Be careful what you wish for.

I’m a new member from knightswood and before any sniff sniff comments or anything else big Davie Cooper from the Patrick bus will endorse my credibility.
I’ve been reading FF for years and been a Rangers supporter for nearly fifty years. I’ve seen the good and the bad and that’s what being a supporter is imo. I respect any posts on here and also opinions that go with them. For what it’s worth I think we should stand by SG as we have invested into him as a support and as a club. Sure we’re all disappointed just now but we have came on miles from when he took over. To rip it up and start again would be mental and set us back further. We have a football icon in charge of our amazing club and I believe he’s the man for the job. Just my opinion but as I said I respect yours.
Spot on,mate. We have to go with the gaffer,as you say it's day and night compared to where we were. Obviously a few false dawns have raised expectation levels of fans,me included. We also can't afford to pay up their contracts. Despite what the league says we're not that far away. I just wish the rest of the teams in the league got in their faces as they seem to do with us. Too many teams are playing within themselves when they come up against them

I’m a new member from knightswood and before any sniff sniff comments or anything else big Davie Cooper from the Patrick bus will endorse my credibility.
I’ve been reading FF for years and been a Rangers supporter for nearly fifty years. I’ve seen the good and the bad and that’s what being a supporter is imo. I respect any posts on here and also opinions that go with them. For what it’s worth I think we should stand by SG as we have invested into him as a support and as a club. Sure we’re all disappointed just now but we have came on miles from when he took over. To rip it up and start again would be mental and set us back further. We have a football icon in charge of our amazing club and I believe he’s the man for the job. Just my opinion but as I said I respect yours.

Good start mate and well said.

Welcome.

Sniff sni.. uck forget it. Welcome mate. Agree with your post. We need to stand by our leader. More changes are needed with the team but I agree we need to stick by our management team.

The question is whether Gerrard goes in to season three having learned some lessons. I sincerely hope that is the case.

Hes made the same mistakes for 18 months and seems to be nearly as bad as Warburtons do plan A better.

If he doesn’t turn it round in the next few domestic games I can see him being off.

Gerrard, his staff and the first team squad should be made to watch the Scottish Cup Final when those bastards clinch a fourth f#cking Treble in a row. That's what we want, surprisingly enough, our team winning things. If he can't deliver, at the very least, the Cup this season or the League next year he can get lost.
You know he was on the touchline in decembers cup final yeah?

It would send us backwards if we rip it up and start again. Gerrard should and will get at least another season

And if season three ends trophy less. Rip it up and start again?

How long are no trophies or a title challenge acceptable for?

If the bheggars manage the quadruple this season, next under Gerrard and a core of these players is going to be brutal. If they think the pressure is bad now, wait until next season where the pressure will be immense - not only to deliver a trophy, put up a title challenge but deliver a league title and stop 10.

People can bang on about tainted titles all they want. It's 9 this season, 10 comes after that. Any way, it's not about them. Two trophy less seasons under the same manager is unacceptable, three is unthinkable.

We've been out a title fight since the defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle. You could see it in the players. They were beaten, the heads gone and they offered no response. Challenging from August to January two seasons on the trot is unacceptable.

The only thing I wish for right now is to come through Braga tomorrow night - go as far as possible in the Europa League. Any thing past tomorrow is an absolute bonus. We've got to win the Scottish Cup and win the majority of league games from now on in.

Welcome Gazb.
Tell P_B_B. that you'll use paragraphs when he starts using capital letters, commas and full stops.
Good thread btw, most agree with you, as the recent poll suggests. You're still gonna get loads of crazy folks disagreeing and, as has been mentioned, offering no alternative. You'll already know this right enough.
Regards to all on the Patrick bus. Enjoy your typo of the week prize!
Fud :))

Very well said :))

A lot of what we've seen under Steven Gerrard reminds of the early days of the Souness revolution.

Building from the back we seemed to be rolling the passes across the back four as 'possession of the ball' became paramount. There were many frustrating games as we struggled to break down ten men behind the ball.

But Souness recognised that we needed iron in the team - himself, Graham Roberts, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, Mark Hateley, Terry Horlock, Neale Cooper - he was always looking for players who could compete fiercely as well as play.

That's the reality of Scottish football that Steven Gerrard has yet to embrace.

