Be honest - did anyone expect a romp?

Their collapse has been furthered and deepened by our form. We haven’t given them any break or sign of collapsing. Four away draws and the rest being wins is relentless pressure.
Thats one thing that we havent really applied in the last couple of years - scoreboard pressure.

We havent got ahead and then kept our foot down, weve dropped points quickly and let them back into it. This season while they were pissing about with games in hand and postponed matches for a Dubai stag do we have just kept on winning every single week. Through 3 periods of questionable scheduling with 3 or 4 of the toughest games on the spin, through the gruelling December fixtures while they were playing cannon fodder, through January which has seen a disaster the last couple of years.

Just kept winning which left them absolutely no margin for error. They couldnt lose at Ibrox. They did. They couldnt drop points from their rearranged games. They did. They couldnt waste their games in hand. They did. They couldnt drop points after Dubai. They did.

Last edited:
Nope.

I didn't think we'd win the league this year and thought Gerrad would be gone.

Delighted I'm wrong on both counts.

At the start of the season the mhedia claimed that they were stronger in every position. Currently a combined eleven would probably be Tim free.

I’m hoping that when we visit them in a few weeks we will have one of our players wipe his nose on the corner flag, another player can tie a scarf to the goalposts, and the whole team do a lap of honour to ram it down their throats that the Rangers are back where we belong.

It’s been a horrible depressing time with this virus shite but thank you Gerard and the boys for making things so much better. Would hate to be them just now lol

I hoped we'd win it but I thought it would come down to a small margin of points, possibly last day of season. Never could I forsee us blowing away all and sundry this well

We still weren't any better off in terms of points this season even in December. I was assuming the thread was looking for pre-season opinions the OF game was a 1/4 of the way through the season.
We applied pressure they crumbled... Enjoy it I know i am

Being truthful I had some hope we'd win it under SG...but every daydream was in essence Helicopter Sunday, or similar.

I just couldn't see filth being so unprepared for a genuine challenge.

Did any of you actually really believe wheels would come off for them and of so why?
Nope. I can't decide if it's better this way or if a last minute goal in the last game of the season would have been better.

Being truthful I had some hope we'd win it under SG...but every daydream was in essence Helicopter Sunday, or similar.

I just couldn't see filth being so unprepared for a genuine challenge.

Did any of you actually really believe wheels would come off for them and of so why?
Absolutely not , maybe 3 or 4 points but this has been beyond my wildest dreams , I’ve never laughed so much in a season and not set foot in Ibrox stadium ( I ran past it one morning , which was cool) I’ve also never drank as much alcohol when they’ve fucked up for a long time either !!!

Really fancied us to win it.
I thought, and now know we have better players in just about every position. What I didn’t expect was for them to collapse and put us in a position that we can win if pre split- outstanding it really is

No one in their right mind could have predicted the magnitude of their collapse however I think most of us were thinking, maybe hopefully, that if we could get a run going they might buckle. They haven’t just buckled, the are broken. If we get CL football we could really do a number on them.

When they appointed Lennon I thought we'd walk the next season.

Was just starting to think maybe Neic was a better manager than I gave him credit for then this season happened

I would have happily taken still being in the mix when it got to the split. Can’t believe how it’s turned out, literally everything they’ve done has been a total cluster %^*& and that’s really pleasing!

Their collapse has been furthered and deepened by our form. We haven’t given them any break or sign of collapsing. Four away draws and the rest being wins is relentless pressure.
I agree. We gave them no breathing space at the start and I think they were taken a back,especially seeing how we performed in Europe.
Also watching us scoring a goal like Roofe‘s from the half way line must have scunnered them big time.

I thought if we were close to them come jan transfer window they would burst the bank to get better quality players had no idea how things would turn out but let’s be honest we have been magnificent domestically and in Europe
There seemed to be this line of thinking that they'd spend in january of they had to get it over the line.

I bet nobody predicted them having a mid season fire sale!

The thing i was most worried about was if we actuallly did collapse the gaffer would leave and all the progress we had made would have drained away and we were looking at them doing 15 or 16 in a row. Like someone else said it's scar tissue that's not quite healed.

After the first old firm I though we would tbh. It just had that feel about it you sometimes get in football, an inevitability to it. It's just too good a story for it not to happen.
Of course to everyone else I was saying one game at a time.

I thought we had a chance of winning but not in the manner that we have.
At the start of the season, I had a rivalry of a mentally challenged I work alongside, we traded jokes and wind ups. He was adament that it would go down to the wire, they had games in hand yak yak yak. I asked him a couple of weeks ago “what happened to your team yesterday” his reply was “ I’m not that interested in football, I’m more of a rugby man”. Says it all :shh:

I thought come the split, it would come down to the last game against them to see who would go on to win, 2-3 points in it before the last OF game was my thinking, this however is beyond my wildest dreams, I just want the 7 points in the bag ASAP.

Been saying since the day Lennon got the job permanently they'd implode. It just took a wee bit longer than I expected. I've always felt guys like McGregor/Christie/Rogic etc were ludicrously overrated and took a bit of stick for it too.

I'm not surprised in the least that they've crumbled under pressure. I always suspected they might with Lennon in charge.

