BBC v Rangers

Anybody able to help with a definitive on the dispute or point me in the direction of where it's documented on here or elsewhere.Had a guy trying to tell me that it's Rangers who have banned the BBC and refuse to do interviews with the BBC or allow them to broadcast live commentary..I always thought it was the other way around due to our withdrawal of McLaughlin's privilages.Any help would be appreciated so I can argue from a solid base etc.

Biggest show of bias is last time a club banned a BBC reporter (Dundee Utd - Jim Spence) The BBC carried on sending reporters and doing interviews with Dundee United. How BBC Scotland get away with their behaviour just shows how mentally challenged ridden the organisation is.

BBC Scotland are not fit to have the word British in their title

The majority are a bunch of paedo harbouring c.unts who are not fit to provide s news or sports service to the people of Scotland

They are a shower of republican loving scum who should be removed from their jobs which are paid by the British taxpayers

There are way too many haters employed and I honestly hope Dave King has the haters in his sights

McLaughlin. Tom Irish. Cosgrove. Spence. Gordon. Queersie. McLean. Stewart. Liam McLeod. Daly

Imagine how many other haters are employed behind the scenes ??

Dozens are working behind the scenes and their anti Rangers agenda is clear to see

The Head of BBC Scotland should be chased out if Scotland

Let’s get pictures of them out in public and start giving them abuse and hassle them

Why do we let them away with hating us?

If I see any of the haters out and about they will be getting told they are a disgrace

Time for the Bears to bite back and give these bastards some payback

I doubt any other football club in the world could list a group of such determined media haters as that lot, only one short of a complete football team !

Please see my original post where I merely ask for printed/documented evidence.I am in no doubt about the facts myself thank you.

It is well documented and been printed many times and been reported many times. I think there is plenty of documentation that has continually went over and over this on previous occassions. It isn't hard, Rangers made it well publicised at the time and made their position more than clear on this matter.

My advice, is to get a dram in you, grow a set and jeest get the guy telt how it is. If he still then still disagree's, then you know the auld saying.

Tell him to put em up, put em up, cos by then you will smell the stench.

The BBC boycott of Rangers is not harming us as far I can see me personally I couldn't give a monkey's fuk I never heard another report from them.

You, and this post's 'likers', need to get your heads out of your arse and accept there's more to this than what you seem capable of seeing. There's a bigger picture here, it's the national state-funded broadcaster, ignore their propaganda and you're playing into our enemies' hands, effectively endorsing it. You're being taken for and treated like a mug.
Please think again, sbg,

What do the BBC know about football anyway. They use footage from other broadcasters to show highlights and get comments from a panel who have no idea whats happening until somebody from another broadcaster tells them ...or they read the Record.

The BBC are good at doing Charles Dickens dramas and showing all sorts of things with yon Bake Off woman ..Mary whats it. Stick to that and the kiddies programmes and stay out of our way.

With Stevie G in the hotseat the pressure will be on the local rhodents to get the stories. It will put Gollum in a untenable position. The Cheif Sports Reporter who cannot get access to the biggest story in the land. London will demand it's sorted.

George, this goes back to a point you made a few days ago.

Isn’t this now the time to create a new RFFF and to use it for possibly -
A lawyer to help us how we publicise / fight this ?
Or pay for an advert in a big English paper ? Stating hard facts to objective people in UK, especially at this time, may get UK press interest to embarrass these ‘people’.

Brilliant work has been done by such as you, Papasmurf, Brown Brogues & others to start the fight back against the many many haters, but maybe we need to do more & the fans as a body support it financially ?

Good point mate. Maybe we should post a poll?

How much would you contribute to a new RFFF?

To take on (legally through the courts) one hater and 'fake news' producer as an example. Someone that actually has some personal wealth so that we can drag them through expensive litigation. Not a runt like Joe the bhigot or P3n, they don't have pots to piss in and would love the attention as they claimed legal aid. Someone that stands to loose a lot, financially and reputationaly in defending themselves. Gary Hughes maybe? He was a hater that negatively informed decisions against it club.

Personally, I'd be happy to chuck a ton at it. Anyone like this idea?

Last edited:
That was the clincher.

Blew away any lingering suspicion that we were being over sensitive or even paranoid about BBC Scotland.

