BBC Scotland playing to their core audience again

Not only that, we also apparently bought the League, were a boring route-one outfit, and the League was one of the worst in Europe. This was all read and heard back then during our 9 in a row era.

Yep,you can't have that type of budget at your disposal and not expect to be criticised for failing to make an impact in Europe.

That's what was constantly thrown at us.

Rangers won a Treble, went 44 games unbeaten, including 10 games in the Champions League. Rangers, however, were dismissed by BBC Scotland and others as merely " the best of a bad lot. " I reckon that says it all. That
My question was about what part don’t you remember.
Our efforts for the season or, the criticism, we’ll, lack of meaningful, unqualified, praise that accompanied it?
I think that covers it.

It is fkin irrelevant to me and fk all achievement when there is no challenge, when we did 9 titles in a row teams were far better.

Yep,you can't have that type of budget at your disposal and not expect to be criticised for failing to make an impact in Europe.

That's what was constantly thrown at us.

It might even have been Bill Leckie who was on Radio 5 Live trashing the standard of the SPL when we were winning title after title. It was bad for Scottish football, apparently. Anything to diminish and debase any Rangers success was dredged up. In comparison, this contemporary Peasants squad have lost in double figure aggregate scores to both Barca and PSG.

It might even have been Bill Leckie who was on Radio 5 Live trashing the standard of the SPL when we were winning title after title. It was bad for Scottish football, apparently. Anything to diminish and debase any Rangers success was dredged up. In comparison, this contemporary Peasants squad have lost in double figure aggregate scores to both Barca and PSG.

Weren’t they record home & away defeats ?

only way I could listen to the rugby yesterday was by listening to radio shortbread , could not believe what I was listening to , John Beattie I did not realise what a w---er he is , every sentence ended in either celtic park or paradise , it was embarrassing .

I don't know why folk on here are playing it down. If it was us that done it we would all be going mental, unfortunately it is some achievement.
No, I don't agree.
To attain their recent achievements, most of the groundwork was done off the pitch.

First of all, they had to agitate through the internet, press and politics to demonise Rangers over a legal tax loophole that was suddenly and uncompromisingly pursued by Government agencies in a manner that seemed more like a vendetta than a normal tax matter.
Using their sectarian placemen and fellow haters they then contrived to inflate a campaign of hate towards Rangers Football Club that involved exaggeration, lies and smears.

The timing couldn't have been better as Scottish Nationalism on a popular rise saw itself swing viciously towards Irish anti-British Republican ideology with Rangers on the opposite end of the political spectrum.
Rangers became hated and exposed and left naked from any form of protection from authoritative bodies and ripe for financial abuse by men who treated the club as wolves would treat an open chicken coup.
The bloodlust then saw the only competition in Scotland thrown deliberately to the depths of Scottish football, whilst Celtc themselves arranged to manipulate the game in order to steal our television money thus further enriching themselves at our expense.

Then with Rangers out of the way, they were able to build up an advantage in resources and profile that enabled a launch pad for domination of domestic football in a set of circumstances that were totally unprecedented and actually quite unnatural.

Any records that they have set have to be contextualised with all of the aforementioned factored into the merit of the achievements.
As trebles go, they are the cheapest and most tarnished in the history of the Scottish game.
But they are totally in keeping with the club that won them.
They are not just the Ratners of the Scottish game, they are also the Fred Wests of British football.

Last edited:
Begs the question why was the treble treble not done before now. Is it because Celtic were so great or was it that the only team capable of stopping them winning a trophy was a team demoted to the lower league, whose squad worth millions was dissolved and had to re-build back up through the leagues with all the trial and error that entails, while their rivals grew fat on a free run at Champion’s league money to the extent their wage bill was all but four times that of ours. Some would therefore put a big asterisk over each trophy.

I don't know why folk on here are playing it down. If it was us that done it we would all be going mental, unfortunately it is some achievement.

Lol
Ask anyone outside of Scotland if it's some achievement, all things considered.

No, I don't agree.
To attain their recent achievements, most of the groundwork was done off the pitch.

First of all, they had to agitate through the internet, press and politics to demonise Rangers over a legal tax loophole that was suddenly and uncompromisingly pursued by Government agencies in a manner that seemed more like a vendetta than a normal tax matter.
Using their sectarian placemen and fellow haters they then contrived to inflate a campaign of hate towards Rangers Football Club that involved exaggeration, lies and smears.

The timing couldn't have been better as Scottish Nationalism on a popular rise saw itself swing viciously towards Irish anti-British Republican ideology with Rangers on the opposite of the political spectrum.
Rangers became hated and exposed and left naked from any form of protection from authoritative bodies and ripe for financial abuse by men who treated the club as wolves would treat an open chicken coup.
The bloodlust then saw the only competition in Scotland thrown deliberately to the depths of Scottish football, whilst Celtc themselves arranged to manipulate the game in order to steal our television money thus further enriching themselves at our expense.

Then with Rangers out of the way, they were able to build up an advantage in resources and profile that enabled a launch pad for domination of domestic football in a set of circumstances that were totally unprecedented and actually quite unnatural.

