Be Clear, It’s not the songs, our existence offends them

bearspaw

I was very down about all this shit yesterday, now I am an angry Bear.
We need to stop singing something (though no one has yet told us what) . I am assuming we need to give 50p and TBB a miss, but seems to me any song with the word 19th Century Terrorist or pope in it is likely to be an issue.
But the real issue isn’t just those 2 words, we offend people in this country because our values as a support (in the main) include supporting the Union, supporting our Armed Forces and so on don’t align with the values of Celtc and the Indy band.
There is without doubt a campaign going on to achieve the Espanolisation of our Club.
There is a vile campaign going on that is immersed in an appalling set of double standards where a serious crowd incident like that ar the Cup final is reported less seriously than our game at Rugby Park.
There is surely not one Bear who doesn’t believe this is happening to a greater or lesser extent.
The only crumb of comfort is that it is being ramped up because we are well and truly back.
What we need now is some leadership. We need leadership that helps us to protect the club but retain our broader values, we need to focus on the positive and ramp up the pressure on our enemies.
We have had many battles over the last 15 years in this war, and it is a war, from the lack of support we had in our UEFA year thru the lower league years and now this “crisis”, we have come through them all but now we need to find a way to win the war.
No surrendering, no surrender.

True, UEFA don't care about us, but Rangers hating FARE certainly do and wish to cause as much damage to us as possible. That is not paranoia.

The club will need to be way more proactive tackling this issue now.

It’s not just about us cutting out the offending words, songs and chants - that simply has to happen and the most severe punishment should be doled out to individuals doing so - but it’s also about ensuring there is a level playing field governing any attempt to hammer us domestically if the same measures are not being applied to the Beasts.

That is going to need someone from the club to pipe up after every offending slur from the green and grey asking why there is no recourse.

They want a one way street and it will be if we let them - the club need to take a stand on this now and realise the time for sitting on their hands is over.

Look I’ve tried to keep out of this

I’m angry!!

I have no doubt the songs will stop. I also have no doubt this will not be enough.

Unfortunately we have not lost only the battle...we have lost the war.

TBB is our anthem it’s rousing and stirring and it’s not about murdering catholic’s

Dundee’s version of TBB is far more offensive (not that it’s offensive)

The OP is 100% correct. It’s our existence that they hate NOT our songs

If UEFA do not consider things offensive it doesn't matter if FARE, or anyone else reports them.

The problem is that it's a sliding scale of punishments and if people don't stop then things will only get worse.

That's saying nothing of the damage it's already doing. People are missing games, the club is losing out on income, the club's reputation is being damaged.

UEFA ruling will be used to harm us in Scotland. See Alison McConnells article in the other thread. This is just being ramped up

Last edited:
If UEFA do not consider things offensive it doesn't matter if FARE, or anyone else reports them.

The problem is that it's a sliding scale of punishments and if people don't stop then things will only get worse.

That's saying nothing of the damage it's already doing. People are missing games, the club is losing out on income, the club's reputation is being damaged.

I don't think you quite get it, mate. UEFA only issue sanctions on FARE recommendations or the UEFA match delegate. We were fined before despite the UEFA match delegate complimenting our fans. FARE told UEFA otherwise and we were hammered by the authorities. FARE have a vendetta against our club.

We need to stop singing something (though no one has yet told us what) . I am assuming we need to give 50p and TBB a miss, but seems to me any song with the word 19th Century Terrorist or pope in it is likely to be an issue.
But the real issue isn’t just those 2 words, we offend people in this country because our values as a support (in the main) include supporting the Union, supporting our Armed Forces and so on don’t align with the values of Celtc and the Indy band.
There is without doubt a campaign going on to achieve the Espanolisation of our Club.
There is a vile campaign going on that is immersed in an appalling set of double standards where a serious crowd incident like that ar the Cup final is reported less seriously than our game at Rugby Park.
There is surely not one Bear who doesn’t believe this is happening to a greater or lesser extent.
The only crumb of comfort is that it is being ramped up because we are well and truly back.
What we need now is some leadership. We need leadership that helps us to protect the club but retain our broader values, we need to focus on the positive and ramp up the pressure on our enemies.
We have had many battles over the last 15 years in this war, and it is a war, from the lack of support we had in our UEFA year thru the lower league years and now this “crisis”, we have come through them all but now we need to find a way to win the war.
This is our Dunkirk mate, they have guns to our heads and unless we want to go down in a blaze of glory we are going to have to obey UEFA for now, we then need to re-organise, re group and start taking on the filth on the domestic front.

