BBC- Martindale for manager of the year award. (I'll crack the jokes)

If we go unbeaten and the gaffer doesn't get it, it only confirms what we already suspect.

%^*& it anyway, one bit of metal that matters and we have a hand on it.

It would be absolutely classic Scottish football if this guy's awarded manager of the year and at the same time deemed to not be a fit & proper person to actually manage in our footballing backwater.

At the end of the season if somehow we’ve let it slip but Livingston finish high up the table, given the resources they have and how they started, it may well be that a case can be made for Martindale...but as things stand, with our record and the fact he’s only been in charge for a handful of months, it’s an utterly ludicrous argument.

Last edited:
Remember 2007-08?

Walter Smith took Rangers to 2nd in the league (would have been first if Celtic hadn’t pretended to have a trip to Japan and shamelessly abused the death of Phil O’Donnell), won the Scottish Cup, the League Cup and reached a European final on a shoestring budget.

Manager of the year? Step forward Billy Reid of Hamilton Accies!

Would it really though? Are you forgetting how petty the sports journalists can be in this country?

As others have said, if/when the league trophy is sat in our trophy room, hopefully alongside the Scottish cup, are any fans going to give a f**k? Personally, I'd just laugh about it.
I don't think pettiness comes into it. They're all mentally challengeds.

Are they reporting he was denied a victory over Celtic due to as blatant an offside goal as you will see combined with being denied a penalty that should also have resulted in another red card ?

Don’t have much ill will towards the guy. Seems to be getting results. %^*& the bbc though a pathetic cabal of bitter separately schooled Glasgow university graduated small minded wee boys. %^*& them.

If Livingston win the League Cup then he is a serious contender. Scottish Cup still to go so if a wee team wins that then their manager will also be a serious contender along with Steven Gerrard. Quite amazing he has gone 11 games without a defeat.

Hamilton manager got it in 2008 these awards don’t reflect on anything who g*ves a %^*& I’m sure the only thing Gerrard wants is trophies for the club.

He's doing a good job but it surely has to depend on how he's getting on at the end of the season. He's hardly been their long enough to earn that kind of praise. Also, isn't there a chance he'll be kicked out if the utterly corrupt SFA find him to be unfit?

Since he took over they have had a fantastic run on paper, 6 league wins, success against Hibs and Dundee Utd, the other 4 were teams in the bottom 6.
As much praise as they got they didn't beat Celtic in 2 attempts.
They have had a charmed run in the League Cup. Before yesterday they defeated Ross County, Ayr Utd, Airdrie and Stenhousemuir.
Just pointing out the realism here as people getting carried away with lazy BBC journalism.

Gerrard could possibly create an all time points total in Scottish football top flight history.
Massive difference here.

You have to consider him if Livi were to win the League Cup. This would be some achievement for them.

It will be both tragic and utterly predictable if Livi go on to win the League Cup and Martindale is given Manager Of The Year ahead of Gerrard leading us to our first league title in ten years.

What a desperate, spiteful little country we would have become.
Ffs! Chill. The guy has achieved an amazing turnaround at Livi. If they scoop the cup he will deserve to be a contender.

Sure, if we win the league this year but don't get BBC Scotland and Micheal Stewart's approval for Manager of the Year then it will have all been in vain.

SG is a stick on for it. No other possibility. But this is Scotland and this is the bbc. Any calamity is possible.

There should only be one serious contender, assuming the league plays out the way that we all hope and which now seems almost inevitable.

I don't have the man love for Martindale that some seem to have on the board. He may have been able to turn himself around but given the "business" he was involved in previously I wonder how many people's lives were ruined through the shit he was dealing in / couriering, and who didn't have that chance.

That said, he has done great job with Livingston so far. If he goes on and wins the cup with them and secures a top six finish then he definitely deserves to be recognised and rewarded. The recognition should come from media articles and maybe positive comments from other managers. The rewards should come from Livingston in terms of bonuses or a new contract. Maybe a gong from a local charity or something.

However, to award him the SPFL manager of the year award over Gerrard would be for reasons other than football. If that happens then I'd be in favour of Rangers boycotting all such things in the future.

He’s doing a good job no doubt of that and will probably deserve to cement second place in the list.

Said on the other thread I really don't think Gerrard gives a f*ck about who Stewart thinks should be manager of the year - the praise he cares about comes from us and from South of the border.

Stewart is collecting £50 a show off the BBC to keep his powercard topped up whilst Gerrard is leading his team toward a historic title and simultaneously getting them ready for a last 32 European tie.

Who is really winning at life between the 2 of them?

Back