BBC Shortbread to show 2002 cup final

My first old firm game.

Barry Ferguson rang rings round all in green and white that day, an extraordinary performance and he was denied an all time classic cup final goal by the width of a post.

Well v Dundee Utd was my first cup final, great memories.
This was my first Old firm final, even memories.
That feeling when Lovenkrands header hit the net will live with me forever.

My apologies, I thought it was the full game.

There is nothing better than a last minute winner but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened in extra time. They were dead on their feet.

Another things, how the %^*& did John Harrison stay on the pitch. I used to ask him on Twitter this every time he went on about referees being against Celtc.

Then he blocked me.
No need for apology buddy. Yeah you are right they were dead on their feet and I feel we would have destroyed them in extra time.
Still to this day can't think of a valid reason fat hartson stayed on the pitch that day.

Did John Hartson have a house up here or did he just live in Craig Moore’s back pocket the whole time?

Ferguson’s free kick was terrific but I felt Lovenkrands finish for the first equaliser was top class.

Funny. :D

Knowing that big ned he was in the Great Eastern Hotel when Oz let him out.

Yes, wee Lovenkrands had a real ability to get us vital goals & it’s funny how lower shots don’t get the credit they deserve. A real top finish.

Was it the LC Final we had an amazing game with you ? At Parkhead ? 4.3 to us from memory ?

Indeed in the 96/97 season mate.

I seem to remember McCoist and Gascoigne having some kind of verbals on the pitch which the cameras picked up. That’s what you call will to win I think.

We had a decent squad ourselves that season, Robbo, McCann, Cameron, Weir, now that you mention it id love to see full or extended highlights of that one.

Missed that game as I was at a (largely) RC wedding. Saw the BF goal, then was outside taking photos when the father of the bride, a very decent Celtic fan, came out and said "quick sheddensbear, your teams just won the cup". It was very enjoyable sitting down to the meal, I have to say.

That Balde challenge on big Amo that gave us the freekick was close to being a penalty. The initial contact looks like it may have been just inside the box.

Not that it mattered. :)

I take it somebody sanctioned this and it's been pulled, once noticed ?

Dundee Hibs beating the Reptiles now so they can show those cvnts beating us and finish their wee series with another couple of lowkey finals...:rolleyes:

One of the greatest days to be a bear. Watched it with my brother and cousin in the Portland club in Inverness. I said to my brother, I'll get a round in for extra time. Stood up, and wee McCann stuck the ball into the box, and Lovenkrands scores with the header. Cue bedlam, falling over chairs, hugging etc. There were 2 or 3 mentally challengeds in, and 2 Dundee United fans, who were supporting the mentally challengeds. I apologised to them after I fell over them. Then a great night in Aviemore. Beautiful.

Remember watching with my best mate at school n his da, both Rangers men, n the lasting memory was his old man roaring ‘mon the fuckin BEAAAAAARS!!!’ as his specs fell off. One of the all time best Rangers cup wins against the best Celtic had to offer in decades.
Undoubtedly.
I truly can’t think of a better one.
A last minute winner emptying the scum end in record time.
Hard to beat.

Just watched it here after reading this thread

That fat oaf Hartson should have been sent off twice and the dives by him and Larsson also pathetic. Good to see Craig Moore get him back for the vicious elbow.

Surprisingly Provan seems balanced in his commentary.

It was a raw time for my family for around 18 months or so leading up to that final, it was an emotional day for this Bear.
WATP!

Just watched it here after reading this thread

That fat oaf Hartson should have been sent off twice and the dives by him and Larsson also pathetic. Good to see Craig Moore get him back for the vicious elbow.

Surprisingly Provan seems balanced in his commentary.

Even those edited highlights show perfectly the diving and downright cheating employed weekly by the likes of Sutton, Larsson and Hartson (and Nakamura).
Behaviour that "earned" them many a strategic penalty or free kick around the box. A real speciality of Martin O'Neil's team.
Thankfully the Good Guys saw them off this time.

Watched it in hotel outskirts of Cardiff. Didn’t get tickets for hampden but did for Chelsea v Arsenal FA Cup final in Cardiff. Wife drove down Friday lunchtime and after dinner and session on Friday night wakened around 10.30am Saturday. Getting ready for game realised we had left tickets in London.
Gutted but turned out ok as few beers in hotel room with bears on TV and last minute win.
Chelsea fans coming back after loss thought we were Arsenal until I explained what had happened. Good night afterwards

Both my daughter and myself got tickets for this one;and to this day,I feel privileged to have witnessed it.. We f*cking destroyed them that second half in particular.
We were halfway up the Rangers end,situated between corner flag and penalty area(South Stand side); right in line as Barry`s free-kick was taken. I knew it was in as it left his boot.
The scenes both at this and Peter`s winning header were incredible to be part of.... pure joy,mentalness; however you want to describe it; I find words can`t do it justice.
I have a photograph taken where I`m literally the last Bear to leave :)) and I`ve never seen myself look so happy in picture. A halcyon day I`ll never forget.

Back