In europe we are going to have to suck it up, the narrative of political correctness, self loathing and hand wringing has gained too much momentum.

F*** UEFA/SPFL/SFA/EU/SNP

We could change the words in TBB and they would still come after us for inciting violence. Sing The Sash alone and they will say we are referencing a group which oppresses Catholics. Sing Derry’s Walls only and they will say we are singing about battling Catholics. Sing Penny Arcade and they will make up lies about it referencing killing a catholic. Whatever we do we are Big Bad Rangers.

We are the enemy of our government and almost half the population. It is not paranoid to say that, it is common sense. Anyone who can’t see why it is in the SNP’s interests to demonise the Rangers support and actively harm the Club, then you just aren’t paying attention. Rangers are the lasting bastion of Unionism in this country and the nationalists will do whatever they can to destroy us.

I don't think you quite get it, mate. UEFA only issue sanctions on FARE recommendations or the UEFA match delegate. We were fined before despite the UEFA match delegate complimenting our fans. FARE told UEFA otherwise and we were hammered by the authorities. FARE have a vendetta against our club.

I din't know that, I thought FARE reported incidents to UEFA, who then decided whether the regulations were breached or not.

If it is FARE who are making the decision that is an absolute disgrace.

Until our club wakes up and realises that we are a target in a wider 'culture war' we will remain a reactionary victim. The recent 'Everyone, Anyone' launch was good, but was meaningless to those who have us in their sights.

We need to box clever in the stands, but, by God, we need effective 'political affairs' work and not just PR.

So they have a vendetta . Don’t give them any ammunition then, simples. Starve them of oxygen and they go away.

We take our punishment on the chin and hopefully move on to a new era. Lessons learned.
But it’s still frustrating that other clubs, one in particular, get overlooked for being equally, if not more offensive.
In more recent times when we were in the lower divisions these songs were being sung (not condoning it). but we weren’t a threat to anyone so they left us alone.

Is it a coincidence now that Gerard has got us into a position where we’re hopefully going to be challenging for trophies, that they’ve now ramped it up a notch.?? ...I think not.

But I reiterate, we deserve the punishment handed out to us and hopefully we move on to this new era.

I din't know that, I thought FARE reported incidents to UEFA, who then decided whether the regulations were breached or not.

If it is FARE who are making the decision that is an absolute disgrace.

FARE do not decide anything, UEFA do.

OP has nailed it. We need to be very careful we all know it’s a media driven campaign to destroy us and tbh it’s working. However we have a world star as our manager and providing we play ball this man will protect us and deliver 55.
Our saviour is right in front of us in the dug out. Give him what he wants stop the songs and he will deliver and then watch the melt down.

If you go on the UEFA website its a stock penalty for racist /sectarian singing every club reported ,and there's a lot all got a minimum partial closing of stadiums . Most got complete closure for this charge for up to three games . one player got a ten match ban for racist behaviour in the park .
So obviously UEFA ate taking the word of whoever is filing the complaint . No discussion with clubs ,No investigation finding out the facts and no form of appeal the decision .Basically Stalins Russia would have been proud of this format of discipline .Thought we lived in a Democracy

I’ve no doubt that our fans will tow the party line and stop the singing; we have done it before. But once that’s done then I want our club to go on the offensive and out other clubs fans that are more blatant than us.
Simply put mate we have to.

Look I’ve tried to keep out of this

I’m angry!!

I have no doubt the songs will stop. I also have no doubt this will not be enough.

Unfortunately we have not lost only the battle...we have lost the war.

