BBC Scotland faux outrage concerning Clarke only confirms their anti-Rangers bias

muttley

The excessive and over the top coverage of alleged sectarian chanting by Rangers fans is on their news bulletins, their main BBC Scotland news website and football related-pages. The recent anti-Protestant sectarian chanting at Rugby Park towards Kris Boyd did not receive the same ludicrous hysteria deliberately whipped up today by BBC Scotland, or indeed by Steve Clarke, who for reasons known only to himself only wanted to talk about the football after the Rugby Park game and not the sectarian abuse aimed at one of his own players. It only confirms, if it were ever needed, the overt anti-Rangers bias at BBC Scotland.

Last edited:
Agreed, but how do we combat it.Seems the club are acknowledging same while readying for a shafting.I saw the club statement, but there should have been more emphasis on the Boyd abuse at the weekend that was simply laughed off in the media,surpise surprise.

It requires confirmation??

The SMSM doesn't matter, no one cares, their agenda is so transparent they have lost any credibility or moral authority.

These are the people who have covered up child abuse throughout the RC church and its sports wing, Celtic FC for 30 years.

Their continued partisan behaviour just alerts more and more Bluenoses to the struggle we face, social media has changed the dynamic entirely.

Agreed, but how do we combat it.Seems the club are acknowledging same while readying for a shafting.I saw the club statement, but there should have been more emphasis on the Boyd abuse at the weekend that was simply laughed off in the media,surpise surprise.

Never buy or click a link to any Scottish mainstream media. You are funding them by doing so.

Don't pay your licence fee and email BBC London and tell them why you are not doing so.

Go and meet with your local MSP and MP about the BBC (they will hold surgeries near your home), it is a public service and should not simply be the mouthpiece for Bheasts FC and its facilitators.

Oh, we know that already, but what are we as a club doing about it?

I don’t know about you, but I’m sick to the back teeth of coming on here and reading page after page of exasperated Rangers fans seeing themselves and the club ripped from pillar to post by an horrendous set of double standards without anything being done to counter it.

Here is the thing. If you call someone a dirty or sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard it is sectarian. If the club catch you doing it or the police you will get into trouble.
If a large group of fans do it then it will be highlighted by the media and the club might get into trouble.

You can’t complain about it as it is deserved, it is unacceptable behaviour.

However if you turn a deaf ear to the Rangers support getting called huns, orange bastards and never bring it up or criticise this sectarian behaviour you are a hypocrite and employing double standards.
If you try and play it down and call it banter and then go for the Rangers support and call them out for sectarian or anti catholic racial abuse then you are part of the problem.
You aren’t highlighting sectarianism you are selectively highlighting one side and ignoring another.
To me that makes you biased and probably shows your own bigotry and prejudice as well as your hypocrisy.
That means Spiers, English and Kilmarnock manager Clarke. You have nothing of value to say as you are quite obviously biased hypocrites.
The same applies to anyone who ignores sectarian abuse from one side and highlights it on another.

It requires confirmation??

The SMSM doesn't matter, no one cares, their agenda is so transparent they have lost any credibility or moral authority.

These are the people who have covered up child abuse throughout the RC church and its sports wing, Celtic FC for 30 years.

Their continued partisan behaviour just alerts more and more Bluenoses to the struggle we face, social media has changed the dynamic entirely.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but it does matter. Maybe we can see the agenda but the population as a whole don’t really see what’s going on here. Who is telling them about the Boyd abuse?

That population is where we will be pulling our fan base from in the future. So as the only bigots in town that becomes harder. How many mothers have already said I don’t want my sons getting involved with that due to previous attacks on us? .... and then there is sponsorship, etc.

Make no mistake these stories in all these rags, and various mhedia platforms are damaging in a lot of ways - and particularly long-term.

Last edited:
BBC Scotland news just showed clip of game last night where you can clearly hear fans sing 'cheer up Stevie Clarke sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard' they even put subtitles up for the hard of hearing. Chris McLaughlin then repeated the phrase 19th Century Terrorist Bastard twice with NO bleeps!! They went on to say Kris Boyd alleged he suffered sectarian abuse from celtic fans, they showed Boyd standing on the track with bheast fans behind him...BUT no sound or subtitles were shown or what they were singing. Fucking terrible bias from BBC.:mad:

BBC Scotland adding the words onto the screen to SFB chant last night to emphasise it

Gollum outside Ibrox gloating and saying 19th Century Terrorist Bastard twice in the clip

The club can go to BBC London HQ and BBC Trust and highlight BBC Scotland failed to adopt the same approach from their scummy fans sectarian abuse of Boyd last Sunday

Not a single cheap from them until last night.

