Be Realistic Bears

Followbear93

Leverkusen are a step ahead in quality, game was already won. The negativity on the team and certain players is harsh.
I get it’s all about opinions but sometimes you need to hold your hands up and admit they are miles ahead.
Main striker head being turned isn’t a great help for starters but the team have done us proud.

A 13 month European campaign. I was just glad to be along for the ride.

My strip finally came down from the curtain rail (weird ritual I know) but it will be getting re-hung again soon and we will have a Itten, Balogun and Roofe to add to the squad.

It was great to be back in Europe and playing some of the biggest names in world football again!

We've had an amazing run and made a nice wedge. However lets not take our eye of the ball. The priority is the league this season and anything else is a nice distraction. For me it was a good workout against a potential Champions League style team and should increase the fitness levels too. All eyes should be on the main prize snd that's the league this season.

Any slim chance we may have had went when their third goal went in at Ibrox.

To have had only one competitive game before tonight it was never going to happen.

Tonight was a preseason friendly and about getting another game in the legs avoiding a hiding that would have dented the confidence.

Anyone thinking otherwise is a rocket.

Leverkusen are a step ahead in quality, game was already won. The negativity on the team and certain players is harsh.
I get it’s all about opinions but sometimes you need to hold your hands up and admit they are miles ahead.
Main striker head being turned isn’t a great help for starters but the team have done us proud.
We where unlucky in the draw the other two German teams Wolfsburg and Eintracht Frankfurt we’re beaten convincingly,as you said Leverkusen are a good outfit still it was a good outing for us.

Their big centre half was fucking brilliant. Only 21 as well. Still think the boy Trincao who played for Braga (now at Barca) was better than Havertz. Be interesting to see how their careers pan out.

I can see them winning the tournament,I certainly think they'll beat inter.

Getting to where they did is a great achievement IMHO. We were up against a top German side. I thought we would get a draw, I couldn't have seen us winning.

We'll not be meeting any team of this quality during our league season. Got to try and move the ball a bit quicker and I think we'll be OK.

I can't fault any of our European campaigners, exceptional to get that far and we were just completely outclassed by a team with a striker valued more than our entire football club

It's like a different sport in the upper echelons of Europe now

It is inarguable that Leverkusen were orders of magnitude ahead of us. Quickness and accuracy of passing, movement off the ball, tactical use of the 'high press' - all were well beyond the capabilities of the current Rangers team. I wonder though, would it be worthwhile for Gerrard to send a couple of his assistants over to Leverkusen to study their training and coaching methods - perhaps we might even learn something.

Their big centre half was fucking brilliant. Only 21 as well. Still think the boy Trincao who played for Braga (now at Barca) was better than Havertz. Be interesting to see how their careers pan out.
Didn’t think trincao was that great but will be good to see what one makes it this season

I can't fault any of our European campaigners, exceptional to get that far and we were just completely outclassed by a team with a striker valued more than our entire football club

It's like a different sport in the upper echelons of Europe now
Completely different game. All this high press makes it a completely different game than we are used to in all but maybe 4 domestic games. Plus we have shown we can play through it domestically

Good luck, bud.
I guess you’ll be a happy clappy clown.
Thats what realism gets you.

Stop making sense, the maniacs on here will turn on you. Then again 99% of the usual complainers were convinced OGS would be gone from Old Trafford last Christmas. That failed so they are back to hurling abuse at Rangers - manager, team selections, tactics, Tav, haircuts and a weak midfield.
Most of the moaners claim to know more about tactics than Pep x SAF x Klopp.
In fact, they could sort out all our problems in a few minutes.
It was a really good Euro run, and we progressed further than I expected.

Great to read a positive thread! We punched above our weight this year and hopefully we continue to do so.

Back