BBC v Rangers

The Double A Man

Anybody able to help with a definitive on the dispute or point me in the direction of where it's documented on here or elsewhere.Had a guy trying to tell me that it's Rangers who have banned the BBC and refuse to do interviews with the BBC or allow them to broadcast live commentary..I always thought it was the other way around due to our withdrawal of McLaughlin's privilages.Any help would be appreciated so I can argue from a solid base etc.

I just feel like posting again.

BBC London paid for Chris McLaughlin to do a helicopter tour of the Commonwealth games venues.

His helicopter took off 300 yards from Ibrox

He refused to show Ibrox

He showed every other venue

He then lectured the viewer about the Irish Potato famine that would have you believe every inhabitant of the east end was a victim.

Thats before you even get into what he actually ‘did’ involving Rangers.

Effectively, the only thing we've done is state McLaughlin won't be given press access, Beeb can send anyone else. If McLaughlin were ever to leave the Beeb presumably then start covering us properly again?

It should always be referred to by the club and fans as “the bbc boycott of rangers”. Get the term stuck just let me the twigs like to do with any of their sound bites. When challenged it offers the opportunity to clarify the bbc bias.
The BBC boycott of Rangers is not harming us as far I can see me personally I couldn't give a monkey's fuk I never heard another report from them.

This whole thing is disgusting. The BBC is the British public service broadcaster. Britishness is the essence of everything we stand for, yet the BBC stands against us at every opportunity and panders to people that worship foreign flags and religions.

The BBC boycott of Rangers is not harming us as far I can see me personally I couldn't give a monkey's fuk I never heard another report from them.
That’s not the point. For a tax paid public media service to boycott the country’s largest supported club, without mediating the reasons behind their employee losing his press pass, smacks of a body who forget where their public duty lies and one who’s bias creates a public image of our fans and club to others. Anyone not bothered that bbc Scotland sports department has within it a biased cabal of republicans, nationalists and Celtic apologists, simply adds to the image battering we take daily by sections of the media.

BBC London paid for Chris McLaughlin to do a helicopter tour of the Commonwealth games venues.

He refused to show Ibrox

He then lectured the viewer about the Irish Potato famine that would have you believe every inhabitant of the east end was a victim.

That was the clincher.

Blew away any lingering suspicion that we were being over sensitive or even paranoid about BBC Scotland.

I doubt that the BBC have any idea how much their reputation and credibility has suffered among Bears due to the conduct of their Scottish sports department.

We need a good lawyer/QC to tell us if we are within our rights to stop paying the license fee due to the bias shown by the BBC.

Are the BBC actually allowed to act the way they are?

It really needs a complaint to be raised with BBC top brass.

We HAVE banned a reporter according to this response I just got back this afternoon, regarding my email to their director general 3 weeks ago.

Thank you for your e-mail to Lord Hall dated 17 May 2018. As I am sure you'll appreciate, the Director-General receives more correspondence than he can deal with personally, so once emails have been read by his office they are forwarded to us so we can respond on behalf of the BBC's management.

Accordingly, we note your views about BBC Scotland’s coverage of Rangers FC and that you have made previous complaints about this issue.

We can only reiterate what you may already know. That is, we would like to reassure you that news emanating from Scottish football is reported in accordance with the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines, irrespective of the clubs involved. Any suggestion to the contrary is without foundation.

We are determined to be impartial and fair in our coverage and to bring a range of views to our audiences. Please be assured that bias plays no part in our reporting. We place the highest value on accuracy and impartiality within our own journalism and rigorous editorial standards are applied across all of our output.

With regard to your specific points, we do not agree that any reporter has aired false stories and we do not claim that BBC Scotland is banned. We have said repeatedly that we choose not to send a reporter to Rangers because their decision to ban one of our journalists infringes our editorial freedoms.

The BBC Trust endorsed our position on this in 2016, stating that it was “a fundamental principle of editorial independence that it is the BBC rather than any third party that chooses which correspondents report on which stories.”

We were not at the unveiling of Steven Gerrard as manager but sourced content from the Press Association and this was carried in written, audio and video format on all of our platforms. We do report Rangers results, regardless of outcome, and any transfer news in the same way as we would any other club.

Regarding your comments about the TV Licence, it is not actually a BBC requirement but a UK Government requirement under the auspices of The Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (as amended) and the Communications Act 2003. The BBC, through TV Licensing, is obligated to administer the licensing process in terms of collections and so on.

The Government's legislation does not allow for non-payment or refunds/reductions of the TV Licence fee in light of unhappiness with BBC actions, output or spending decisions. If you feel it should, you should make your views known to the Government directly as this isn't something within the BBC's remit. We’d also explain that the Government sets the level of the annual TV Licence, not the BBC or TV Licensing.

