BBC Scotland faux outrage concerning Clarke only confirms their anti-Rangers bias

That not with standing why do we keep shooting our selves in the foot. The UB's do a great job driving some noise and passion during the games but surely who ever leads them could show a bit of savvy.
I like to think it’s the hard of thinking people who attach themselves to the club and basically just can not stop singing this outdated stuff.
They really don’t know the meaning of savvy, their pathetic argument for singing these songs is aye but they dae it as well.
Same with the club who also don’t know the meaning of the word savvy, if they can’t realise they were being done up like a kipper before making a statement that gives the media all the ammo to make this a purely Rangers problem then we really are in trouble with the jokers that are suppose to be runnings us.

How many times has Walter, Eck, Ally,Gerrard, etc, been subject to the exact same song with one different word and BBC Scotland have said nothing, nada, zilch.? Its a nonsense, mate. Simple faux outrage.
Yes, I get that but why do we give them that opportunity?

BBC Scotland adding the words onto the screen to SFB chant last night to emphasise it

Gollum outside Ibrox gloating and saying 19th Century Terrorist Bastard twice in the clip

The club can go to BBC London HQ and BBC Trust and highlight BBC Scotland failed to adopt the same approach from their scummy fans sectarian abuse of Boyd last Sunday

Not a single cheap from them until last night.

Stewart Robertson really has to go to town

I think we need to threaten BBC this will be a court matter and we have enough evidence of bias and victimisation against our club

If I was a large shareholder in a company and it was being on the receiving end of constant bad press and demonised unfairly and it was obviously designed to aid a competitor, is there a case to answer by bringing the antagonists to justice? If so then I would like to see our majority shareholders collectively make moves to stop this constant propoganda. I am not a shareholder but would imagine any shareholder within any company would see that their interests are protected from enemies making mountains out of molehills and driving share prices down.

We all knew this is how it would play out. That same song is sung towards Derek McInnes EVERY time Celtic play Aberdeen. It was also sang towards Neil McCann EVERY time Dundee played Celtic while he was manager. It was also sang towards Steven Gerrard at Parkhead and towards Boyd at the weekend. Only now though does it become sectarian and that's because it's Rangers fans.

It really is mental.

Used to think fans could sometimes be paranoid but it really is right there for everyone to see.

It’s what we are up against. But why sing the songs in the first place.
Club 1872 and the club need to sort this out.
I think the people who sing these songs need to sort themselves out.They're making a arse of themselves and damage to the club. No need for it.Sing about the guy being a wanker,that's ok and more to the point.

How many times has Walter, Eck, Ally,Gerrard, etc, been subject to the exact same song with one different word and BBC Scotland have said nothing, nada, zilch.? Its a nonsense, mate. Simple faux outrage.

How hard would it be to nail them with something like this below:

We once again condemn any chants of this nature They bring embarrassment to the club and it’s well behaved fans who are the majority. We fight against this small element but work has still to be done, and we will continue to fight to have unacceptable behaviour eliminated where we find it.

However our job in removing this behaviour becomes much harder due to the biased nature of the reporting of such events throughout the Scottish media. For example our managers, playing staff, and even former players have had stadiums reverberating with a very similar song targeting them about their religion in a negative context. This has been regular and recent. The media hear this just as we do - however on those occasions there has been no widespread media reporting or criticism of the offenders. This hypocrisy naturally makes it harder for us to remove a small but undesirable element who partake in similar behaviour amongst our own fan-base. If the Scottish media truly want to remove undesirable chants from our game they can’t then operate from a position of selective hearing - as has been witnessed over several years now.

Here is the thing. If you call someone a dirty or sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard it is sectarian. If the club catch you doing it or the police you will get into trouble.
If a large group of fans do it then it will be highlighted by the media and the club might get into trouble.

You can’t complain about it as it is deserved, it is unacceptable behaviour.

However if you turn a deaf ear to the Rangers support getting called huns, orange bastards and never bring it up or criticise this sectarian behaviour you are a hypocrite and employing double standards.
If you try and play it down and call it banter and then go for the Rangers support and call them out for sectarian or anti catholic racial abuse then you are part of the problem.
You aren’t highlighting sectarianism you are selectively highlighting one side and ignoring another.
To me that makes you biased and probably shows your own bigotry and prejudice as well as your hypocrisy.
That means Spiers, English and Kilmarnock manager Clarke. You have nothing of value to say as you are quite obviously biased hypocrites.
The same applies to anyone who ignores sectarian abuse from one side and highlights it on another.

There's been a lot written here and elsewhere in the last few days and hours. This post absolutely nails it all, and is the line our club should be taking in any further commentary on recent events, and it should be the line that any Rangers fan should be taking when given the opportunity too, be it in discussion with friends, colleagues, phone-ins, whatever.

Totally agree about faux outrage and double standards, but as soon as I heard the UB's starting it up last night I knew what the story would be. Chanting that Clarke was a "wanker" and getting his response was funny but there was no need for the other stuff about a minute after it. I wish they would stop embarrassing the club and the rest of the supporters with crap like this.

Wishing wont make it stop.

Just watching the news there, they’ve just done a hatchet job on us.
The first time I’ve ever heard the word bastard being read out in a news bulletin.
Absolute cunts, the Club have got to challenge this.

