BBC1: Fifa World Cup Rewind

IM BLUE

Official Ticketer
Don't know if anyone watched the show at 2.30pm, but BBC1 showed highlights of 5 World Cup games. Good games and can be viewed on the iPlayer.

The games were:

1982: Italy v Brazil
2002: USA v Portugal
1978: Scotland v Holland
2018: France v Argentina
1986: Denmark v Uruguay

Been watching all the official World Cup films on YouTube from way before my time.

Started at 1966 and working my way forward.

Great for your knowledge and being able to see all these great players you've heard of, but never saw.

Argentina 78 looked an amazing World Cup.

In the Denmark game, Michael Laudrup ran the show as a 21 year old. He was awsome.
Yeah they pumped Uruguay 6-1 then Scotland came along only needing a win against said Uruguay & promptly drew despite them having 10 men from the 2nd minute . Typical Scotland. Oot!

Yeah they pumped Uruguay 6-1 then Scotland came along only needing a win against said Uruguay & promptly drew despite them having 10 men from the 2nd minute . Typical Scotland. Oot!
Stevie Nicol missed the easiest chance of his career in that game.

In the Denmark game, Michael Laudrup ran the show as a 21 year old. He was awsome.
He was total class as a player, could've been so much better tbh. His managers/coaches at the time said he was always playing a lot less than 100% but that was good enough though.

Been watching all the official World Cup films on YouTube from way before my time.

Started at 1966 and working my way forward.

Great for your knowledge and being able to see all these great players you've heard of, but never saw.

Argentina 78 looked an amazing World Cup.
It's great to watch back alot of games. Players that I had forgotten about, but when you see the games you then remember them.

That was the game wee Chesney scored and was going to jump the barrier but it was too big, so he just put his leg up.:D

Argentina 78. Always remember as a wee boy, being absolutely amazed at the ticker tape raining down from the fans when Argentina themselves were playing. Was some spectacle. 1st W/C I've any memory of. That ball too. Iconic.

Remember when we actually supported Scotland?
Those were the days.
Had the 82 strip and the 86 one.

Argentina 78. Always remember as a wee boy, being absolutely amazed at the ticker tape raining down from the fans when Argentina themselves were playing. Was some spectacle. 1st W/C I've any memory of. That ball too. Iconic.
Same here mate. Looked amazing. I remember the games being on late at night.

Me too, still my favourite World Cup....

I was 12 at the time and echo the above it was brilliant, and due to the time difference the games were on later. The music from BBC was fab.

1986 was the 1 World. Up I remember, 7 years old. Have some great memories from that World Cup and also Souness coming in. Those memories weren’t diluted as I watched the videos for years afterwards, 86,87 Rangers video one of the best ever.

Watched an old BBC review of the 1990 WC on YouTube last night. One of my favourite tourneys

Thanks for posting OP, enjoying this immensely.

Souness in the Holland game was involved in everything. Absolute class.

Back