Any personal views relating to BBC output or spending do not negate the legal requirement for premises in the UK which operate television receiving equipment to hold a valid TV Licence at all times, and we must warn that failure to hold a TV Licence where one is legally required may lead to evasion enforcement action including letters and home visits, and potentially court action and fines.

The change in the law from 1 September 2016 requiring BBC iPlayer users to hold a TV Licence was introduced by the Government, not the BBC or TV Licensing. Full information about the changes can be found via TV Licensing’s dedicated “BBC iPlayer and the TV Licence” webpage (http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/bbc-iplayer-and-the-tv-licence). TV Licensing also provide information about the general premise and legal requirements of the TV Licence via their dedicated “Why do I need a TV Licence?” webpage (http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16).

Your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

Kind regards

Neil Salt

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Just spoke to the guy I was referring to in my initial post and he apologised, saying that it was the public perception that Rangers had banned the BBC.Where do you start with this.......

We are determined to be impartial and fair in our coverage and to bring a range of views to our audiences. Please be assured that bias plays no part in our reporting. We place the highest value on accuracy and impartiality within our own journalism and rigorous editorial standards are applied across all of our output.

they completely fail this when you listen to Sportsound on Radio Scotland

Chris McLaughlins coverage of Rangers makes the ‘The National’ newspaper’s coverage of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist party look fair and balanced.

We HAVE banned a reporter according to this response I just got back this afternoon, regarding my email to their director general 3 weeks ago.

Thats assuming that the guy writing the response isn't lying - based on the BBC's previous levels of "journalistic integrity" I would assume he's spouting the party line.

Rangers have clarified he isn't banned so the logic for their entire argument is wrong.

Just spoke to the guy I was referring to in my initial post and he apologised, saying that it was the public perception that Rangers had banned the BBC.Where do you start with this.......

Next time you speak to him ask him for his opinion on this.

Rangers ban McLaughlin for perceived bias. The bbc reaction is to send no reporters to Ibrox as a stand of “solidarity” with their colleague.

Dundee ban Jim Spence for perceived bias. The bbc reaction is to send a different reporter to Dens Park and continue as normal with Jim Spence doing other work.

For me this above all else showed that the BBC Scotland Sports Staff ARE biased against rangers. I can see no other logical conclusion here.

Thats assuming that the guy writing the response isn't lying - based on the BBC's previous levels of "journalistic integrity" I would assume he's spouting the party line.

Rangers have clarified he isn't banned so the logic for their entire argument is wrong.
Yeah, I`ve mentioned that in my response along with the helicopter thing mentioned above. I`ll see what the say but am just really wasting their time. I`ve plenty of it so writing to them is no skin of my nose :)

I

It is, there are many Rangers supporters who rely on the BBC for their information, eg Blind and Infirm. They don’t get updates of incidents, goals etc until long after they occur. Yes many of us couldn’t care if we never hear from them again, however as a National Broadcaster they are there to provide a Service for all which is fair and impartial.

We have to pay to watch him even if we don't want to.The least they can do is pay into Ibrox

It’s that gollum c unt you see standing on the roundabout with his camera crew playing victim. Due to his lies and not for the first time he has had his freebies taken away and the Scottish bigoted boys club have spat the dummy

Now Stevie is here the real BBC might turn up .

He refused to show Ibrox

A bitter rhabbid horrible ugly çunt of a man.
One of the worst examples of a human being I’ve ever seen .

Yeah, I`ve mentioned that in my response along with the helicopter thing mentioned above. I`ll see what the say but am just really wasting their time. I`ve plenty of it so writing to them is no skin of my nose :)
Keep doing it mate I didn't know about the Jim Spence thing !though I've had a batTle With them also ,but still they will not admit any blame ,that's my third e .Mail,anda 3page hand written letter to there head office complaints,still to no avail,wee bit busy just now but will continue to annoy them, keep doing it mate WATP!

This reptile has history of lies and bias going back years. It shows the BBC south of the border up for what it is as well, totally uninterested and happy to allow this idiot to continue. The Spence thing at Dundee is just another example.
I actually couldn't care less if a BBC reporter never stepped into Ibrox again. Hopefully in the not to distant future we will be 'the news' for all the right reasons.

He refused to show Ibrox

Is that all true!I never seen it! But inform gollum.Ireland is and still is an island surrounded by sea and in whose days full of FISH was it not To their tastes or only On a Friday?

He refused to show Ibrox

I was aware of other things, but not this.