I doubt that the BBC have any idea how much their reputation and credibility has suffered among Bears due to the conduct of their Scottish sports department.
Do NOT kid yourself Walt, how long has this been going on 2,3,4,5 years maybe. I think BBC H,Q in London know all about the what's going on up here and still they've done nothing to alleviate the situation. mentally challengeds have infested every facet of life in Scotland, worked themselves into positions of power in the SFA, SPFL, politics, local government, unions, the legal system, the NHS etc, what makes you think they don't have placemen at BBC HQ. The only thing out of reach to them at the moment is a papish Prime Minister

Do NOT kid yourself Walt, how long has this been going on 2,3,4,5 years maybe. I think BBC H,Q in London know all about the what's going on up here and still they've done nothing to alleviate the situation. mentally challengeds have infested every facet of life in Scotland, worked themselves into positions of power in the SFA, SPFL, politics, local government, unions, the legal system, the NHS etc, what makes you think they don't have placemen at BBC HQ. The only thing out of reach to them at the moment is a papish Prime Minister

Back to days what we sing certain songs about, sad thing is some can't see it happening in front of them. They are advancing, they need stopped. Papish prime minister, papish goverment, a papish on the throne.

Yet some are blind, more to be fooled.

Good point mate. Maybe we should post a poll?

How much would you contribute to a new RFFF?

To take on (legally through the courts) one hater and 'fake news' producer as an example. Someone that actually has some personal wealth so that we can drag them through expensive litigation. Not a runt like Joe the bhigot or P3n, they don't have pots to piss in and would love the attention as they claimed legal aid. Someone that stands to loose a lot, financially and reputationaly in defending themselves. Gary Hughes maybe? He was a hater that negatively informed decisions against it club.

Personally, I'd be happy to chuck a ton at it. Anyone like this idea?

Yep, I’d put 100 in too. One high profile win will make a few of them sh1te themselves ........

We HAVE banned a reporter according to this response I just got back this afternoon, regarding my email to their director general 3 weeks ago.

Hall says: 'The BBC Trust endorsed our position on this in 2016, stating that it was “a fundamental principle of editorial independence that it is the BBC rather than any third party that chooses which correspondents report on which stories.”

He is answering another point entirely.

Again, Rangers have not 'chosen' any such thing - the Club simply withdrew PRIVILEGES (look the word up in the dictionary) from Gollum.

The little weasel can still report on us; he just isn't able to do it c/o Rangers facilitating it.

It is therefore a BBC boycott, not some high-minded point of principle around freedom of the press.

Put simply, you would offer the guy who comes into your pub and shits on your floor toilet paper, soap and a towel, would you?

A dispute between the club and one bitter lying journalist has morphed into Rangers " denying access to a free press", which is an utter lie.

I was in the company of a BBC Scotland sports employee on Saturday evening (Not a Celtic fan) and while there might have been some reluctant acceptance and even admittance that “Chris” had overstepped the mark potentially on account of his allegiances it is still considered that rangers have “banned” the bbc not the individual. For them it appears indivisible and this is the party line.

I’m not sure where the club goes with such ingrained attitudes other to follow and play to our support. Given that we have increased season tickets and external interest I’m not sure what benefit we can achieve from appeasement.

The ball is in their court. It seems to me we can carry on unabashed. What is the downside?

Maybe somebody in new ball busting media dept at rangers ..

Could release/tweet something like this

Just to clarify bbc scotland have banned themselves from rangers as we withdrew
A reporters press privileges its 100% their decision not to cover news output from us.

This puts it out there gets people talking espicialy in the new stevie g era

Anyone see Newsnight tonight? Netanyahu owned the aids ridden BBC journo Davis. Dealt with the usual pro Palestine, pro terrorist, super aggressive questions, being shouted down, told he was a bigot; but still absolutely melted the fecker. Top class stuff. We need to take a leaf out of that book and get on the front foot. And there are a lot of analogies.

As Netanyahu said no matter what olive branches are offered, the Palestinians are not interested. *So, basically, no point in building bridges*.

AND ONE THING IS TRUE, BBC England will never act against their comrades in PQ. Why? Because they’re all a left wing, commie, terror loving bunch of scum. No doubt about it. They’re all just different shades of shite.

Israel 5-0 BBC.

BTW 2 Bottles of wine down tonight.. :) clears the mind...

My latest rebuff from the chunts. They refuse to debate and just say we no longer will respond to your complaint.
This tells me that I beat them but won`t admit it.
Bastards.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again. We appreciate that you feel strongly about BBC Scotland’s coverage of Rangers FC and are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with our earlier response.

We raised your further concerns with senior managers in News & Current Affairs and Sport and they have nothing to add to the response you've already received.

