Be Clear, It’s not the songs, our existence offends them

See shit post like this don’t help and starts a siege mentality....cut out anything to do with the pope or the word 19th Century Terrorist and there won’t be a problem...keep that shit away from Ibrox and nothing will happen to us....it really simple to understand
Okay mate,I hear you.Imagine a seige mentality amongst Rangers fans eh?I think we'll need it pretty soon but you carry on with your eyes wide shut.All the best.

How hard can it be to behave for a couple of hours and not
Damage our football club if some cannot do that they will
Ruin it for the whole Rangers family because we are on verge
Of something really great

Sorry, where have I argued against that? Why do people continually think this is a valid retort? Arguing against FARE doesn’t equate to condoning other behaviour.

The lack of reasoned debate on here is utterly disheartening.

Yes, it is our existence that annoys them but they can't punish us for that. They can punish for songs. However, there is no doubt they'd find something else.

Look I’ve tried to keep out of this

I’m angry!!

I have no doubt the songs will stop. I also have no doubt this will not be enough.

Unfortunately we have not lost only the battle...we have lost the war.

TBB is our anthem it’s rousing and stirring and it’s not about murdering catholic’s

Dundee’s version of TBB is far more offensive (not that it’s offensive)

The OP is 100% correct. It’s our existence that they hate NOT our songs
But it’s the songs that will get our club in trouble.

They will hate us even more if we can bin these 3 songs drop the add ons and give the bastards %^*& all to talk about.

They will hate us even more if we can bin these 3 songs drop the add ons and give the bastards %^*& all to talk about.
Mate they will find something.if we all sang oh.what a beautiful morning during a match they would find something sinister about it.think penny arcade they manage to try and turn that into something sinister.

Not as clear as that defender ,point I was making UEFA taking one opinion as fact, no debate so for instance the other day on here a poster informed us one game the delegate gave a good report about us ,FARE gave a bad UEFA ignored the delegate and fined us on the report from FARE. Its almost like the discipline panel here we get cited all the time 20 to 1 believe with the scum mostly through BBC .
So a organisation not connected with the SFA and UEFA is determining who needs punished its not right on so many levels .
They know full well Fare are very suspect mate, there's a Bain statement from a while back telling them exactly that. You wouldn't take advice from a suspect source and neither would I, Fare are filth and UEFA are also corrupt, we are clearly on their watch list

Scary how naive some of you folk are. Know thy enemy clearly not something that’s widely adopted in the support.

People like Piara Power and FARE won’t rest until we’re gone.

Not naive - old enough to know which battles to fight. This one is over. We cannot justify the songs we sing.

Time to regroup, rethink and move on.

It’s Niave to think that we can sign FTP and the Vatican at a European football match and not expect to get punished.

Where have I suggested that not to be the case?

But if and when the song book is cleaned up, I'm not naive enough to think they will stop their attacks on our club. FFS already today we have had a prominent pundit, who has political ambitions, claim that our orange away kit from last season was sectarian.

But if and when the song book is cleaned up, I'm not naive enough to think they will stop their attacks on our club. FFS already today we have had a prominent pundit, who has political ambitions, claim that our orange away kit from last season was sectarian.
So get our own house in order before going after them. You don’t go on the attack from a position of weakness.

UEFA ruling will be used to harm us in Scotland. See Alison McConnells article in the other thread. This is just being ramped up

Alison" I used to work for Celtic" McConnell, has a damned brass neck! She supports a club that sings racist pro-IRA songs, their club plays pro-republican music over the tannoy, sing sectarian songs, just the other week against Cluj their supporters threw missiles at the Cluj players..

The big difference is Celtic and the catholic church MPs and every catholic come out and stand as one, we on the other hand are so divided Rangers the church of Scotland, orange order and all fan groups must amalgamate as one.

They won,t mate you can not appease haters.

The club will need to be way more proactive tackling this issue now.

It’s not just about us cutting out the offending words, songs and chants - that simply has to happen and the most severe punishment should be doled out to individuals doing so - but it’s also about ensuring there is a level playing field governing any attempt to hammer us domestically if the same measures are not being applied to the Beasts.

That is going to need someone from the club to pipe up after every offending slur from the green and grey asking why there is no recourse.

They want a one way street and it will be if we let them - the club need to take a stand on this now and realise the time for sitting on their hands is over.
Yep, the current structure and status quo simply cannot continue. Our board need to start defending the club.

Yes, it is our existence that annoys them but they can't punish us for that. They can punish for songs. However, there is no doubt they'd find something else.
Indeed. Fans thinking that our enemies would simply go away after we drop a few songs and add-one are deluded. They are still pursuing us for the UEFA license in 2011/12 for fuuck sakes. There will always be something else.

