Be careful what you wish for.

Gazb1962

I’m a new member from knightswood and before any sniff sniff comments or anything else big Davie Cooper from the Patrick bus will endorse my credibility.
I’ve been reading FF for years and been a Rangers supporter for nearly fifty years. I’ve seen the good and the bad and that’s what being a supporter is imo. I respect any posts on here and also opinions that go with them. For what it’s worth I think we should stand by SG as we have invested into him as a support and as a club. Sure we’re all disappointed just now but we have came on miles from when he took over. To rip it up and start again would be mental and set us back further. We have a football icon in charge of our amazing club and I believe he’s the man for the job. Just my opinion but as I said I respect yours.

I’m a new member from knightswood and before any sniff sniff comments or anything else big Davie Cooper from the Patrick bus will endorse my credibility.
I’ve been reading FF for years and been a Rangers supporter for nearly fifty years. I’ve seen the good and the bad and that’s what being a supporter is imo. I respect any posts on here and also opinions that go with them. For what it’s worth I think we should stand by SG as we have invested into him as a support and as a club. Sure we’re all disappointed just now but we have came on miles from when he took over. To rip it up and start again would be mental and set us back further. We have a football icon in charge of our amazing club and I believe he’s the man for the job. Just my opinion but as I said I respect yours.
As frustrating as it has been I believe the same. There’s a lot of good stuff been going on, part of our training needs to be how to play a more physical route one style of football when needed. Sometimes it should be win first, good football second! Also I grew up in Knightswood, full of good bears!

Sniff sniff

Or should I say picky picky sniff sniff lol

Anyway welcome aboard

How have we come far . They have won 10 trophies since we’ve been back in the league . 12 points behind Them , we chucked being joint top,
Blew the cup final. Aye mate we’re on the up . I think not

As frustrating as it has been I believe the same. There’s a lot of good stuff been going on, part of our training needs to be how to play a more physical route one style of football when needed. Sometimes it should be win first, good football second! Also I grew up in Knightswood, full of good bears!
A lot of what we've seen under Steven Gerrard reminds of the early days of the Souness revolution.

Building from the back we seemed to be rolling the passes across the back four as 'possession of the ball' became paramount. There were many frustrating games as we struggled to break down ten men behind the ball.

But Souness recognised that we needed iron in the team - himself, Graham Roberts, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, Mark Hateley, Terry Horlock, Neale Cooper - he was always looking for players who could compete fiercely as well as play.

That's the reality of Scottish football that Steven Gerrard has yet to embrace.

A lot of what we've seen under Steven Gerrard reminds of the early days of the Souness revolution.

Building from the back we seemed to be rolling the passes across the back four as 'possession of the ball' became paramount. There were many frustrating games as we struggled to break down ten men behind the ball.

But Souness recognised that we needed iron in the team - himself, Graham Roberts, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, Mark Hateley, Terry Horlock, Neale Cooper - he was always looking for players who could compete fiercely as well as play.

Certainly truth in that. Too many footballers being brought in and not enough metal!

I agree with your post and want Gerrard with us next year i think he trusts people who hold the jersey but unfortunately the trust is not reciprocated in a regular basis. We all know where things can improve and so does he.We are on a much better journey now than we have been on for a few years it will get much better

Welcome mate, like yourself I was a long time lurker before I joined. Some of the pish people are coming out with because we dropped points makes me want to go back to lurking. You made some very valids points as well.

I'm just bamming you up bud welcome
I’ve been reading only on this site for years so was expecting something.

Agree with all of that but the magnificent bastard had the cash to do it.

Welcome mate, like yourself I was a long time lurker before I joined. Some of the pish people are coming out with because we dropped points makes me want to go back to lurking. You made some very valids points as well.
At the end of the day we are all hurting but I can go back to when it was much worse than the current situation. We will rise again as history has proved.

Europe keeps Stevie G in a job right now as lets be honest in financial terms Europe is where we make money. From our point of view though we want to see silverware and Gerrard being in charge while they scoop up treble after treble is not good. I think Gerrard has bought himself next season but he really needs to figure out how to stop us competing for half a season then looking like a bottom 6 team.

Great comment. There is no doubt the current squad has many skillful players in it but for me, there aren't enough stereotypical "hardmen" in there to mix things up physically. We're too nice..

Europe keeps Stevie G in a job right now as lets be honest in financial terms Europe is where we make money. From our point of view though we want to see silverware and Gerrard being in charge while they scoop up treble after treble is not good. I think Gerrard has bought himself next season but he really needs to figure out how to stop us competing for half a season then looking like a bottom 6 team.
Can’t argue with that viewpoint but a good few of our players wouldn’t have come if he wasn’t the manager.