Any records that they have set have to be contextualised with all of the aforementioned factored into the merit of the achievements.
As trebles go, they are the cheapest and most tarnished in the history of the Scottish game.
They are not just the Ratners of the Scottish game, they are also the Fred Wests' of British football.

Splendid, absolutely splendid summation of events manufactured by the bheasts at the Knew Camp and their apologists and stooges in society.

9 is a big achievement.

9 paedophiles* associated with the club directly it seems, and managing to achieve not being hounded by the media (all), punished by your governing body (SFA), investigated by your sitting government (SNP).

A brilliant achievement for any institution.

(*6 at CFC/CBC, Bennell, Saville, the RC priest - and that's just the start...)

Splendid, absolutely splendid summation of events manufactured by the bheasts at the Knew Camp and their apologists and stooges in society.
I should have added that they worked tirelessly off the park to terrorise Scottish referees and to establish a toxic and dangerous climate that has seen these men too terrified to properly administer games of football that might influence The Filth's pursuit of those tainted baubles.
If anyone wants to dispute this then I suggest they look at the statistics involved.
There isn't a discreet imbalance instead it is glaring and blatantly transparent in its unequivocal bias towards Filth FC.
What compounds this is the lack of scrutiny by the Scottish Press and Media, who only see and dishonestly report that which suits them.
No wonder we had half a century of unreported child abuse inside the House Of Sin.

It's not really when you look at their wage bill. We're the only club capable of competing with them and we've been hamstrung the last 8 years.

Ones I've mentioned this to shut up pretty quick which tells me they also know this.

Bias to the core, they analysed this and decided it was a celtic penalty.

D7fFOJVWkAAWUIl.jpg

Don’t talk pish never ever has their been a bigger financial gap , doesn’t even equate .

No, I don't agree.

The timing couldn't have been better as Scottish Nationalism on a popular rise saw itself swing viciously towards Irish anti-British Republican ideology with Rangers on the opposite of the political spectrum.

They are not just the Ratners of the Scottish game, they are also the Fred Wests' of British football.

Excellent post Bilko.

It is a great achievement, however it is SEVERELY mitigated due to the absolute state we have been in for these past 7 years. 2012 doesn't happen, then they simply aren't in the position to get anywhere close to the "treble treble".

Rangers were put in a false position as a result of criminality, regardless of there not being any convictions.

We were away 4 years and returned skint and with lower league players. Even now scum wage bill is more than rest of SPL together. We've only just started winning back to back games this season!

Am sure the kiddiefiddlerboard will appreciate your bumming up of them.

BBC Scotland are subservient cUnts.
Celtic are filthy manipulative cUnts.
The treble treble was ably assisted by cheating cUnts.
I fart in their general direction.

I should have added that they worked tirelessly off the park to terrorise Scottish referees and to establish a toxic and dangerous climate that has seen these men too terrified to properly administer games of football that might influence The Filth's pursuit of those tainted baubles.
If anyone wants to dispute this then I suggest they look at the statistics involved.
There isn't a discreet imbalance instead it is glaring and blatantly transparent in its unequivocal bias towards Filth FC.
What compounds this is the lack of scrutiny by the Scottish Press and Media, who only see and dishonestly report that which suits them.
No wonder we had half a century of unreported child abuse inside the House Of Sin.

The second of two great posts Bilkobear. Another reason why Lennon has been brought back is to maintain the pressure on the already incompetent match officials. Make no mistake next season will be worse than this one regarding referees as this problem has not been dealt with at all.

They are ending their playoff coverage with a montage albeit audio of the season.

We are not mentioned once.

Come next season BBC Scotland. I hope we as a club, don't give you the shit on our shoe.

... Never once do they mention that they have a budget probably greater than the rest of Scottish football put together.Pathetic but epected.

It was argued in 2012, that Rangers' EBT scheme allowed them to bring in players they could not have otherwise afforded, thus giving them an unfair playing advantage. Celtic's cover-up of child abuse has given them an unfair playing advantage for the last 40-odd years. Let's be conservative and go back only as far as 1991, to the cover-up of Frank Cairney's assault on a young boy when the Boys Club were playing in a football tournament in New Jersey.

Since then, Celtic have won 15 league titles (giving them access to lucrative Champion's League games), 10 Scottish Cups and 9 Scottish League Cups. How many of the players who contributed to winning those 34 trophies would have signed for a club knowing it had facilitated child abuse?

Last edited:
Why is it some achievement? Their biggest rivals were handicapped beyond belief for most of the seasons and not even in the same league for half of them. FFS, a guy off the street could have managed them to the success they have had.
Edit. Just read the OP properly and it’s the last 3 seasons only. The same still applies really, their budget is so big compared to others that it would be more of a surprise if they didn’t win those trophies.

Nonsense. We couldn't do it with a larger budget during 9 in a row.

Stop being silly.

Nonsense. We couldn't do it with a larger budget during 9 in a row.

Stop being silly.

We had a larger budget then but there was never as big a gulf between budgets as there is now. Maybe you should look at the figures before calling anybody silly.