Stewart Robertson really has to go to town

I think we need to threaten BBC this will be a court matter and we have enough evidence of bias and victimisation against our club

Oh, we know that already, but what are we as a club doing about it?

I don’t know about you, but I’m sick to the back teeth of coming on here and reading page after page of exasperated Rangers fans seeing themselves and the club ripped from pillar to post by an horrendous set of double standards without anything being done to counter it.

Rangers should actually be collecting all the BBC Scotland news bulletins, BBC Scotland website articles regarding both the Boyd and Clarke incidents, and show the clear disparity in reporting by BBC Scotland to their bosses in London. As a club, we have the evidence that BBC Scotland are biased against Rangers, so let's use it to our advantage.

The excessive and over the top coverage of alleged sectarian chanting by Rangers fans is on their news bulletins, their main BBC Scotland news website and football related-pages. The recent anti-Protestant sectarian chanting at Rugby Park towards Kris Boyd did not receive the same ludicrous hysteria witnessed today by BBC Scotland, or indeed by Steve Clarke, who only wanted to talk about the football. It only confirms, if it were ever needed, the overt anti-Rangers bias at BBC Scotland.

Sectarian bbc scotland is more like it.

Here is the thing. If you call someone a dirty or sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard it is sectarian. If the club catch you doing it or the police you will get into trouble.
If a large group of fans do it then it will be highlighted by the media and the club might get into trouble.

You can’t complain about it as it is deserved, it is unacceptable behaviour.

However if you turn a deaf ear to the Rangers support getting called huns, orange bastards and never bring it up or criticise this sectarian behaviour you are a hypocrite and employing double standards.
If you try and play it down and call it banter and then go for the Rangers support and call them out for sectarian or anti catholic racial abuse then you are part of the problem.
You aren’t highlighting sectarianism you are selectively highlighting one side and ignoring another.
To me that makes you biased and probably shows your own bigotry and prejudice as well as your hypocrisy.
That means Spiers, English and Kilmarnock manager Clarke. You have nothing of value to say as you are quite obviously biased hypocrites.
The same applies to anyone who ignores sectarian abuse from one side and highlights it on another.

Good post Jaws.

BBC were always going to go after us again after Robertson spoke out and we gave them an opportunity tbh. But their claim to impartiality is blown out of the water by not highlighting the scum chanting about Boyd in the same way as they have done today and never even reported it initially.

BBC Scotland news just showed clip of game last night where you can clearly hear fans sing 'cheer up Stevie Clarke sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard' they even put subtitles up for the hard of hearing. Chris McLaughlin then repeated the phrase 19th Century Terrorist Bastard twice with NO bleeps!! They went on to say Kris Boyd alleged he suffered sectarian abuse from celtic fans, they showed Boyd standing on the track with bheast fans behind him...BUT no sound or subtitles were shown or what they were singing. Fucking terrible bias from BBC.:mad:

Fucking Disgrace mate.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but it does matter. Maybe we can see the agenda but the population as a whole don’t really see what’s going on here. Who is telling them about the Boyd abuse?

That population is where we will be pulling our fan base from in the future. So as the only bigots in town that becomes harder. How many mothers have already said I don’t want my sons getting involved with that due to previous attacks on us? .... and then there is sponsorship, etc.

Make no mistake these stories in all these rags, and various mhedia platforms are damaging in a lot of ways - and particularly long-term.

A lot of good points.

Use social media as much as possible to get the truth out there.

The excessive and over the top coverage of alleged sectarian chanting by Rangers fans is on their news bulletins, their main BBC Scotland news website and football related-pages. The recent anti-Protestant sectarian chanting at Rugby Park towards Kris Boyd did not receive the same ludicrous hysteria witnessed today by BBC Scotland, or indeed by Steve Clarke, who only wanted to talk about the football. It only confirms, if it were ever needed, the overt anti-Rangers bias at BBC Scotland.

Correct again but we dont keep records so we cant prove the bias.

I can’t condone the singing of these kind of songs, whatever side of this tribal divide it comes from, so when controversy starts a feeding frenzy, the least I expect is balanced journalism, especially from the BBC.

Just watched the lunch time news on the BBC. Second article that was mentioned was about Rangers fans. The onus was, as usual about the singing at Ibrox and the response by Steve Clarke. This was meticulously anylised in detail, then as an afterthought a quick mention of the Kris Boyd incident. Then back to a certain BBC journalist outside, yes you guessed it Ibrox! Yet again the bias there to be seen by all. I thought we lived in a democracy.

