions.

If I say something I thinks a bit contentious, sometimes I won't even bother reading the replies via my notifications because it will take up too much time and I'll end up making loads of wee cyber enemies.

Sometimes it's better just to say your bit and let others argue over it if it's an issue.

Excellent advice.

However the language is spoken by such a Tiny tiny amount of people in terms of numbers and of percentage yet the SNP spent millions on changing road signs , emergency services lettering public documents and much more when the money should have been used to for example education the nhs or our roads
She gets all her brilliant ideas from the Welsh and Irish Nationalists the whole SNP party haven't an original thought amongst them . I see her behaviour as hopefully a parting shot....

Is Gaelic spoken in Scotland by more people than French or Polish?

I think that Gaelic is a language that will die out if something isn't done about it to keep it going, but its not something that should be imposed on people because that breeds resentment it should be on an opt in basis, as far as usefulness well personally it would be well down my list, just a few rungs up from Latin.

The BBC is there to entertain and amuse its own institutional political world view. Middle class, left wing nonsense, from documentaries, drama to " comedy ". It does not reflect the views and opinions of huge swathes of the British people, who they openly despise. It still hasn't got over Brexit, and probably never will. It is obsessed with diversity, but diversity of opinion is rarely seen or heard.
To be honest GB has not got over Brexit. Can't even get enough Lorry drivers to get petrol to the pumps or food to the supermarkets

I'm all for the preservation of the Gaelic language, but to try and make out like it's an ancient universal language of the whole of Scotland is wrong. It has only ever been spoken in certain parts.

I wouldn’t say BBC Alba really has any relevance to your point. The vast majority of Gaelic speakers are Presbyterian.

There are more people go to Ibrox every second week than speak the language in Scotland
I thought that.
No disrespect to Gaelic, but it never was a language that represented all of Scotland.
It has always been a fairly regional language and the harsh truth is, English in its more primitive forms has had a greater cultural and historical imprint on Scotland than any other language.
The SNP need to suck up historical truths.

I'm all for the preservation of the Gaelic language, but to try and make out like it's an ancient universal language of the whole of Scotland is wrong. It has only ever been spoken in certain parts.
Perhaps that view is mooted because Pictish died out with no written evidence apart from place names.

That being the case then Gaelic is the only ancient language of Scotland.

I thought that.
No disrespect to Gaelic, but it never was a language that represented all of Scotland.
It has always been a fairly regional language and the harsh truth is, English in its more primitive forms has had a greater cultural and historical imprint on Scotland than any other language.

The disproportionate investment in it is typical SNP

My primary school became the Glasgow centre for Gaelic studies in the late 80's early 90's and closed when the place in the West End opened...from being a school of nearly 450 pupils on average to less than 100 when they went in highlighted the path that the old place was going

Ten years ago there was a local Gaelic unit at a school here in Killie, and my neighbours two kids went to it.

However it comprised of two composite classes p1-4 and p5-7 - IMHO an absurd set up where you were essentially held back to the "entry" level for either three or four years

The kids' parents took them out of the school and put them into the mainstream nondenominational, which took a far bit of time for them to catch up

I thought that.
Goidelic and Brythonic were the main languages of Scotland for centuries. It's only through literacy that English left a larger imprint.

Back