I reckon I could have got them a treble with Cardinal Colum refereeing games. 5 games in the cup against Hearts, he has awarded a penalty in every game!
Losing at Killie, no problem, have a penalty on me!
We're up against more than the bheasts champions league war cheast. We have to call these cheats out.

The mhedia and tabloids openly laughed when we were trounced by Juventus. They even had a cartoon of Alex Clelland being nutmegged by Del Piero. When the Peasants get thumped in Europe, the reaction is very, very different. Its black armbands all round at BBC Scotland.

Yeah. Tallies 4 Wallies 1.
Also, our domestic success was ‘ parochial ‘ and ‘ it’s what you do in Europe that counts ‘.
That was the mantra trotted out 25 years ago by the entire Scottish sporting press.

I give them no credit whatsoever, there is no achievement at all.
When we were winning 9IAR they had players like Di Canio and Van Hooijonk.
We have been trying to play them with the likes of Harry Forrester, Jason Holt, Josh Windass and Rob Kiernan off the top of my head.
As for the rest of the challengers? They cant get remain in Europe beyond August sometimes even July.
Ask yourself this, if we were in their shoes would be going tonto and having open top bus parades for romping one horse races?
Of course we wouldn't, its a cringe at the thought of it.
We could win TIAR, the Champions League and the Club world Cup but we'd still never get an open top bus parade sanctioned

We have been in the same league while they won all of them though?
Why didn't their form in Europe vastly improve in this 3 years like their form in Scotland did.Warbuton ,Pedro ,Murty in those 3 years also.I dont think Gerrard's name will be getting added to the list above I just dont think so, yes it's hard watching them win but if we stop them doing 10 in a row everything they have won in our demise will count for sweet fa.

The mhedia and tabloids openly laughed when we were trounced by Juventus. They even had a cartoon of Alex Clelland being nutmegged by Del Piero. When the Peasants get thumped in Europe, the reaction is very, very different. Its black armbands all round at BBC Scotland.
Tallies 8 Wallies 1

Even though it wasnt an agg score.

No, I don't agree.

The timing couldn't have been better as Scottish Nationalism on a popular rise saw itself swing viciously towards Irish anti-British Republican ideology with Rangers on the opposite end of the political spectrum.

They are not just the Ratners of the Scottish game, they are also the Fred Wests of British football.
You Sir have posted many eloquent and relative comments on this board, and this is IMHO the mutts nuts.
Fukk them they know what's in the post for them, both on and off the park.

It was argued in 2012, that Rangers' EBT scheme allowed them to bring in players they could not have otherwise afforded, thus giving them an unfair playing advantage. Celtic's cover-up of child abuse has given them an unfair playing advantage for the last 40-odd years. Let's be conservative and go back only as far as 1991, to the cover-up of Frank Cairney's assault on a young boy when the Boys Club were playing in a football tournament in New Jersey.

Since then, Celtic have won 15 league titles (giving them access to lucrative Champion's League games), 10 Scottish Cups and 9 Scottish League Cups. How many of the players who contributed to winning those 34 trophies would have signed for a club knowing it had facilitated child abuse?
It is a fair argument. What aren't in their right mind would send their kids to a boys club with a paedo ring?

The thing is, when we were doing trebles and 9 in a row, our achievements were constantly derided. Celtic have had a huge head start and I've never even heard a critique of them based on their budget. For example, Ajax were in the cl semi with a lower wage bill.

Gerry McNee was forever telling us that going for 10 in a row was parochial and the real deal was europe. No such criticism for 10 in a row this time.

Don't forget Sir Walter was hammered with the 3 foreigner rule for the 9INAR. Made Manchester in budget and another 3 titles. ps Just Remember Convicted Paedophiles Rangers 0 Cellick 6

Compare the reaction to Celtic winning another treble to Man City winning their domestic treble last week. There was a feeling that City winning everything was bad for the game and them having so much money is unhealthy in the EPL.

A team with most of the resources winning 3 trebles in a row in embarrassing to our country, never mind the fact they were gifted the penalty.

Compare the reaction to Celtic winning another treble to Man City winning their domestic treble last week. There was a feeling that City winning everything was bad for the game and them having so much money is unhealthy in the EPL.

A team with most of the resources winning 3 trebles in a row in embarrassing to our country, never mind the fact they were gifted the penalty.

We have one of the most uncompetitive leagues in the world. Us and them have won 94 league titles between us. Its too stupid for words yet any attempt to discuss sharing resources more evenly gets dismissed out of hand.

It's a complete and utter embarrassment for the game in Scotland. The fact that even Rangers have not put up a challenge over the last 3 years and the rest of the clubs can't muster enough to beat Celtic in nearly 30 cup ties is a damning indictment on Scottish football.
It tells you all you need to know about the approach to covering the game that literally no journalist or commentator has said this.

And, as others have rightly pointed out, during our 9 in a row - when we did not win three trebles in three years, by the way - we were told almost every day that our success meant nothing because of our failings in Europe.

Rodgers left them knowing his achievements would never get him the respect he craves. If he gets Leicester a top four finish, for example, it will be seen a bigger marker of his credentials than what he did north of the border.

Back