The league is a write off now, barring a monumental catastrophe from the bheasts and a change in fortunes for us.

We must now put all our blood, sweat and tears into extending a more than decent Europa League run with a Scottish Cup victory otherwise the arguments for keeping SG next season become far weaker.

That said, I'm 100% behind him to put this right.

Let's hope this football icon gets his finger out rapidly and learns how to change a game from the dugout whilst also working on different systems for certain games.

Also we wouldnt have to rip up and start again, we have a talented squad with international footballers.. we can build upon that.

I think for starters, those wanting SG out need to come up with one or two realistic alternatives. I haven’t heard any.

Why ? It's not their job to do this.

Sticking with someone because you can't come up with an alternative isn't a good way to go about it.

I think for starters, those wanting SG out need to come up with one or two realistic alternatives. I haven’t heard any.
I'm not sure there are many/any. Managing in Scotland is hardly a 'dream job' similar to actually living here now under the secessionists.

Welcome fella

wee tip for future. When posting use paragraphs as my eyes tend to squint and my head hurts when reading:))
Will do mate, thanks.
Welcome Gazb.
Tell P_B_B. that you'll use paragraphs when he starts using capital letters, commas and full stops.
Good thread btw, most agree with you, as the recent poll suggests. You're still gonna get loads of crazy folks disagreeing and, as has been mentioned, offering no alternative. You'll already know this right enough.
Regards to all on the Patrick bus. Enjoy your typo of the week prize!

Welcome " new member" for what its worth I think some of the "well known" members on here are 19th Century Terrorists in disguise, with some of the guff that's posted on here.

It’s that realisation that’s required from the staff to allow us to do what’s required to win trophies.

Either SG and co. will rectify the short comings we have by this time next season or the knives will come out.

I’m afraid that is the reality of being a Rangers manager- three seasons without a trophy will lead to the management being removed.

Winning the SC, maybe another round Europe and at least one league win over the yahoos gives us a foundation to work from going forward however.....

If we win nothing this season and finish 10-15 points behind what magically changes next season barring a total yahoo collapse? Do we just accept sitting here a year from now talking about that lot going for 11 in a row and say maybe next season he’ll get it right?

Impossible to say what the rest of the season will unveil but if it’s a worst case scenario we seriously need to look at how we go forward.

Gerrard, his staff and the first team squad should be made to watch the Scottish Cup Final when those bastards clinch a fourth f#cking Treble in a row. That's what we want, surprisingly enough, our team winning things. If he can't deliver, at the very least, the Cup this season or the League next year he can get lost.

Let's hope this football icon gets his finger out rapidly and learns how to change a game from the dugout whilst also working on different systems for certain games.

Also we wouldnt have to rip up and start again, we have a talented squad with international footballers.. we can build upon that.
Can’t argue with that and as I said in my original post I respect all opinions. What I would say is we appointed him as a rookie and we were all thrilled to have him. It was always going to be learning on the job and hopefully he will learn quickly from previous errors. I’d also say he has made our club relevant again after some horrendous years.

Welcome Gazb.
Tell P_B_B. that you'll use paragraphs when he starts using capital letters, commas and full stops.
Good thread btw, most agree with you, as the recent poll suggests. You're still gonna get loads of crazy folks disagreeing and, as has been mentioned, offering no alternative. You'll already know this right enough.
Regards to all on the Patrick bus. Enjoy your typo of the week prize!
Thanks mate. It’s all about opinions.

Gary how are you my friend? No need for Davie to vouch for you and welcome aboard. B uh the way do you like cats or dogs ?

Welcome " new member" for what its worth I think some of the "well known" members on here are 19th Century Terrorists in disguise, with some of the guff that's posted on here.
I wouldn’t doubt that for a minute. That’s why I have waited so long to post. Thought about it for ages then the reaction since the winter break (justified imo) made me want to back SG on here.

I think there is a concern over some of the aspects of Gerrard's management but I don't think many want him out. He worries the %^*& out of me with some of his decisions and repeated mistakes but I don't want him out.

However, this idea that fans need to come up with realistic alternatives is mental. Not they don't. That's up to the Rangers board pure and simple. It's not a fan decision.

Never really understood fans using that as a defence for Gerrard - that’s Ross Wilson’s job, not the fans’ job. Nobody knows whose available, nobody would have suggested Gerrard, so it’s an utterly redundant point.

The majority of fans aren’t daft, they know a tactically naive manager when they see one.

Back