BBC news just did their piece on Clarke’s comments. Kris Boyd’s abuse got mentioned, fair enough, but every photo used and every video used involved Rangers. McLaughlin standing outside Ibrox doing his piece. Why isn’t he outside Rugby Park or their ground rather than standing outside a stadium his employers refuse to enter.
No bias they say?

Just watched Reporting Scotland. They had the karaoke lyrics out again.

I watched this too, prior to Question Time. I totally agree, there is no place whatsoever for sectarian chats on both sides, but for the BBC to highlight one side of the divide is totally baffling.

A subsequent article on the same news bulletin highlighted the abuse directed towards the referee in charge during the last game against Celtic. I'm not going to say who the abuse came from but one can assume it came from the losing side.

As a club and a people, we are being demonised beyond belief. In my opinion, this goes beyond football so part of me agrees with the club in their lack of voice on the subject.

I have no answers but to continue to support our faith and club like never before.

Singing songs with words FB in them is an outrage and disgrace.

Singing FOB at a Protestant player and striking him with a coin along with Hanging effigies of a Protestant Orangeman and Rangers Fan a week after the said above player's brother committed suicide. Oh wait nothing to see here.

I’d go further and suggest BBC Scotland is deliberately pushing the boat out in terms of what it can get away with.

The photograph showing the taxman figure at the gates of Ibrox accompanying a story where Rangers accused BBC Scotland of bias is an example.

If we had a professionally run PR operation we’d be recording the relative coverage Pacific Quay devotes to Rangers and Celtic when it comes to stories like this. We’d also be in a much stronger position just now if we had previously highlighted media efforts to ignore or play down sectarianism within the Celtic support.

Anything Rangers do in the current situation will be necessarily defensive because of past inaction.

The faux outrage we’ve witnessed today is orchestrated and synchronised. We have to develop a strategy in dealing with this sort of attack.

The guy on STV looked embarrassed that’s he’s been wheeled out to comment on us.
At least he was mentioning the abuse from the Bheasts

They tell you to pay your TV licence.

I'll pay fuk all tv licence to fund those sectarian mentally challenged bigots.

Some sort of symbolic gesture needs to be done outside Ibrox to get folk talking. Something simple like a bin for putting TV license renewals in.

BBC Scotland news just showed clip of game last night where you can clearly hear fans sing 'cheer up Stevie Clarke sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard' they even put subtitles up for the hard of hearing. Chris McLaughlin then repeated the phrase 19th Century Terrorist Bastard twice with NO bleeps!! They went on to say Kris Boyd alleged he suffered sectarian abuse from celtic fans, they showed Boyd standing on the track with bheast fans behind him...BUT no sound or subtitles were shown or what they were singing. Fucking terrible bias from BBC.:mad:

From 8.50 mins in https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0c39qhn/reporting-scotland-evening-news-21022019

did i hear on Reporting Scotland correctly?

SrTRC rep saying "anti-irish racism"

against a Scot?

Its now clear that anti-Protestant sectarianism is acceptable to the media and politicians after their deafening silence regarding Kris Boyd at Rugby Park, and the faux outrage and bandwagon jumping concerning Clarke.

It’s what we are up against. But why sing the songs in the first place.
Club 1872 and the club need to sort this out.
Exactly. No songs, no press for this reason. We know it’s pretty one sided yet we hand them it on a plate by disgracing the club.

The fact a club that condoned hanging Lynched Protestant effigies from the top tier of a stand in its stadium can in modern day Scotland hold the moral high ground on anything ever is as disturbing as it is disgusting.

Here is the thing. If you call someone a dirty or sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard it is sectarian. If the club catch you doing it or the police you will get into trouble.
If a large group of fans do it then it will be highlighted by the media and the club might get into trouble.

You can’t complain about it as it is deserved, it is unacceptable behaviour.

However if you turn a deaf ear to the Rangers support getting called huns, orange bastards and never bring it up or criticise this sectarian behaviour you are a hypocrite and employing double standards.
If you try and play it down and call it banter and then go for the Rangers support and call them out for sectarian or anti catholic racial abuse then you are part of the problem.
You aren’t highlighting sectarianism you are selectively highlighting one side and ignoring another.
To me that makes you biased and probably shows your own bigotry and prejudice as well as your hypocrisy.
That means Spiers, English and Kilmarnock manager Clarke. You have nothing of value to say as you are quite obviously biased hypocrites.
The same applies to anyone who ignores sectarian abuse from one side and highlights it on another.
Great post and can I add Cosgrove to your list of biased hypocrites who I heard yesterday say that Rugby Park sectarian chanting had nothing to do with Ibrox chanting. He did not speak out against the Celtic fans unsurprisingly.

The Peasants are rioting and in pitched battles with Spanish cops. BBC Scotland prefer to ignore it and indulge in faux outrage at a football chant at Ibrox. Scotland 2019 summed up.
SNP, Celtic and BBC........ devisive organisations ruining this country.

Correct again but we dont keep records so we cant prove the bias.
Stewart Robertson says he has a file of incidents where the BBC have shown bias against us.we should invite them on to a public forum and let them try and justify this bias,I bet they would bottle it.

Back