I don't think there are many of us that think the sensible way forward is to continue singing songs that are under scrutiny (rightly or wrongly). What I think some folk aren't grasping is that once it stops we will be targeted on a different front.

Wrong, mate. UEFA in Switzerland do not decide what is deemed offensive (they do). That is the job of the (UEFA) Match Delegate, FARE (wrong) or both. UEFA in Nyon only issue punishments on the incoming respective match reports. (Horse shit, UEFA are the ruling body)

Ok bud, I'll be blunt. FARE report what they consider to be offensive songs, as can any member of the public, even you.

FARE do not sing offensive songs, FARE do not make up the rules, FARE do not issue the punishments.

We have a big problem with some of our fans (and some of our posters). We need to get our own house in order first.

Then, and only then, can we address the issue of FARE, their agenda and their secrecy.

I was very down about all this shit yesterday, now I am an angry Bear.
We need to stop singing something (though no one has yet told us what) . I am assuming we need to give 50p and TBB a miss, but seems to me any song with the word 19th Century Terrorist or pope in it is likely to be an issue.
But the real issue isn’t just those 2 words, we offend people in this country because our values as a support (in the main) include supporting the Union, supporting our Armed Forces and so on don’t align with the values of Celtc and the Indy band.
There is without doubt a campaign going on to achieve the Espanolisation of our Club.
There is a vile campaign going on that is immersed in an appalling set of double standards where a serious crowd incident like that ar the Cup final is reported less seriously than our game at Rugby Park.
There is surely not one Bear who doesn’t believe this is happening to a greater or lesser extent.
The only crumb of comfort is that it is being ramped up because we are well and truly back.
What we need now is some leadership. We need leadership that helps us to protect the club but retain our broader values, we need to focus on the positive and ramp up the pressure on our enemies.
We have had many battles over the last 15 years in this war, and it is a war, from the lack of support we had in our UEFA year thru the lower league years and now this “crisis”, we have come through them all but now we need to find a way to win the war.
No surrendering, no surrender.
Hear hear mate!

Mate the Union Jackpot offends some.

Says it all.

Cut out the sectarian crap, promote our club through our Rangers songs, but please don't believe for a moment that this ends with tbb and super rangers and the add ons. They will try and target us with something else.

I was very down about all this shit yesterday, now I am an angry Bear.
We need to stop singing something (though no one has yet told us what) . I am assuming we need to give 50p and TBB a miss, but seems to me any song with the word 19th Century Terrorist or pope in it is likely to be an issue.
But the real issue isn’t just those 2 words, we offend people in this country because our values as a support (in the main) include supporting the Union, supporting our Armed Forces and so on don’t align with the values of Celtc and the Indy band.
There is without doubt a campaign going on to achieve the Espanolisation of our Club.
There is a vile campaign going on that is immersed in an appalling set of double standards where a serious crowd incident like that ar the Cup final is reported less seriously than our game at Rugby Park.
There is surely not one Bear who doesn’t believe this is happening to a greater or lesser extent.
The only crumb of comfort is that it is being ramped up because we are well and truly back.
What we need now is some leadership. We need leadership that helps us to protect the club but retain our broader values, we need to focus on the positive and ramp up the pressure on our enemies.
We have had many battles over the last 15 years in this war, and it is a war, from the lack of support we had in our UEFA year thru the lower league years and now this “crisis”, we have come through them all but now we need to find a way to win the war.
No surrendering, no surrender.
It’s not complicated , don’t feel the need to sing about 19th Century Terrorists or the pope at a football match. It’s 2019 FFS , secondly don’t set your standards by the mhanky mob.

It’s not complicated , don’t feel the need to sing about 19th Century Terrorists or the pope at a football match. It’s 2019 FFS , secondly don’t set your standards by the mhanky mob.

I would suggest its very complicated, if people that hate Rangers set the agenda then you could prob go through most songs and say theres something that will upset them.

Its pretty obvious singing the bb at a european game is mental and that we are in real danger of losing a top class manager because of the issue but its far from simple if it was the board would have sorted it by now. Its a tough one and our enemies that spend every second of their life attacking us know it.

I would suggest its very complicated, if people that hate Rangers set the agenda then you could prob go through most songs and say theres something that will upset them.

Its pretty obvious singing the bb at a european game is mental and that we are in real danger of losing a top class manager because of the issue but its far from simple if it was the board would have sorted it by now. Its a tough one and our enemies that spend every second of their life attacking us know it.

Sometimes complex issues have simple solutions.

For the moment there is an easy course of action for our fans, don't sing about the pope and don't sing about 19th Century Terrorists.

There is an issue with FARE, and there is an issue with biased reporting in the media which will be easier to address if we're not constantly shooting ourselves in the foot.

