BBC incredibly negative on Roofe’s goal

I don’t really see it as being that negative tbh? They have called it a wonder strike / stunning strike and compared it to be longer than the collosseum and the tower bridge.

Christ even Michael Stewart and Sutton are praising it.

They would be foolish to try and belittle that goal

Can’t help themselves.All because it wasn’t an English team and wasn’t one of their galacticos.Fu*k em as bad as this mob up here.So up their own arse it’s embarrassing

Sorry but am not reading that as a negative

It’s certainly not glowing and it’s casting doubt on the manager.
They are cvnts and that’s been polite. It’s not just the scoring of the goal it’s the build up and the way he ran, controlled the ball,shrugged of the opponent’s and then had the vision to shoot from his own half. Absolutely tremendous.

Beckham's freekick against Greece ffs :D

The Zlatan one is the only one there you could make an argument that's better.
It's a personal choice. As soon as it hit the net my son turned to me and said, "Dad, that's the best goal I've ever seen'. I agreed with him, it's one of the best I've ever seen. Sure there are great goals from various years that someone might see after pointing you to them. But watching a game and as it happened. I can't think of a better one off the top of my head.

Remember, Gerard specifically said the best he's seen live with his own eyes.

They obviously decided they wanted 5 alternatives of goals that Gerrard has witnessed to offer up as alternatives. They should have kept it to 3 because it's scraping the barrell to put Beckham's free kick in there. Levels below Roofe's goal.

Why do they have a poll, or debating the issue?
It was Stevies personal opinion.
There may be friction because of the lack of contact between our club and them ( caused by their own behaviour) but why can't they just report facts without having a snip at our manager..

They use “stunning” and “wonder goal” what’s the problem? The “debate” is just to get hits obviously

They just showed Roofe's goal on channel 9 Melbourne Australia.
That would have stuck in Eddie McGuires throat Collingwood CEO and schumtic Rsole who hosts who wants to be a millionaire and loves to push his agenda.
Worldwide coverage it's good to see. :))

Written by the English BBC...stand down everyone.
It not being scored for an English top 4 side by some Fancy-Dan Spanish or South American player in their all conquering Premier League or Champions League will have some people talk it down.

A Rangers player scoring that in the “Thursday Cup”? They won’t be having that.

Their match report was a load of blinkered pish too. From the introduction:
The Ibrox club rode their luck at times ... Jackson Muleka twice headed against the bar in the first half

It's only much deeper in the article that they grudgingly admit:
the Congolese international had a second effort - which appeared to strike his hand

Reactions: fmp
Zlatan v England is the only one that comes into the same hemisphere as Roofe.

To suggest Beckham’s free kick v Greece is better is laughable

What am I missing in that article?

I don't see much wrong with it and certainly noing I would describe as "incredibly negative".
It appears to cast doubt on the manager’s assessment of the goal.They seem to be able to make even a magic goal seem mediocre.Fu*k em won’t take the shine of what was a brilliant result against a very good team.

Latest posts

Back