BBC Stats on the game tonight

I have always wondered how possession time is calculated.........does anyone know?

For example when their Goalkeeper takes a bye kick is the time he fannies about treated as their time or is it treated as out play and therefore neither Team’s time ?

Reactions: WBD
I think they’ve taken into account the possession of their goalie at goal kicks.

It’s the only possible reason.

BBC tonight's stats:
Possession: Rangers 41% Stranraer 59%
Shots: Rangers 33 Stranraer 0
On Target: Rangers 10 Stranraer 0
Corners: Rangers 12 Stranraer 0
Fouls: Rangers 5 Stranraer 5

What the actual????
They have actually changed it. I started watching the game at the 15 min mark. At that time it was 38%-62%. It was the same at half time.

I have always wondered how possession time is calculated.........does anyone know?

For example when their Goalkeeper takes a bye kick is the time he fannies about treated as their time or is it treated as out play and therefore neither Team’s time ?
It's successful passes, not time in possession.

BBC go-to stat source for Rangers games
0*h6BcGc3HkDAG5JJ3.jpg

The blonde bint on Sky News this morning moaning our first goal should have been a Stranraer goal kick. Perhaps another mentally challenged campaign about to take off........

BBC tonight's stats:
Possession: Rangers 41% Stranraer 59%
Shots: Rangers 33 Stranraer 0
On Target: Rangers 10 Stranraer 0
Corners: Rangers 12 Stranraer 0
Fouls: Rangers 5 Stranraer 5

What the actual????
Same stats on Flashscore. Obviously get stats from a 3rd party source.

Imagine having 59% possession yet not a single shot at goal.

Sounds impossible.

This happens to us on a near weekly basis. I doubt it's a coincidence.

For example, go back and check the stats for the game v Killie on boxing day. BBC Scotland have possession as 50/50.

Incredible.

Back