BBC Shortbread to show 2002 cup final

We should have had a penalty a few minutes before the winner. Can’t remember the name of the celtic defender but when a cross came in he was all over the back of Lovenkrands(?)

This was my first vivid memory of a football match. I loved seeing Ferguson run the show.

I can't believe how much adulation that Celtic team got. A bunch of devious thugs and gobshites.

if this had gone to extra time we would have won it by a few ,i am convinced of that,they were a beaten team by the end of the 90 minutes, of course we didnt need the extra time ,what a way to win a cup final ,a last minute winner at the bears end,think i ended about a dozen rows down from my original seat at the winner

We should have had a penalty a few minutes before the winner. Can’t remember the name of the celtic defender but when a cross came in he was all over the back of Lovenkrands(?)
Mjallby it was who bundled over Peter. Bastard would have tackled his granny to stop a goal.

Reactions: krs
This was my first vivid memory of a football match. I loved seeing Ferguson run the show.

I can't believe how much adulation that Celtic team got. A bunch of devious thugs and gobshites.
I was only a bairn but I'll never forget that third goal going in and running around the house like a daftie, sliding on the kitchen floor in my socks cheering. Good times.

Was at the game and Bradford the week before. Always remember being drained at half time and sitting down and the boy behind me pulling me up to my feet saying "You were standing all day at Bradford last week, up ye get!".

Great times.

Was privileged to be there that day too. West stand, right in line with where it hit the net from Ferguson's and Lovenkrands' second. Amazing day.

I was in a hotel in Ho Chi Minh / Saigon the Arsenal FA Cup Final was on local TV.

My son was sending the scores through text messages...had a wee drink in the Irish Bar that night, bassas were not happy.

Sky planner now shows the Dundee Utd v Celtic game on fri night so it looks like the 2002 final will be Sunday night.

What's the sky channel to watch this from england?
Anyone tell me when and what channel this is on?

Sky Channel 115 in Scotland
Sky Channel 457 Rest of UK (HD)
Sky Channel 876 Rest of UK (SD)

Last time I checked the planner it was Rangers v Celtic, 2002 SFA Cup Final showing on Sunday 5th April @ 7.15 PM. However, I would keep checking on this as I don't trust BBC Scotland to thole us beating that lot.

I was there with my Pops. I would’ve been 15 I think.

It was a great day and we deserved it.

I honestly think if it had went to extra time we would’ve took 5 or 6 off them that day.

In saying that, I wouldn’t change Lovenkrand’s winner for anything.

My favourite final, ever!!!

Great final. However, in these days of lock down, i watched the 1986 Skol Cup final which was outstanding. 74000 standing fans, Cooper, Derek Ferguson, Durrant and Butcher were class on the day, and Celtic losing the plot at the right. Brilliant

For some reason one of my favourite Barry memories is him vaulting an attempted hack by a poet & roaring abuse at him while striding away with the ball. Think he rattled the post with an absolute howitzer too.

I hate to give them any credit, but they were a formidable outfit at that time, physical, but with the X factor Larsson gave them. It took our talented group a huge effort to win. That it was achieved with such class and was so richly deserved make this game in my top 3 of watching us for over 50 years. I would add that this period was the last time both clubs had genuinely good sides on the park at the same time.

Stuart McCall was a couple of rows behind me that day with big Jim Hamilton that played for Hearts.
My abiding memory of the day was of McCall standing on his seat at the end of the game singing about Barry Ferguson.

What a day. Got a ticket on the morning of the game from my mates dad. Celebrated into the wee hours afterwards !

Watched it in Blackpool after doing my intense driving course. Certainly made up for failing! :D

Back