TBB is our anthem it’s rousing and stirring and it’s not about murdering catholic’s

Dundee’s version of TBB is far more offensive (not that it’s offensive)

The OP is 100% correct. It’s our existence that they hate NOT our songs

Doesn’t matter. There’s no way the club are going to fight to allow us to continue singing a song glamourising razor gang violence against Catholics.

It’s gone. We have to accept that and move on.

The wider issue of a republican / anti unionist Scottish society looking for ways to neuter a resurgent Rangers is a different matter and the club does need to take a stand on that, but TBB needs to go.

If you go on the UEFA website its a stock penalty for racist /sectarian singing every club reported ,and there's a lot all got a minimum partial closing of stadiums . Most got complete closure for this charge for up to three games . one player got a ten match ban for racist behaviour in the park .
So obviously UEFA ate taking the word of whoever is filing the complaint . No discussion with clubs ,No investigation finding out the facts and no form of appeal the decision .Basically Stalins Russia would have been proud of this format of discipline .Thought we lived in a Democracy
Very much like the EU

Bailed them out in 2 wars to get dictated to

They trying to get us bans from Europe so they constantly have free reign to access champs league at same hindering us to European cash of any sort

League points deducted and an empty Ibrox on match days for starters.
See shit post like this don’t help and starts a siege mentality....cut out anything to do with the pope or the word 19th Century Terrorist and there won’t be a problem...keep that shit away from Ibrox and nothing will happen to us....it really simple to understand

We need get any and all Rangers / Protestant / Orange / British organisations involved in defending our traditions. I want to erase overtly offensive words or songs / chants from the Rangers support home or away. But simultaneously I want parity and equality. Right now we are easy pickings for anyone to attack. I want to see these groups set up joint committees to come up with a robust and effective strategy to deal with these issues going forward. I want to see money raised to fund dedicated public relations and legal experts dedicated to advise and combat our enemies. There are many experienced and knowledgable political or legal people even in Northern Ireland that could be of assistance if approached as a starting point. We need drastic action.

They trying to get us bans from Europe so they constantly have free reign to access champs league at same hindering us to European cash of any sort
You can bet the bheasts black ops department are in very high spirits just now, their rancid club was under a lot of pressure, pig eyed Pete's pal at Kilmarnock egging on the UEFA delegate and pointing out the bad words has paid dividends

We are always going to be hated. Nothing is going to change that - and it doesn’t bother me one bit.

They love our songbook more than we do. Just cut out the shite - it’s not difficult to grasp.

So they have a vendetta . Don’t give them any ammunition then, simples. Starve them of oxygen and they go away.

Aww just %^*& off, we don’t certain songs and UEFA won’t have a problem for us, why are some struggling to see this??

Scary how naive some of you folk are. Know thy enemy clearly not something that’s widely adopted in the support.

People like Piara Power and FARE won’t rest until we’re gone.

it’s not rocket science what songs can’t be sung. We shouldn’t need to be told what we can sing or not. It’s common sense stop singing the Billy Boys, any song including addons. There is a potential we could end up losing our iconic simply the best song due to add ons. We should sing about the club, it’s history, it’s fantastic manager and the current players!

See shit post like this don’t help and starts a siege mentality....cut out anything to do with the pope or the word 19th Century Terrorist and there won’t be a problem...keep that shit away from Ibrox and nothing will happen to us....it really simple to understand

spot on. I think our biggest struggle will be the away support.

Scary how naive some of you folk are. Know thy enemy clearly not something that’s widely adopted in the support.

People like Piara Power and FARE won’t rest until we’re gone.
How hard can it be to behave for a couple of hours and not
Damage our football club if some cannot do that they will
Ruin it for the whole Rangers family because we are on verge
Of something really great

Very much like the EU

Bailed them out in 2 wars to get dictated to
Not as clear as that defender ,point I was making UEFA taking one opinion as fact, no debate so for instance the other day on here a poster informed us one game the delegate gave a good report about us ,FARE gave a bad UEFA ignored the delegate and fined us on the report from FARE. Its almost like the discipline panel here we get cited all the time 20 to 1 believe with the scum mostly through BBC .
So a organisation not connected with the SFA and UEFA is determining who needs punished its not right on so many levels .

Back