But they won't go away. Our enemy does not go away. They work on this stuff 24/7.

No, they won't go away. We need to expose them for the bigots they clearly are.

But first we must clean up our own act, get on the front foot and attack them at every opportunity.

It’s not complicated,leave it for the bus/club/house , and then give it laldy, the night we burned Ardoyne please

In Scotland we have the ultimate weapon. If they threaten us we tell them to keep their tickets. We can police Ibrox and if they sell tickets to anyone it’s their responsibility at their ground.

UEFA are punishing us. UEFA are offended by our existence? Same said UEFA recognised us as same club after liquidation of holding company. If they were so offended by our existence that was the perfect opportunity to make a point.

Our songs offend them. Nothing else, Mulder.

No, they won't go away. We need to expose them for the bigots they clearly are.

But first we must clean up our own act, get on the front foot and attack them at every opportunity.

We did expose them for the bigots they are, we did clean up our own act and not a thing was done.

People in our support could see that bigotry wasn’t being prosecuted across the city, and (wrongly) assumed there would equally be no consequences for us.

Cutting out any sectarian singing goes without saying, but if we don’t have strong leadership to take this forward and deliver some killing blows to our enemies, then we’ll be doing more damage to our club long term than any singing would.

We did expose them for the bigots they are, we did clean up our own act and not a thing was done.

People in our support could see that bigotry wasn’t being prosecuted across the city, and (wrongly) assumed there would equally be no consequences for us.

Cutting out any sectarian singing goes without saying, but if we don’t have strong leadership to take this forward and deliver some killing blows to our enemies, then we’ll be doing more damage to our club long term than any singing would.

Strong leadership is exactly what we need, from the Club and from the various supporters groups.

We need to be united. This is a battle we can win.

you do realise you contradicted yourself in a space of a few sentences

We could change the words in TBB and they would still come after us for inciting violence. Sing The Sash alone and they will say we are referencing a group which oppresses Catholics. Sing Derry’s Walls only and they will say we are singing about battling Catholics. Sing Penny Arcade and they will make up lies about it referencing killing a catholic. Whatever we do we are Big Bad Rangers.

We are the enemy of our government and almost half the population. It is not paranoid to say that, it is common sense. Anyone who can’t see why it is in the SNP’s interests to demonise the Rangers support and actively harm the Club, then you just aren’t paying attention. Rangers are the lasting bastion of Unionism in this country and the nationalists will do whatever they can to destroy us.

I agree but would love them to come after these songs without the add ons. We cant fight back while we are still FTP ing it and singing about being up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood. It's not just about 1 word either. The songs we cant sing are fairly obvious. Nothing complicated about it. Once we lose the add ons we can counter from a position of strength. Would love to see even UEFA try and explain why the sash or DWs was sectarian or racist. All the rest are indefensible from the clubs position and rightly so. Get our own house in order then we can counter. While we continue to sing about the pope etc then we dont have a keg to stand on. Balls in our court. Just keep the head for 90 mins

Although this is news because of UEFA, make no mistake our enemies lie within our OWN backyard.

All our haters are having a free pop at us.

Stewart, Lirrel Roger Midchell, Alison McConnell, Odious Creep..........and on and on.

Not ONE of these people uttered a word about a certain banner at the Paedodome on 1st day of the season.

I know it sounds thick - but, we really do need in black and white what is acceptable and what isn't. Purely so these haters don't get to change the goalposts.

The same people who will claim the red tops on our socks is to do with 19th Century Terrorist blood, the same people who tell us the bouncy is about jumping on catholics, the same people who tell us the hokey cokey is sectarian are also the same people who tell us that "hun" is not sectarian...................

we are certainly not ever going to begin to fight back if sections of our own support will not take a telling,and continue to give others the amo to fire at us,we cannot get ourselves into a fight ,when some of those behind us are actively shooting us from the back

The same people who will claim the red tops on our socks is to do with 19th Century Terrorist blood, the same people who tell us the bouncy is about jumping on catholics, the same people who tell us the hokey cokey is sectarian are also the same people who tell us that "hun" is not sectarian...................

Does anyone really take these accusations seriously?

Maybe a few CFC minded individuals?

Sometimes complex issues have simple solutions.

For the moment there is an easy course of action for our fans, don't sing about the pope and don't sing about 19th Century Terrorists.

There is an issue with FARE, and there is an issue with biased reporting in the media which will be easier to address if we're not constantly shooting ourselves in the foot.

Yeah thats pretty good advice(not fathers ofc) for the moment anyway, i couldnt disagree with that need to do what whatever we can make sure we dont get kicked out of europe and piss off the boss.... i dont think thats gonna be enough i am 100 per cent sure its not gonna be enough.

Back