For this reason I’m afraid we cannot correspond with you further at this first stage of the complaints process. If however you are still dissatisfied, you can contact the BBC’s Executive Complaints Unit (ECU). The ECU is stage 2 of the BBC’s complaints process. Details of the BBC complaints process are available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/ where you can read the BBC’s full complaints framework.

If you wish to contact the ECU please write to it directly within 20 working days of receiving this reply. Please explain to it why you believe there may have been a potential breach of standards or other significant issue for it to investigate. You can email ecu@bbc.co.uk, or write to: Executive Complaints Unit, BBC, Broadcast Centre, London W12 7TQ.

Please include the case reference number we have provided in this reply.

Kind regards

Terry Hughes

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

My latest rebuff from the chunts. They refuse to debate and just say we no longer will respond to your complaint.
Bastards.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again. We appreciate that you feel strongly about BBC Scotland’s coverage of Rangers FC and are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with our earlier response.

We raised your further concerns with senior managers in News & Current Affairs and Sport and they have nothing to add to the response you've already received.

For this reason I’m afraid we cannot correspond with you further at this first stage of the complaints process. If however you are still dissatisfied, you can contact the BBC’s Executive Complaints Unit (ECU). The ECU is stage 2 of the BBC’s complaints process. Details of the BBC complaints process are available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/ where you can read the BBC’s full complaints framework.

If you wish to contact the ECU please write to it directly within 20 working days of receiving this reply. Please explain to it why you believe there may have been a potential breach of standards or other significant issue for it to investigate. You can email ecu@bbc.co.uk, or write to: Executive Complaints Unit, BBC, Broadcast Centre, London W12 7TQ.

Kind regards

Terry Hughes

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
They have not "rebuffed" you. They have correctly redirected you to the next stage of their complaints procedure.
The best way forward is to follow their procedures, if you do not do this, they will ignore you.
Using the ECU to further your complaint means that it is brought to the attention of senior management in London.

Bastards.

Kind regards

Terry Hughes

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Keep up the good work. This all needs exposed. Maybe some award winning journalist could make a documentary on bigotry and sectarianism within BBC Scotland, starting with the Sports section.

Next time you speak to him ask him for his opinion on this.

Rangers ban McLaughlin for perceived bias. The bbc reaction is to send no reporters to Ibrox as a stand of “solidarity” with their colleague.

Dundee ban Jim Spence for perceived bias. The bbc reaction is to send a different reporter to Dens Park and continue as normal with Jim Spence doing other work.

For me this above all else showed that the BBC Scotland Sports Staff ARE biased against rangers. I can see no other logical conclusion here.

The only thing wrong with what you are saying here is Rangers have not "BANNED" the speccy mentally challenged prick,they have "REMOVED HIS PRESS PRIVILEGES" nothing more,nothing less.

Are you sure you have actually been dealing with the BBC and not Capita?

https://bbcwatch.org/2017/11/16/how-the-bbc-outsources-its-complaints-system/

Towards the end of last month, one of our readers referred in the comments section to an article by Peter Hitchens concerning the BBC’s complaints system:

“I have many times battled my way through the futile outer defences of the Corporation’s complaints system. This was long ago outsourced to an outside contractor, Capita.

I get the strong impression that Capita is there solely to soak up the anger of viewers and listeners. I can get no straight answer from the BBC about whether complaints made to it are even passed directly to the programme-makers involved.”

The meaning of the BBC’s Audience Services contract with Capita plc is of course that at the first two stages of the complaints system – 1a and 1b – members of the public are in fact not dealing with the BBC directly but with a commercial entity.

Bastards.

Kind regards

Terry Hughes

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
Terry Hughes what’s in a name eh I wonder is it a Theresa or a Terrance

I am over the moon the coverage we are getting with SG at the helm.

Also glad McClaughlin and his rabble are marginalised and left out in the cold, this will be hurting bigtime.

Bastards.

Kind regards

Terry Hughes

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Fair play for your en-devours. I wish you all the best if you're going to take the complaint to the next level.

We HAVE banned a reporter according to this response I just got back this afternoon, regarding my email to their director general 3 weeks ago.
I have also tried going down the complaints route with the BBC and failing to get any reward.
They have sent quite the extensive response to you, with regards to several points you must have referred to in your complaint. Well done.