I think this post nails it. We need to be able to mix it, as well as play the nice football.
What's frustrating is that we have a couple of players in our squad (McCrorie + Docherty) that could do the job needed on occasion, but we've loaned them out whilst retaining passengers like Barker and Ojo.
Priority for me this summer would be to bring in a couple of real hard men that can still play a bit.
Albeit with the cheating refs up here, they'll likely spend most of the time in the stands suspended.

I think for starters, those wanting SG out need to come up with one or two realistic alternatives. I haven’t heard any.
Not our job. It’s the boards job to deliver a successful manager. Anytime a manager is failing this irrelevant point arises. Anyway we are stuck with SG for better or worse unless he quits. We can’t afford to sack him.

A lot of what we've seen under Steven Gerrard reminds of the early days of the Souness revolution.

Building from the back we seemed to be rolling the passes across the back four as 'possession of the ball' became paramount. There were many frustrating games as we struggled to break down ten men behind the ball.

But Souness recognised that we needed iron in the team - himself, Graham Roberts, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, Mark Hateley, Terry Horlock, Neale Cooper - he was always looking for players who could compete fiercely as well as play.

That's the reality of Scottish football that Steven Gerrard has yet to embrace.

Great post and i’ve been saying the same for the last few years. I would add though that it isn’t just Scottish clubs that need iron in the team to be successful....every team requires that wherever they are in order to be at the very top.

Sanity prevails.

Sticking with someone because you can't come up with an alternative isn't a good way to go about it.

It's a ludicrous 'retaliation'. All folk want is someone who can break the Celtic stranglehold. That may well be an unfashionable name which will be rubbished.

Good post OP.

However, there's zero cause for concern. SG is going nowhere. The vast majority of Rangers fans support him in his position.

FF is always an outlier due to a vocal minority of maniacs and attention seekers.

Well done mate on not having this urge to post a world ending thread. Welcome to the pa.. madhouse :))

I still think he needs more time.

We were right up against it in European terms but he has worked wonders on that front.

I agree he still needs to learn that up here we need some dig, as our quality is not near a Liverpool.

I would be more worried about him jacking in than getting pushed. Some of his comments lately show he is more than a little frustrated.

He's in China most likely earning millions

He'd be a good pick but he's not realistic - we can't afford him.

I think GvB would be a disaster. I know he won a cup and league title - Feyenoord's first in 18 years - but there were plenty critical of his management.

Feyenoord’s inability to change the course of the game especially against lesser opposition. Lack of plan B when plan A wasn't working. Whenever Feyenoord were struggling to break a team down, or trying to find a way back into a match, GvB would rarely venture away from his get the ball wide and cross it, his stubborn and predictable 4-3-3 formation was eventually sussed out. I'm sure he was out of two title races by the turn of the new year.

All sounds a bit familiar.

Good post OP.

However, there's zero cause for concern. SG is going nowhere. The vast majority of Rangers fans support him in his position.

FF is always an outlier due to a vocal minority of maniacs and attention seekers.
So because people dont have the same opinion as you they are maniac and attention seekers get a grip everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Welcome mate, another loyalist Knightswood bear here. My take on Gerrard is this.
He needs to get to grips with Scottish football and you've got to wonder why a player of his stature has taken so long to figure it out.
Every game we play is a cup final for the other team. Obviously some skillful players are required but we need some hard bast@rds that want it more than the opposition. A no nonsense give phuck all away defence is a must for the Scottish game.
Look at that park on Sunday, it was not a surface fo tippy tappy one touch football. It should have been row Z from the defence and the midfield required an Ian Ferguson type.
As others have said I think an assistant in the Smith mould would have been ideal for Gerrard the same way it worked out for Souness.
Gerrard isn't far away and deserves next season but he needs to learn quickly.

Welcome mate, another loyalist Knightswood bear here. My take on Gerrard is this.
He needs to get to grips with Scottish football and you've got to wonder why a player of his stature has taken so long to figure it out.
Every game we play is a cup final for the other team. Obviously some skillful players are required but we need some hard bast@rds that want it more than the opposition. A no nonsense give phuck all away defence is a must for the Scottish game.
Look at that park on Sunday, it was not a surface fo tippy tappy one touch football. It should have been row Z from the defence and the midfield required an Ian Ferguson type.
As others have said I think an assistant in the Smith mould would have been ideal for Gerrard the same way it worked out for Souness.
Gerrard isn't far away and deserves next season but he needs to learn quickly.
I agree with you our tactics on a blustery day and a ploughed pitch should have been for McGregor to punt it long and let their defence deal with it, when Allan passed to whoever in defence, the mind numbing unnecessary passing about at the back was taking about a minute every time, its just crazy

Last edited:
So because people dont have the same opinion as you they are maniac and attention seekers get a grip everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Of course not.

