BBC claims it is editorially fair.

ItsInTheNet

BBC Scotland has insisted its football coverage and analysis is editorially fair after Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson claimed the broadcaster "vilified" striker Alfredo Morelos.

Robertson appeared to suggest that incidents involving Rangers players are highlighted more than others on TV highlights show Sportscene and claimed the coverage was influencing decisions made by SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte.
Robertson also criticised the SFA's approach to "re-refereeing" games, a week after goalkeeper Allan McGregor became the first Rangers player to be hit with a retrospective ban this season. Eight other top-flight players have received punishment after matches.

Robertson's comments came amid an ongoing long-term disagreement between Rangers and the BBC.

He told Rangers TV: "We understand incidents are highlighted from all sorts of sources. The correlation with Sportscene is obviously very high.

"We, as a club, have our own issues with the BBC Scotland. BBC have refused to attend Ibrox since November 2015 - and the dispute has gone on much longer than that.
"They recently asked to come to Ibrox, but only to cover the matches. They would not be interviewing our manager and our players.

"Now, if they are treating us differently in that respect, are there other areas where they are also treating Rangers differently in terms of the incidents which we are seeing being highlighted at the weekend?

"You only have to look at the Alfredo Morelos incident in the Old Firm game, where they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time examining Alfredo's actions, but at no time at all did they look at any other actions from that game with the same scrutiny.
"Morelos was then effectively vilified for three weeks on various BBC platforms. So you have to question if they are treating us differently - they have confirmed in writing that they are treating us differently from every other Premiership club - where else are they treating us differently?"

After going into detail about Rangers' view of the stand-off with the broadcaster, Robertson added: "It is important the compliance officer isn't influenced unduly by Sportscene given that background. All we ever want from the BBC is to be treated fairly, in a balanced way and in an accurate way."

In a statement, BBC Scotland said: "The central part of this dispute is that Rangers is continuing to operate an exceptional ban of one of our journalists.
"We have offered to return to Ibrox to provide commentary, as per our contracted rights, while we try to find a permanent solution to the overall dispute, but Rangers have said this is unacceptable.

"Our coverage, including analysis and comment, is editorially fair.

"We will continue to speak to both Rangers and the SPFL about the situation as we believe it's in the best interest of our audiences to restore the ability to bring commentaries from all SPFL grounds."

This is what I’ve said they are entrenched and don’t care who knows .

It doesn’t matter what Rangers , Robertson or even King say . Whoever makes these calls at Pacific Quay will continue to do so with impunity while pointing and laughing at us .

After Robertson spoke yesterday I’ve made up my mind not to watch any of sportscene not even the goals , but the next step it cancel the tv licence fee . Fck them. I don’t need bbc Scotland , it’s utter shit anyway .

Any fairminded football fan, no mater the team they support, must surely see, if they are viewrs of Sportscene, that controversial incidents which benefit Rangers are dissected to the nth degree, and summarily Dumb and Dumber (Messrs Stewart & Thomson) will concluded that once again Rangers got a fodgy decision in their favour. ffs it is not even up for debate, our club is cleary treated differently by BBC Scotland, and not just by their Sports team.

Last edited:
BBC use their resources,paid for by us,to highlight anything they can use to get players banned,vilify the club and our support at every opportunity and they say they are fair. I wonder if even the most spiteful bigots of other teams actually believe them.BBC are liars and they know it.

How can the BBC be editorially fair when they admit that they are not giving Rangers the same coverage as other clubs?
The BBC are not a private company.
They are funded by the public and have a duty to that public to cover news and sports proportionally and fairly.
Rangers dispute with an individual employee of theirs should not interfere with that publically funded duty.
Surely?

Where was review of fostern 2 footed lunge? Remember Kiernan got sent off against them at almost same spot and was a straight red, that didn't get a mention neither did the oenalty incident on tv but on the web...

You could argue that the BBC have a point if it weren't for a couple of pesky facts,

a) Gollum was never banned, he had his press privileges revoked.

b) He no longer reports for BBC Scotland, he now reports for the BBC mother company.

Without wanting to get into too much of a tit for tat with them, a simple statement from us highlighting the above would surely end the 'argument'

Bbc Scotland is riddled with giggling mentally challenged bastards, who after leaving their state sponsored sectarian bigot factory went on to study English or politics at Glasgow university. There their bigotry and rancid hatred of Rangers was developed as they helplessly watched on as we won everything in sight. They then moved into their shitty wee jobs and worked their way through the ranks. Some became snp msps for Argyll and Bute whilst their pseudo intellectual knob end brothers took their place in the hierarchical hegemony of the corridors at Queen Margaret Drive.

They have created a cabal of Rangers hating journalists and surrounded themselves with like minded bigots. They sit laughing at their deeds whilst they handwring over their latest “gaff”. BBC Scotland should be fair to all it is clearly not. Unless corporate bbc uncovers their game I’m afraid we will forever be treated this badly.

I see no way forward when we are faced with such ingrained and institutional hatred.