What I have been surprised at is our consistency, I wasn't convinced we had what it takes to put them under the sort of sustained pressure for them to cave. But we've just been fucking brilliant.

At the start of the season I would have been delighted to go into the split still in touch and with a chance to win it by winning the last OF game. After we absolutely trounced them in their own midden in the first OF game of the season I've been pretty confident of winning the league but the manner in which we've managed that has been sensational.
All whilst delivering brilliant performances and results in Europe to go with it.

I thought it would be tighter but I fully believed we would stop them this season. beating them at Celtic park last season was huge for the confidence of the team and our confidence built and built from there and although we didn’t go on and win the league , we knew we were catching up and building a proper team. That team is now delivering consistently and 55 is coming.

I was still nervous before the united game so god knows how I’d have handled it if it went down to the last couple of games. For some reason it is much more nerve wracking for me when watching on tv.

I was going to open a new post similar to this. I think we were cautiously optimistic, but I didn't think it would be a stroll, cigar in one hand, champagne flute in the other. I expected a tight race to the end.
Let's not forget, since O'Neil arrived, they've won 15 titles to our 5. 2 of these 5 were last 5 minute titles, 2 were last day victories, whereas I think they've won 14 of 15 before the last day.

Its not been a romp, most games have been bloody hard work. To suggest it was easy detracts from the team effort required.

I honestly thought it would be a close tense season neck and neck and sadly those bxstards to do it.

Amazed at how well we have done couldn't have dreamed a better season.

B-):shh:

The best part of this is we have been amazing from day one. Not given them a sniff of overturning us. Our great from has caused the timplosion for that club and its scum fans. Sit back and enjoy Bears it’s going to get even better over the next few weeks. 3.75 is over and 55 is here. WATP.

I thought we had the talent for a good run and that we would be stronger than last season, didn’t expect it to be so easy, although as poor as they have been I genuinely don’t think we are actually getting enough credit for how outstandingly good we have been.

I've had a good feeling about 55 all season but didn't expect us to be in a position to clinch it so soon

Whilst I was quietly confident about this season, thought it would be tight and probably the lead could swing by a few points each way over the course of the season.
After our positive start and beating them in October, I thought that if we were say 4 points clear after the 2nd January game we would be quite well placed.
Never imagined we would build up the size of lead we have particularly since the last OF.
Although we realised they were nowhere near as good as they believed themselves to be, the speed with which they have fallen apart has been a surprise.
Our relentlessness and form has without doubt though played a big part in this.
They have simply not been able to handle the pressure of dealing with the strength of our challenge.

I felt confident we’d win but I thought it would go the wire.

At this point it makes no difference how we do it, I just want the day to come do I can enjoy it.

At the start of the season I thought we would put in a better challenge but I thought it would go to after the split.

Always wondered how they would handle the pressure of a sustained challenge from us, didn’t expect the spectacular timplosion we got though. I’ll always look back to the 2-0 Goldson game as the day we broke them psychologically. Not a shot on our goal in their own mhidden, they realised that day we hadn’t caught them up, we had zoomed past them.

I did think if we could keep the pressure on they would crumble.
I didn't think it would be by this much though.
I really did.
Look at the "spine" of the team.

Did anyone think....

McGregor.
Goldson
Davis.
Jack.
Arfield.
Morelos.
Kent....
Didn't have the balls to say, "fuck these inferior mouthy rhats taking the cunt out of us"

That's not even including Gerrard and some others in the squad who I may have missed.

They were never getting 10.
Arrogant 19th Century Terrorist bastards.

at the start I thought we had the better team but they had the strength in numbers

we have been superb this year and every addition has played their part but their additions on the other hand - Turnbull aside (dont think he is the complete wonder boy they claim, seems to do it against the small sides.. and lets c when the boo boys come calling when crowds r back also) the rest have been a "shamble" i.e. Duffer - still hard to believe he is a pro footballer ?? in some games he looks like someone they have asked off the street, wannae a game .......

its been a great laugh with - Shark attacks, Doobuy Gate etc etc but we should get the credit the management and players deserve, all over the pitch
Scored more, conceded less, great keepers, dominate midfield in every game

We've Skooshed It ;-)

My mate who is a celtic fan, text me the day Brendan Rodgers left , that no matter who came in they wouldn't win 10 in a row , to be fair he said they more than likely would go on and win 9 (8.5) And I still have the message screenshotted, he was bang on.

im old enough to know that scottish football goes in cycles.i knew that when we won the league it would be by a large margin.the mentally challenged cycle is over.we will win at least 4 out of 5 titles going forward.take that to the bank.

P30 W19 D7 L4 64pts is how they stand right now. Practically any other year you would still expect to be right in the hunt with that total with 8 games to go.

To say they've collapsed does a massive disservice to how relentlessly consistent we have been, it is almost unprecedented. They haven't chucked it away, we have won this and we're winning it in style.

Michael Beale has played a huge part in getting the first team playing like they are.
As well as Gary Mac and Stevie G obviously but I feel Michael Beale should get more praise
Largely same team as last season with Roofe and Balogun added.
I couldn’t see us winning this season, we had a tendency to drop points at Kilmarnock and Livingston and the likes.
We turned such a corner

Back