It's because people don't have the same opinion as the vast majority of Rangers fans that I'm suggesting they're maniacs or attention seekers.

Add panty-wetting panic-merchants to that list, too.

Anyone who thinks SG should be sacked is a f*cking halfwit. That's my opinion.

Of course not.

It's because people don't have the same opinion as the vast majority of Rangers fans that I'm suggesting they're maniacs or attention seekers.

Add panty-wetting panic-merchants to that list, too.

Anyone who thinks SG should be sacked is a f*cking halfwit. That's my opinion.
You definitely are but that's my opinion.

You definitely are but that's my opinion.

Do you want SG out?

Or is your comment just some wholly unrelated shit-talk?

I can't see a way anyone can convince me that removal of SG could be seen as a remotely positive, practical or warrantable thing.

Ergo, the absolute howlers I've seen on social media suggesting we get rid of SG are, by extension, a wee bit on the mindless side. Or craving a bit of attention. Likely both. I think that's a reasonable enough supposition.

The only change i would liek to see in the management structure would to have a very experienced manager installed as number 2.

Gerrard has improved us from where we were 2 years ago.

For some the improvement hasn't been as quick as they would like and I understand that.

Next year is the marker for me. A sustained title challenge is a must. Even if we were to lose it on the final day of the season I would still see that as improvement. I imagine quite a few would disagree though.

Reactions: cav
Do you want SG out?

Or is your comment just some wholly unrelated shit-talk?

I can't see a way anyone can convince me that removal of SG could be seen as a remotely positive, practical or warrantable thing.

Ergo, the absolute howlers I've seen on social media suggesting we get rid of SG are, by extension, a wee bit on the mindless side. Or craving a bit of attention. Likely both. I think that's a reasonable enough supposition.
I am not trying to convince you of anything but the total crap you post about other fans because they dont have the same opinion as yourself is very childish .

Gerrard has improved us from where we were 2 years ago.

For some the improvement hasn't been as quick as they would like and I understand that.

Next year is the marker for me. A sustained title challenge is a must. Even if we were to lose it on the final day of the season I would still see that as improvement. I imagine quite a few would disagree though.
He won’t survive beyond next season without either both cups or the title rightly or wrongly that is the reality of it.

I expect by the end of next transfer window he’ll have spent in the region of forty million on players by that time,that amount of backing comes with conditions imo.

Someone like Gerrard deserves 3 years minimum. I wish we had his calibre earlier and we are improving. On our day I believe we are the best footballing team in Scotland but too many players with an attitude/application problem. I'm sure he will get tougher with time.

I am not trying to convince you of anything but the total crap you post about other fans because they dont have the same opinion as yourself is very childish .

Perhaps mate.

I reckon my mind-set is an unfortunate by-product of my usage of social media, particularly some of the absolute shite posted on twitter by Rangers fans ref: SG.

I find it difficult to comprehend - particularly against the backdrop of the last 8 years - the shite that's been directed towards SG on social media by Rangers fans. In some cases, it's getting a wee bit nasty.

It's not the fact these people have a different opinion to me that I find offensive. It's the fact their views are largely unjustifiable and, to me at least, reek of a need to stir-it-up and facilitate engagement.

I just cannot wrap my head around the logic of wanting Gerrard sacked. It's just staggering. It plays into the on-going mentally challenged fantasy; the rumours being peddled about a lack of harmony in the squad and the near-sexual frenzy in the media about the potential failure of Gerrard.

For that reason, I'm struggling to see any Rangers fan who wants SG gone, with immediate effect, as anything other an easily-swayed, thoughtless simpleton with the memory of a goldfish.

As a side note, I'd get off social media if there weren't so many knowledgeable bears on it.

I think for starters, those wanting SG out need to come up with one or two realistic alternatives. I haven’t heard any.

With all due respect (and I am behind Gerrard) it is the boards job to come up with answers should Gerrard resign or be sacked.

The whole well it could be worse is extremely flawed, it could also be far better, we might get a manager who can get far better out the players

The thing is Gerrard needs and will be judged on results, not on who could replace him.

Back