Chris McLaughlin report on BBC there, showing the match with the offending words on the screen.
Ban the whole BBC from our premises, it may have been offensive but no other club gets this level of condemnation or treatment.

I can’t condone the singing of these kind of songs, whatever side of this tribal divide it comes from, so when controversy starts a feeding frenzy, the least I expect is balanced journalism, especially from the BBC.

Just watched the lunch time news on the BBC. Second article that was mentioned was about Rangers fans. The onus was, as usual about the singing at Ibrox and the response by Steve Clarke. This was meticulously anylised in detail, then as an afterthought a quick mention of the Kris Boyd incident. Then back to a certain BBC journalist outside, yes you guessed it Ibrox! Yet again the bias there to be seen by all. I thought we lived in a democracy.

The latest piece of hard evidence regarding the taxpayers' channel's lack of impartiality.

10pc3fm.jpg

these chants and songs only matter when they believe they can use it to beat our club and tag us as sectarian but this wk we have had Boyd being subjected to sectarian abuse by the tramps, a video of a child being encouraged to sing a sectarian sick song about Jimmy Bell stating they hope he dies but the big issue for the media is Clarke and his comments.

We as a support are subjected to sectarian abuse from opposing fans every home game and nobody cares

Correct again but we dont keep records so we cant prove the bias.

It would be quite easy for Rangers to collect and collate all BBC Scotland news reports, links and articles on both the Boyd and Clarke incidents and let an independent arbiter look at both to see equitable and fair reporting. The significant disparity is clear for all to see. Were BBC Scotland outside Rugby Park on Monday, as example, for their Reporting Scotland news bulletins to report on the anti-Protestant sectarianism directed at Kris Boyd. And if not, why not ? We have BBC Scotland caught bang to rights regarding bias.

Rangers should actually be collecting all the BBC Scotland news bulletins, BBC Scotland website articles regarding both the Boyd and Clarke incidents, and show the clear disparity in reporting by BBC Scotland to their bosses in London. As a club, we have the evidence that BBC Scotland are biased against Rangers, so let's use it to our advantage.

The Mrs shouted me in this morning to listen to what they were discussing on the Jeremy Vine show on Channel 5. They had a photo up of the BBC Scotland website regards the Stevie Clarke, the general discussion was about Rangers fans hating Catholics, there was a male guest on the panel who I have no idea who he is but the Mrs said he was a newspaper editor in England. He said he once went to a game up there it was at Dundee Utd against Rangers and that "the Rangers fans were crazy, all turning up with their flutes and Union Jacks".

Firstly, what's so bad about a Union Flag?

Secondly, I've been watching Rangers for more than 50 years and I've never seen Rangers fans taking flutes to the match. Hilarious!

Even the English are being misled by our media.:mad:

By failing to mention unbalanced coverage in the past, especially from BBC Scotland, the club leaves itself open to yet more unbalanced coverage.

The sort of OTT reporting we're seeing in relation to last night's match is really a propaganda exercise dressed up as news and encapsulates everything that is wrong with the Scottish media.

The Mrs shouted me in this morning to listen to what they were discussing on the Jeremy Vine show on Channel 5. They had a photo up of the BBC Scotland website regards the Stevie Clarke, the general discussion was about Rangers fans hating Catholics, there was a male guest on the panel who I have no idea who he is but the Mrs said he was a newspaper editor in England. He said he once went to a game up there it was at Dundee Utd against Rangers and that "the Rangers fans were crazy, all turning up with their flutes and Union Jacks".

Firstly, what's so bad about a Union Flag?

Secondly, I've been watching Rangers for more than 50 years and I've never seen Rangers fans taking flutes to the match. Hilarious!

Even the English are being misled by our media.:mad:

That would be leftie journo Kevin Maguire.

We know it goes on.

Must it be churned up and commented on at length every time?

I can't be the only one bored to sh*t with this and not caring (or listening) to the BBC sports commentary.

When we win the league again, they can winge, piss and moan ad nauseum.

We'll be champs and that'll be it.

Roll on 55!!!

We know it goes on.

I can't be the only one bored to sh*t with this and not caring (or listening) to the BBC sports commentary.

Roll on 55!!!

BBC Scotland Sportscene played a huge role in ensuring our two best players were banned, mate. They're now employing double standards yet again to demonise our club and support. Celtic fans have been recently involved in battles with Spanish police and not a sniff on the BBC Scotland news website. If that were Bears, well, you know the rest.

Last edited:
We know it goes on.

Roll on 55!!!

Yes, when they are displaying clear double standards. The BBC is a publicly funded organisation who appear to have selective hearing and reporting problems.