We should simply back away from them and starve them of any further oxygen. Perhaps as we pass their darlings in the east and win 55 they will self destruct.

Or perhaps when Lawwell fucks off elsewhere we will have a chance of getting a fair crack of the whip.

Stewart Robertson’s points are valid but I’m afraid Stewart wants to play fairly but I am sad to say that he is underestimating the extent to which they have stacked the odds against us.

They are lieing,outright barefaced lies,Skeletor has had his press privileges removed,nothing more,nothing less. He is welcome to attend Ibrox by buying entry the same as the rest of us or send a different reporter who's press privileges have not been revoked,SIMPLES!!

This argument should be easy to disprove. Look at the previous weeks editions of Sprotscene & them make a list for us & then a list for everybody else...….simples!

Bbc Scotland is riddled with giggling mentally challenged bastards, who after leaving their state sponsored sectarian bigot factory went on to study English or politics at Glasgow university. There their bigotry and rancid hatred of Rangers was developed as they helplessly watched on as we won everything in sight. They then moved into their shitty wee jobs and worked their way through the ranks. Some became snp msps for Argyll and Bute whilst their pseudo intellectual knob end brothers took their place in the hierarchical hegemony of the corridors at Queen Margaret Drive.

They have created a cabal of Rangers hating journalists and surrounded themselves with like minded bigots. They sit laughing at their deeds whilst they handwring over their latest “gaff”. BBC Scotland should be fair to all it is clearly not. Unless corporate bbc uncovers their game I’m afraid we will forever be treated this badly.

I see no way forward when we are faced with such ingrained and institutional hatred.

We should simply back away from them and starve them of any further oxygen. Perhaps as we pass their darlings in the east and win 55 they will self destruct.

Or perhaps when Lawwell fucks off elsewhere we will have a chance of getting a fair crack of the whip.

Stewart Robertson’s points are valid but I’m afraid Stewart wants to play fairly but I am sad to say that he is underestimating the extent to which they have stacked the odds against us.
Who are these people, do we have any names of who is pulling the strings within BBC Scotland?

What is fair about leaving coverage of Scott Brown's "tackle" against Hibs on the cutting room floor?

BBC = Liars
They decided to highlight it after the compliance officer had said it had been dealt with and no further action would be taken. It's so utterly transparent.

How can the BBC be editorially fair when they admit that they are not giving Rangers the same coverage as other clubs?
The BBC are not a private company.
They are funded by the public and have a duty to that public to cover news and sports proportionally and fairly.
Rangers dispute with an individual employee of theirs should not interfere with that publically funded duty.
Surely?
Every game we have played the Scum they have broadcast it,all being it's not from the ground but why is it they can go the extra length for the Scum games.As a public broadcaster if they are doing this for one game they should be doing it for all,and if not what is the reason for only broadcasting games from Ibrox that involve Celtic.

33le5nm.gif

This is why I said on another thread that I would like to see Rangers making all correspondence with the BBC available for public viewing.

Let us see all of our legitimate complaints against the BBC including the history we have had with Chris McLaughlin and how they responded. If we get no satisfaction from BBC Scotland, we as a club must demand this is sent up to their bosses in London.

I am not sure whether the nation at large know about this ludicrous stance that BBC Scotland are taking. Similar reasoned statements as Stewart Robertson gave yesterday must continue in the future to show BBC Scotland that they are not fair in their editorial and media reporting of Rangers.

Anyone fairminded football fan, no mater the team they support, must surely see, if they are viewrs of Sportscene, that controversial incidents which benefit Rangers are dissected to the nth degree, and summarily Dumb and Dumber (Messrs Stewart & Thomson) will concluded that once again Rangers got a fodgy decision in their favour. ffs it is not even up for debate, our club is cleary treated differently by BBC Scotland, and not just by their Sports team.

Fair minded football fans are few and far between in this country and where we are the club involved they are all but extinct.

This is the reality of the situation and it cannot be changed, at least not in the short to mid term.

We are viewed as pariahs in our own country.

BBC Scotland can go do one. We don't need them anywhere near Ibrox, although I do have sympathy for bears that can only get mainstream TV for football coverage.
That programme is dross now, can't believe I used to run home to catch it. Pale imitation of the programme it was,just looks cheap from the anchorman and "pundits", that's a laugh to the 5 minute highlights. Far better in YT.

BBC Scotland lying again that MacLauchlin is banned - he only had his press privileges revoked.

On the other hand I thought he was banned by Celtic a while back, but BBC Scotland didn’t spit the dummy at that.

The club need to respond saying that McLaughlin is more than welcome to enter Ibrox as a paying customer just not in a journalistic capacity because he is a lying rat who can’t be trusted.

I would say their denial is as credible as that of an 8 year old boy whose face is covered in chocolate denying he ate his sister's cream egg

Like it but we all know that everyone who is not a Bear believes that the club is in the wrong and that we, both the club and support, are being paranoid in our insistence that the BBC treat us either differently and/or unfairly.

Back