If this is true, then that’s beyond the pale :rolleyes:

Papist Quay is infested, may none of them enter Ibrox again. They're incapable of impartiality or balance.

Also think that every BBC thread benefits from this wee reminder:

We must never ever invite this reptile to Ibrox. He has shown consistently that he cannot help but troll the licence payers that fund his salary. He hates our Club. He hates you because you run our Club. He hates us because we support our Club.

BBC-reporter-Chris-McLaughlin.png

Nothing has changed with this bhigot. He will never stop hating us, and our new Boss should be advised accordingly.

Now, since we know you will be viewing this thread skeletor, here's a wee message for you.

Here is what you could have won:

GettyImages-954614376.jpg

But because of your behaviour Chris you will never never get to speak to him, you ugly ugly cúnt!

I’m firmly of the belief that this rot in the bbc was really a nailed on policy under Diarmuid OHara older brother of yes Brendan “huns” Ohara and both with STRONG family links to Celtic F.C.

There is a full list of BBC indescretions on here somewhere it ranges from the outrageous bare faced lies (Gollum) to total lunacy (Tom English), the list comprises a litany of hatefest issues from pictures of Ibrox from a stank with rubbish fluttering around to the downright petty in the ordering of the league tables at game zero 2012 where we were placed not only in the bottom tier but alphabetically in the wrong order so as to be bottom of the bottom.

Make NO MISTAKE this national broadcaster is full of bitter man children who will stop at nothing to make us look bad.

%^*& the bbc. Scotland’s SECOND shame.

I keep hearing and reading why don't we go beyond BBC Scotland and complain to the head honchos in London.

Waste of time Bears.

Opus Dei run the whole shebang.:(

I've posted on a couple of threads from here I'll bump for you mate.
George, this goes back to a point you made a few days ago.

Isn’t this now the time to create a new RFFF and to use it for possibly -
A lawyer to help us how we publicise / fight this ?
Or pay for an advert in a big English paper ? Stating hard facts to objective people in UK, especially at this time, may get UK press interest to embarrass these ‘people’.

Brilliant work has been done by such as you, Papasmurf, Brown Brogues & others to start the fight back against the many many haters, but maybe we need to do more & the fans as a body support it financially ?

The point that @coplandrearl36 makes is a very good one. Lots of licence payers with disabilities rely on bbc Scotland’s output and they are not being serviced.

This is all a balancing act you know because if that rabid bunch of smarmy bigots Cosgrove, English, Spence, Spiers, Spence and Gordon never mention our club again I will be happy.

I want them out of the bbc that of course is the ultimate end game for me.

It might just be me, and no offence to the OP.

But i can't consume how any bear by now, can actually listen to anyone who says, Rangers banned the bbc without looking them straight in the eye's and say to them, "Honestly " ?.

It would be the first question in my book, untill realising they are ignorant of the facts, or just a yahoo once again more interested in whats going on at the Gers trying to be smart.

If it's ignorance of the facts, then the facts will then be drummed in to them.

Nice word "Drummed", up there with Drumming. I feel a tune coming on. But honestly, i struggle to understand a Rangers fan who has to ask other Rangers fans the in's and out's of this by now.

It might just be me, and no offence to the OP.

But i can't consume how any bear by now, can actually listen to anyone who says, Rangers banned the bbc without looking them straight in the eye's and say to them, "Honestly " ?.

It would be the first question in my book, untill realising they are ignorant of the facts, or just a yahoo once again more interested in whats going on at the Gers trying to be smart.

If it's ignorance of the facts, then the facts will then be drummed in to them.

Nice word "Drummed", up there with Drumming. I feel a tune coming on. But honestly, i struggle to understand a Rangers fan who has to ask other Rangers fans the in's and out's of this by now.
Please see my original post where I merely ask for printed/documented evidence.I am in no doubt about the facts myself thank you.

BBC Scotland are not fit to have the word British in their title

The majority are a bunch of paedo harbouring c.unts who are not fit to provide s news or sports service to the people of Scotland

They are a shower of republican loving scum who should be removed from their jobs which are paid by the British taxpayers

There are way too many haters employed and I honestly hope Dave King has the haters in his sights

McLaughlin. Tom Irish. Cosgrove. Spence. Gordon. Queersie. McLean. Stewart. Liam McLeod. Daly

Imagine how many other haters are employed behind the scenes ??

Dozens are working behind the scenes and their anti Rangers agenda is clear to see

The Head of BBC Scotland should be chased out if Scotland

Let’s get pictures of them out in public and start giving them abuse and hassle them

Why do we let them away with hating us?

If I see any of the haters out and about they will be getting told they are a disgrace

Time for the Bears to bite back and give these bastards some payback

Back