Totally agree about faux outrage and double standards, but as soon as I heard the UB's starting it up last night I knew what the story would be. Chanting that Clarke was a "wanker" and getting his response was funny but there was no need for the other stuff about a minute after it. I wish they would stop embarrassing the club and the rest of the supporters with crap like this.

BBC Scotland adding the words onto the screen to SFB chant last night to emphasise it

Gollum outside Ibrox gloating and saying 19th Century Terrorist Bastard twice in the clip

The club can go to BBC London HQ and BBC Trust and highlight BBC Scotland failed to adopt the same approach from their scummy fans sectarian abuse of Boyd last Sunday

Not a single cheap from them until last night.

Stewart Robertson really has to go to town

I think we need to threaten BBC this will be a court matter and we have enough evidence of bias and victimisation against our club
Stewart Robertson couldn’t go to town even if you gave him the taxi fare.
He makes one of his rare outings to criticise the bias shytehole that is BBC Scotchland then when he should have been following up on their outlandish claims they were fair and balanced instead he disappears under the bed, only to come back today with yet another statement that allows our many enemies to create yet another narrative that damages the club’s image.
Make no mistake this man and the rest of the inadequates at the club are doing just as much harm as the people who, especially after the Boyd situation on Sunday haven’t the brains to keep religion out of our songs.

BBC were always going to go after us again after Robertson spoke out and we gave them an opportunity tbh. But their claim to impartiality is blown out of the water by not highlighting the scum chanting about Boyd in the same way as they have done today and never even reported it initially.
As sure as day follow night the scum will get into their own song book soon enough. The challenge to the mhedia is to level the same amount of reporting as given to us.

That not with standing why do we keep shooting our selves in the foot. The UB's do a great job driving some noise and passion during the games but surely who ever leads them could show a bit of savvy.

Stewart Robertson couldn’t go to town even if you gave him the taxi fare.
He makes one of his rare outings to criticise the bias shytehole that is BBC Scotchland then when he should have been following up on their outlandish claims they were fair and balanced instead he disappears under the bed, only to come back today with yet another statement that allows our many enemies to create yet another narrative that damages the club’s image.
Make no mistake this man and the rest of the inadequates at the club are doing just as much harm as the people who, especially after the Boyd situation on Sunday haven’t the brains to keep religion out of our songs.
That not with standing why do we keep shooting our selves in the foot. The UB's do a great job driving some noise and passion during the games but surely who ever leads them could show a bit of savvy.

Clarke is only using this nonsense as a deflection from Killie being hammered last night.

We all know what the BBC are,biased and horrible.
However this is 2019 and whoever was singing that are morons.You are just giving haters ammo to punish us.Yes we've all sang the songs but it's not 1986 any more.We need to stop it because it can only damage our club.
Ironic that the main reporter was Gollum.That's not inflammatory is it BBC Scotland?He was practically spraying his shorts with glee reporting it.

The BBC are an organisation that continue to condemn Rangers at every opportunity, no matter what was sung last night where were their intrepid journalists on Saturday to condemn the Celtic Supporters for singing the same song at Boyd no where to be seen or heard, will Nicola make a statement in parliament just as she done when Lennon was hit by a coin.
What can be done about it ,we could stop singing the songs that upset the perpetually offended across the city but I guarantee this still wouldn't be acceptable to them.
They hate our very existence,we are in a P.R. war of attrition with them and they have been on the offensive for year's. Demonize the Rangers club and support any way they can no matter how tenuous the link.Rangers bad, scum good,if you tell a lie often enough then mud sticks.
Rangers as an institution need to fight fire with fire,the Rangers brand will end up being damaged economically, a fate already inflicted upon us by our enemies as we try to get the club back on a financial footing that will allow us to challenge aǹd over take them.
Remember keep they bastards nailed to the floor.
Damage a players transfer value by insisting he is a liability and not worth the risk whilst adding £1000000 on to any mediocre player at the scum hut.
Rangers need to put a blanket ban on all media outlets,including those who provide coverage and commentary of our games . Tell the S.F.A.,S.P.F.L the days of dignified silence are over and if this scuppers their T.V. deals so be it and tell the owners of same media out let's why.
After the next guilty verdicts, go nuclear and demand an independent inquiry into Glasgow Celtic and the holders of Office in Scottish football when these crimes were committed.
Time to stand up for ourselves because if we don't then it will only get worse if it possibly can be any worse than it is just now.
I am pretty sure there are those amongst us who could gather up the information to evidence our claims against the media and football authorities in this shit hole of a country.

Back