The point on the licensing fee is interesting and it looks as though this can only be changed by complaining to our local MPs. I'd be interested in knowing how our contributions to the licensing fee are distributed, and pushing for change in this. The funding of a broadcasting company that is failing to be impartial and fair should not be where the contributions of the licensing fee go. Times have moved on that we know where we can seek news, and then make informed decisions on our own views and opinions.

However, whilst I'm still a license fee customer and my money is then going to a broadcasting company that is unfairly reporting I will continue to be a complaining customer in the hope that it brings around change.

BBC Scotland are not fit to have the word British in their title

The majority are a bunch of paedo harbouring c.unts who are not fit to provide s news or sports service to the people of Scotland

They are a shower of republican loving scum who should be removed from their jobs which are paid by the British taxpayers

There are way too many haters employed and I honestly hope Dave King has the haters in his sights

McLaughlin. Tom Irish. Cosgrove. Spence. Gordon. Queersie. McLean. Stewart. Liam McLeod. Daly

Imagine how many other haters are employed behind the scenes ??

Dozens are working behind the scenes and their anti Rangers agenda is clear to see

The Head of BBC Scotland should be chased out if Scotland

Let’s get pictures of them out in public and start giving them abuse and hassle them

Why do we let them away with hating us?

If I see any of the haters out and about they will be getting told they are a disgrace

Time for the Bears to bite back and give these bastards some payback

No different to the actual BBC down south tbh...

Fair play for your en-devours. I wish you all the best if you're going to take the complaint to the next level.

But couldn’t we all help ? What if we get thousands of our names on a petition with some examples ( and the Dundee precedent ) to allow

I am over the moon the coverage we are getting with SG at the helm.

Also glad McClaughlin and his rabble are marginalised and left out in the cold, this will be hurting bigtime.
Which was mentioned to the Director General in my first email to him :)

Does anyone know if Gerrard was on 5 Live yesterday? I read he was going on a couple of days ago.

If yes then this contradicts a senior BBC official who told me their current position is supported by the BBC UK wide.

It's a difficult situation,it might possible help if we could stop the likes of BT selling them highlights etc,and of course 75% of viewers are unaware of the situation.

Yep, I’d put 100 in too. One high profile win will make a few of them sh1te themselves ........
I would certainly be up for making a contribution and been saying this for a long time.
If you target one or two individuals, it will all stop overnight.
I was in the press and PR business for three decades and you had to be very careful with some companies and individuals because they could be very litigious.
It made you think hard how you responded to what they were doing.

Fergie did not speak to BBC for years. They continued covering games and his assistants gave the post match interviews

I thnk that was Fergie not speaking to the BBC not a reporter having his privileges removed, reckon that would be classed as separate issue

I would definitely put in 100, this potentialy could make a massive difference if we went after and nailed one of them, the case against them is overwhelming and the fact I pay their (BBC) wages makes me puke.
KB

Dont click on the Daily Record, by doing so you are contributing financially to one of our most egregious enemies - might as well make a donation to Celtic.

Bastards.

Kind regards

Terry Hughes

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Keep at it .......c*NTS every one of them

But couldn’t we all help ? What if we get thousands of our names on a petition with some examples ( and the Dundee precedent ) to allow
Re: The Dundee precedent.

I've had my MSP correspond with the bbc about this and both times they've claimed this would be their stance regardless of the club involved.

Can anyone provide me with solid evidence to the contrary?

Re: The Dundee precedent.

I've had my MSP correspond with the bbc about this and both times they've claimed this would be their stance regardless of the club involved.

Can anyone provide me with solid evidence to the contrary?

Chief, no I can’t. Purely from public information they didn’t ban themselves from Dundee, but did with us.

My point being that highlighting that, with other facts which a number of you have itemised well, plus a petition from 10-20,000 bears say, may get London to pay more attention ?

Chief, no I can’t. Purely from public information they didn’t ban themselves from Dundee, but did with us.

My point being that highlighting that, with other facts which a number of you have itemised well, plus a petition from 10-20,000 bears say, may get London to pay more attention ?

The responses I have both expressly state that they stand by their actions and would do the same for anyone else.
Naturally, they've ignored the many other points I raised but if that alone is the basis for their defence then I'd love the information that rips it apart.

Does anyone know if Gerrard was on 5 Live yesterday? I read he was going on a couple of days ago.

If yes then this contradicts a senior BBC official who told me their current position is supported by the BBC UK wide.
BBC Alba covered our challenge cup with pre and post match interviews.
That blows that one.
Bec Wales covered the manager being introduced inside the stadium.
That adds to above.

Back