BBC Scotland

They showed extended highlights of the 2012 Final Hearts v HIbs on Friday night

Missing football? Us too. So to try and help fill the void, BBC Scotland will be showing classic matches over the next few weeks.

All will be on the BBC Scotland channel and the BBC Sport Scotland website and app, with some also accompanied by live text commentary.

It started on Friday with extended highlights of the 2012 Scottish Cup final between Hibernian and Hearts and continues with a cracker on Sunday as we show the 1991 final between Motherwell and Dundee United in full (from 19:15 GMT), with live text commentary to keep you company.

More will follow over the next few weeks and we'll let you know as soon as they're confirmed.

Took my 12 year old daughter to that match. Very enjoyable, great game, excellent entertainment outside before match.

Went that final with a few of my mates who were motherwell fans
Didn’t go but the great thing was my local pub put the price of a pint down to 1952 prices as that was the last time that Motherwell had won the cup

Plenty of classic matches involving the Rangers I'm sure they'll ignore.
But from a non Rangers perspective surely the 1994 Coca Cola Cup final is worth a repeat viewing.

Plenty of classic matches involving the Rangers I'm sure they'll ignore.
But from a non Rangers perspective surely the 1994 Coca Cola Cup final is worth a repeat viewing.
Yeah get that on, wouldn’t mind seeing mcstay hit his penalty again :))

Speaking of Davie, I really want to see that 1987 Skol Cup Final !

What a day at the football that was...just a kid. The anticipation before THAT free-kick !

Ended up about twenty yards away from where I was before the bold Cooper broke the sound barrier... :)) :cool: :))

It’s a 6 part show , we’ve had hearts and Motherwell

We’ll get Rangers , hibs beating us , the sheep winning & septic .

IMO

Was a great game that. Some of the challenges not even deemed a foul were ridiculous. Dave Bowman got motm, nowadays he could have been sent off three times in one game.
Some excellent defensive play from Cooper as well!!!

Back